Blotto's Game - Pie vs. RM

Author: Discipulus_Didicit

Total: 46
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
The game begins:

We will make RM blue again for this one. Pie, you will be red.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
@ILikePie5
RM has sent in his turn already. Pie, I will assume you fully understand the game from watching the last thread unless you ask me a question in which case I will answer it. You have ten shapes to assign for round one, send me your deployment via PM when ready.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
@ILikePie5
Round ONE Board:

Let me know if you think I made any mistake.

You each have NINE shapes to deploy for this round. You each have THIRTY-SIX shapes that can't be deployed this round but can be deployed in subsequent rounds. Please submit actions via PM now.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
@ILikePie5
Round TWO Board:

You each have EIGHT shapes to deploy for this round. You each have TWENTY-EIGHT shapes that can't be deployed this round but can be deployed in subsequent rounds. Please submit actions via PM now.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
@ILikePie5
Round THREE Board:

You each have SEVEN shapes to deploy for this round. You each have TWENTY-ONE shapes that can't be deployed this round but can be deployed in subsequent rounds. Please submit actions via PM now.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Round FOUR Board:

You each have SIX shapes to deploy for this round. You each have FIFTEEN shapes that can't be deployed this round but can be deployed in subsequent rounds. Please submit actions via PM now.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
In case you didn’t see it
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
@ILikePie5
Round FIVE Board:

You each have FIVE shapes to deploy for this round. You each have TEN shapes that can't be deployed this round but can be deployed in subsequent rounds. Please submit actions via PM now.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
/in
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
I have a decent concept for a 1 v 1 v 1 worked out, would you prefer that or a 1 v 1?
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
before we all realise the secrets/rules-to-not-gamethrow etc do you want to vs me with someone else hosting?

Do you do this on paint or what?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
before we all realise the secrets/rules-to-not-gamethrow etc do you want to vs me with someone else hosting?
Sure, sounds fun. If we can't find anyone to host I will try to think of some other way to do it.

Do you do this on paint or what?
Yes, I use Paint. Could easily be done with the host just typing the board results each round but using a visual seemed more fun.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@oromagi
Willing to host the challenge in post 11-12?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
it's fun but because it requires the host and all players to be simultaneously online, active and there's no real strict limit on thinking time, the turns stretching out can get annoying.

I think it can be fun though and the visuals do help to keep it entertaining for others watching but ultimately, I think I have 'cracked' the game. For instance, Pie made significant errors on both his first turn and the turn that just happened right now (round 5). It's the same error I made in a round or 2 of my game with Oromagi but I honestly did the error on purpose because I was bored and hoped he'd attack me on multiple angles instead of his playstyle. 

It's obvious what the error is now that I mentioned the Round but it's too late for him to fix, he will need to get lucky every single turn from now on, if he is to tie with me whereas I can absolutey guarantee that I don't lose.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
@ILikePie5
Round SIX Board:

You each have FOUR shapes to deploy for this round. You each have SIX shapes that can't be deployed this round but can be deployed in subsequent rounds. Please submit actions via PM now.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
OK but I won't paint the board, I'll just layout the board in the post.

Are we using the same 10 battlefield set-up with 15 markers played for each player?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
@ILikePie5
Round SEVEN Board:

You each have THREE shapes to deploy for this round. You each have THREE shapes that can't be deployed this round but can be deployed in subsequent rounds. Please submit actions via PM now.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@oromagi
Are we using the same 10 battlefield set-up with 15 markers played for each player?
Yeah, with ten rounds of diminishing reinforcements. Sounds good to me assuming RM agrees. Will send you my move now.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I knew a more secure way to force the win in Round 7 but I never thought he'd put 3 on that spot. That was an insane prediction by him especially as he put 3 instead of 4 which is perplexing.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
If you are curious the way i'd have forced a win on round 7 if I wasn't playing for fun and instead for money or whatever is this:

this way I always end up with 5 and he can't end up with more than 4 (potentially ends with only 3, depends on luck) based on the fact that the next round I do a random 2-1 split across the tied spots.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
If he guessed the 2-1 correctly and cut out my 2 +2s this is still a win of 4-3

I was bored and wanted to gamble here so I did what I did, it's still possible I win, it depends what he does now. No matter what it's tied at worst.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
When our game is over (you vs me), I'll vs you 100% hardcore, 0 room for error. Then I will reveal the strategy's foundation/pillars.

If I lose vs you, you played perfect. I won't do a risky gambit at all, I'd prefer if we can both be online though for it start-to-end rapid, I pay attention better under some pressure. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
When our game is over (you vs me), I'll vs you 100% hardcore, 0 room for error. Then I will reveal the strategy's foundation/pillars.
So the current DD vs RM is hardcore or are you saying you using the current one to examine my strat and want a rematch after it that will be hardcore?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I said I'm tryharding this, which I was anyway just this time no nonsense in the middle.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
I am not tryharding at all lol
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
I wasn't really tryharding, I meant vs DD. For instance when I put 5 onto your zone 2, it's only justifiable (still suboptimal) because of how much you put into your zone 5. Really I never had to do that, you'd lost from turn 1 if I played properly but I wanted to give you a chance and somehow you kept doing well enough to have a chance. It's your turn btw. Waiting for round 8 to show.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
I wasn't really tryharding, I meant vs DD. For instance when I put 5 onto your zone 2, it's only justifiable (still suboptimal) because of how much you put into your zone 5. Really I never had to do that, you'd lost from turn 1 if I played properly but I wanted to give you a chance and somehow you kept doing well enough to have a chance. It's your turn btw. Waiting for round 8 to show.
Lol I was just putting stuff where it seemed like it was a good idea. And we’re waiting on DD to show up again. I’m sorry for my late submissions. I have a Stats Exam today 
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
@ILikePie5
Round EIGHT Board:

You each have TWO shapes to deploy for this round. You each have ONE shape that can't be deployed this round but can be deployed in the next round, which is the last. Please submit actions via PM now.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
you didn't I definitely did
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
it's a tie, there's no point playing it out anymore, I was meant to put the 1 on the tile next to it, I really hate the list method I'd rather say zones and where I want it