the sites pretty dead

Author: BigPimpDaddy

Total: 13
BigPimpDaddy
Debates: 5
BigPimpDaddy
On average only two topics get to the hot topics and new forum post once every 12-24 hours; its quite bland.

MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@BigPimpDaddy
The site revives each spring/summer and then fizzles out a bit each fall/winter.  Just the natural order of things.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@BigPimpDaddy
It also diminishes when you remove active people.

Dead is dead.

Not sure what "pretty dead" is......Perhaps adorned with brightly coloured flowers.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
A primary reason for it and why I won't aim to own a website like this is that the owner cannot remain anonymous while having a busy website as the way to get busy is to have adverts and a criterion to qualify a website for ads is to attach your person/company to the website as that individual and/or company is what the advert is done in the name of.

The owner of this website wants to stay anonymous and doesn't even debate in fear of his real opinions linking to his real identity. I understand the fear but the owner specifically can't be the one to be this fragile on a website if it is to get busy. The owner can be careful what they type but needs to reveal who they are.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Also, to qualify for ads the posts of members like Mesmer and Wylted will need to be removed, even some of my rap battle lyrics may need to be censored.
Sum1hugme
Debates: 37
Sum1hugme
-->
@RationalMadman
Also, to qualify for ads the posts of members like Mesmer and Wylted will need to be removed, even some of my rap battle lyrics may need to be censored.

The site already has ads
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sum1hugme
yeah that isn't with google adsense though I don't think. idk how/why that one ad thing is running.
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@RationalMadman
When I click the corner of the ad, it says "adchoice"
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sum1hugme
alright well unlike Google's adsense, it has vageuness in its terms of use so I'm not sure if the stuff those users posted will disqualify from the ads.

If it was Google adsense, that 100% would lead to penalty once Google was informed.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sum1hugme
I am surprised it lets ads run on the website even thought the owner isn't named on it. It has huge risk in its business model overall.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sum1hugme
Do you realise or not that I was saying to advertise this website elsewhere? You seem to have misunderstood what I said.

The site is dead because it doesn't advertise anywhere and he can't qualify for it due to some severe troll posts and also because of not identifying himself on the website.
Sum1hugme
Sum1hugme
-->
@RationalMadman
I gotcha now
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
I pretty much only post in the politics section, but one reason I’ve been feeling discouraged from doing so is that most people there act like defense attorneys instead of real people, in the sense that they concede absolutely nothing. In productive conversations all kinds of minor rhetorical concessions get made for the sake of winnowing down the conversation to the core disagreement. It’s probably just a symptom of American politics becoming more polarized over the past five years or so but those type of good faith conversations don’t really happen here that often. 

I wouldn’t say the site is dead though. I’m actually surprised/impressed by how alive it is, I definitely wouldn’t have thought it would last this long or be this active