Why is Biden channeling Beavis?

Author: 949havoc

Total: 45
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
In last Thursday's CNN Town Hall featuring Your Incompetentness, he is shown in social media in split screen with Bevis and his cornholio alter-ego, with arms down to the elbows, then bent forward with fists clenched. What is Biden doing?

1. Actually channeling Beavis.
2. In training to box Trump behind the woodshed.
3. Gripping a painting that isn't by his son, Punter.
4. Driving his peddle-pusher car in the driveway.
5. His orgasmic response to having his hairy legs rubbed by children.
6. Gripping his imagined podium so he does not fall on his face.
7. He was told by the earpiece ever present in his ear, "PoundMeToo."
8. Jill told him backstage before going on, "Just be yourself, Honey."
9. He whispered to the host, Anderson Cooper, "Guess in which hand I'm controlling the Border."
10. He's answering the question given to him, "What plans does the Biden Admin have to relieve the current squeeze due to rising gasoline and grocery prices?" in pantomime. He's applying reverse psychology. Or, maybe he just doesn't understand the question and will, if they don't break for a commercial, throw a tantrum.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
37% approve.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@949havoc
And then previously there was the Orange incompetentness.

If you don't like incompetence, don't keep voting for it.

What does this say about the competence of the American voter?
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@zedvictor4
Who becomes president does not reflect the average American voter at all but instead reflects the nepotism and cronyism inherent in the electoral college system. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
So, yeah.  

On the one hand we have our old man president doing his best to get a daycare tax write-off for the working class.

On the other we have this piece of shit:

After four-star General and former Secretary of State Colin Powell died, emotional tributes poured out from elected officials honoring Powell's character and longtime service to his country. President Joe Biden and former President Barack Obama issued long, personal statements about what Powell had meant to them. Former President George W. Bush and his vice president, Dick Cheney, expressed their deep personal sadness over the loss. And sitting Secretary of State Anthony Blinken delivered formal remarks recalling how kindly Powell had treated career diplomats and what a mentor Powell had been to many.

There was nothing from the immediate past president, Donald Trump – not even a brief, rote statement of condolence. And on Tuesday morning, Trump unloaded on the recently deceased man, dead at 84 from COVID-19 complications, who had crossed party lines to endorse Trump's Democratic opponents in 2016 and 2020.

"Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media," Trump said in a statement. "Hope that happens to me someday. He was a classic RINO, if even that, always being the first to attack other Republicans. He made plenty of mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace!"

When given the choice between old and evil, I'll take old every time.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@secularmerlin
Who becomes president does not reflect the average American voter at all but instead reflects the nepotism and cronyism inherent in the electoral college system. 

Correct. It's the elite and wealthy DC lobbyists that select and elect their PR man, not the voters.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Greyparrot
Correct. It's the elite and wealthy DC lobbyists that select and elect their PR man, not the voters.
Nice to be in agreement for once 
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Greyparrot
Generally true— even more true of the DNC than the RNC. Trump’s nomination was a notable upset of that norm. I’ve also heard that Carter’s nomination was pretty “grassroots” as well.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@secularmerlin
Probably true.

Though the us and them voters don't really think a lot about what they are voting for.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@zedvictor4
I would go so far as to say that any thinking on the subject is just an attempt to justify an emotional reaction with a post hoc rationalization to ones self.
cristo71
cristo71
Biden is a combination of Carter, Neville Chamberlain, and the title character of “Weekend at Bernie’s.”
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
Let's go Breadlines
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@zedvictor4
If you don't like incompetence, don't keep voting for it.
Wise advice for incompetence. Sadly, your opinion of Trump is not nearly so accurate. Witness:

The Trump you hate does not exist. 

Every president since Truman has promised to move the US Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv. Every one. Only one did it: Donald Trump. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/14/us/politics/trump-jerusalem-embassy-middle-east-peace.html

No Democrat or Republican President dared meet NoKo face-to-face until Trump did. That’s how diplomacy starts.  https://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-trump-kim-summit-20180611-story.html

No President, Roosevelt through Obama, Republican or Democrat. Passed a tax cut package the size of Trump’s. His corporate tax cut was 43%, largest in a century. That’s historic enough for me. What? You’re not a corporation? That’s on you. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tax-history/trumps-tax-cut-wont-be-the-biggest-in-u-s-history-idUSKBN1D223O

Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act, under duress as a Southern Democrat facing loss of the South for his party, but my factoid was Black unemployment. No modern president since Roosevelt, at least, has achieved the unemployment rate reached by Trump. https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/aug/01/donald-trump-said-hes-done-more-african-americans-/
Not to mention that black poverty rate had never seen better numbers. Trump has cut Johnson’s black poverty rate by half. https://infogram.com/untitled-1hxr4znwq7m54yo?live

Carter’s Iran disaster was legendary. You suggest Oba’a made a great deal. He sure did; it ensured Iran would have nuclear weapons by 2025. Read the Deal? No? I did. It’s a disaster, caving to Iran in addition to giving them $1.3B plus $400M in cash. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/03/01/was-obamas-1-7-billion-cash-deal-with-iran-prohibited-by-u-s-law/
As for the deal itself, it took all of 3 months, from July to October, for Iran to begin violating the deal, multiple times. https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/Timeline-of-Nuclear-Diplomacy-With-Iran

Clinton declared a substantive deal in 1994 with NoKo, but never met with Rocketman’s father. The deal was violated by NoKo almost immediately, which was meant to deter NoKo’s advances in achieving a nuclear missile delivery system. They have it, and have had it since 2002. https://theconversation.com/why-the-uss-1994-deal-with-north-korea-failed-and-what-trump-can-learn-from-it-80578

Oba’a economy was so recovered that he never achieved a greater quarter-to-quarter growth rate above 2.5%. He declared, himself, that 2% GDP was the new norm. https://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/11/07/obama-warns-of-new-normal-for-economy/

His economy was so recovered, he lost our AAA credit rating for the first time in history in 2011, costing us billions in new interest payments on the debt, and affected the world market downgrade. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-debt-downgrade/united-states-loses-prized-aaa-credit-rating-from-sp-idUSTRE7746VF20110807
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@949havoc
I hate no one.

Trump is an entertaining human being, but intellectually inept.

His qualifications for the Presidential job, were access to large sums of money and the ability to entertain the gullible masses.

Thus he bought one Presidency.......But failed to buy a second one, presumably because the gullible masses weren't suitably entertained....But perhaps he will buy a third.

That all depends mostly, on the fickleness of the gullible masses, and to a lesser extent the craziness of the Presidential voting system.

We wait with baited breath.

And just keep taking the disinfectant.

949havoc
949havoc
-->
@zedvictor4
Show me Biden's accomplishments. Something no President has ever done. I know you hate Trump. Show me why you love Biden.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@zedvictor4
I think it says mass democracy isn’t all it is hyped up to be 
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@bmdrocks21
mass democracy isn’t all it is hyped up to be 
Democracy is an ideal. There's nothing wrong with the ideal, it is simply our self-limited practice of it that is found wanting.
After all, consider that James Madison once said that if men were better angels, they would not need a government at all, because they would naturally be motivated to be the best they can be, learning correct principles and acting by them.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@949havoc
Democracy is an ideal. There's nothing wrong with the ideal, it is simply our self-limited practice of it that is found wanting.
Which is why mass democracy, just like communism, shouldn't be tried. Because they are foolish and doomed to failure because of our limitations. Although admittedly, the specific limitations in question are a bit different for the two.
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@bmdrocks21
shouldn't be tried.
Democracy: unfettered freedom, so long as my freedom leaves your nose alone. Therefore, a proper trial.
Communism: restriction of individual freedom, regardless of condition of noses. therefore, an improper trial.

Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@949havoc
Every president since Truman has promised to move the US Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv. Every one. Only one did it: Donald Trump.
That’s because there are political realities that have to be dealt with that are much harder than giving campaign speeches, but Trump is too stupid and has far too short an attention span to absorb any of it, so he just does.

No Democrat or Republican President dared meet NoKo face-to-face until Trump did. That’s how diplomacy starts.
I don’t agree with ignoring NK, but Trump’s meetings with KJU were a complete national embarrassment. He got nothing out of it except a photo op and a bizarre live fest with yet another dictator.

No President, Roosevelt through Obama, Republican or Democrat. Passed a tax cut package the size of Trump’s. His corporate tax cut was 43%, largest in a century.
I don’t consider a $2T package giving 81% of the benefits to the top 1% an accomplishment to brag about.

No modern president since Roosevelt, at least, has achieved the unemployment rate reached by Trump.
The unemployment rate continued to fall under Trump at the same rate it has been falling the previous 7 years under Obama.

On so on…

There will always be a way to rationalize every policy move any politician makes. The question is what the individual personally brought to the table. Trump is among many other things, the most divisive president we have ever had and our democracy is in the brink of total collapse largely because of him. Every republican in congress knows it too other than a very small handful of morons like MTG. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@949havoc
Love and Hate.....The inappropriate use of words.

I am British.

I watch from a distance , and I'm suitably entertained by internal U.S. presidential politics. Just as you perhaps are entertained by British politics.

Love and hate just do not enter into the equation.

Biden too old, and Trump too inept.

Biden the elderly Statesman, no longer up to performing on the World stage

Trump the ageing  businessman, just not suitable for performing on the World stage.

U.S. presidential elections are a repeating, media hyped and manipulated, us and them circus.

Just observations made, with little or no emotional input.
949havoc
949havoc
-->
@zedvictor4
Trump too inept.
Really. I've offered cited sources refuting that claim in my #13, and you have rebutted none of it, nor can you. Further, is it because Biden is too old that you cannot cite references to what Biden has accomplished so far? Too old to really do anything? I agree, but age is not his overwhelming problem. Biden has never accomplished much in his entire political career. Oh, he sponsored the1992 Crime Bill that even Bill Clinton has admitted by reflection that it was a disaster, particularly for Blacks.  Not to mention that Biden did himself no favors claiming that if blacks did not vote for him, they wren't black, or that the black community is not diverse like the hispanics, or by sucking up to KKK hero, Sen. Robert Byrd for Biden's entire, sorry life. Now, that is inept.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@949havoc
Now that is.......Quite obviously.....Just us and them bias.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@bmdrocks21
Democracy will only work if the electorate and those up for election, are prepared to abide by the democratic decision.

And the democratic decision will only be accurately representative if the democratic process is democratic.

But no matter how flawed the U.S. electoral system might be, and how polarised U.S. society might be......What is the alternative?

Reforming the system would certainly help.

And whether or not the American public are as polarised as the media would like to suggest, I cannot say.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@zedvictor4
Democracy won’t work because most people voting are uninformed. Heck, a lot of voters are barely literate. Making voting a “right” rather than a privilege was a mistake
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@bmdrocks21
Democracy won’t work because most people voting are uninformed. Heck, a lot of voters are barely literate.
Please substantiate both of these.

Making voting a “right” rather than a privilege was a mistake
This is the base that democracy starts from. You have a right to vote no matter how you form your opinion. Having people have to pass some sort of test to vote invites bias in whatever test that is (not very difficult to sneak idealogical bents into test material, essentially making only one side's vote eligible). Come on now. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ludofl3x
Yep.

But telling a gullible numpty to vote for someone, when they haven't got a clue, is also inviting bias.
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@zedvictor4
Campaigning is certainly inviting bias; requiring a test to vote is codifying it. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Democracy doesn't work because most people are terrified and I mean terrified that the other party will win and their agenda will not be represented in Washington. As long as only two parties are allowed to have air time for and participate in debates it's going to be that way. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@ludofl3x
Please substantiate both of these.

There aren't any hard stats on what percent of voters are "barely literate" as I said.

But, 50% of US adults cannot read a book at an eighth grade reading level. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2016/11/01/hiding-in-plain-sight-the-adult-literacy-crisis/?noredirect=on That's OECD data

And nearly a quarter of Philly adults can't read, but they still vote because they can bring helpers to voting stations. They are especially used in areas with low English proficiency there. https://billypenn.com/2019/04/29/nearly-a-quarter-of-philly-adults-cant-read-but-they-still-vote/

Now "Democracy won't work" is not something so easily proven. It depend on your metric. If your metric is "can a country survive under democracy", then sure, it works. Now if your claim is more along the lines of "mass democracy leads to tyranny" or my belief that "it is suboptimal to let any citizen that is 18 or older vote". Voting is fine..... but letting illiterate people do it? No bueno

This is the base that democracy starts from. You have a right to vote no matter how you form your opinion. Having people have to pass some sort of test to vote invites bias in whatever test that is (not very difficult to sneak idealogical bents into test material, essentially making only one side's vote eligible). Come on now. 

I am outwardly biased towards people that can read. I have no problem with that.