Virginia and New Jersey Election Threads

Author: thett3

Total: 37
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
Thread for discussing these elections which occur tomorrow

I am predicting a win by Youngkin (R) in Virginia, because he is 6'7". He also has my full endorsement for that reason
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
I think tiki-gate was a disaster for the establishment. 

That and McAuliffe really didn't need to make the race about Trump. He could have easily taken the traditional route and pledge false promises and sailed to an easy win.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@thett3
Not much difference in the hair.

So might all boil down to height.

Though from certain angles, McAuliffe has as a slight nasal disadvantage too.

Are U.S. voters that shallow.

I think that they probably are.

Though I also think that the depth of most peoples political considerations, wouldn't be enough for them to get their feet wet.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@thett3
Youngkin by 1.5
Sears by 1
Miyares by 0.5

Murphy by 7
thett3
thett3
-->
@Greyparrot
I think tiki-gate was a disaster for the establishment.
It’s always hard to tell what normal, sane people know about versus what us extremely online people know about. But if the average Virginia voter heard about it it’s definitely the type of the thing that would go over like a lead balloon. Enough that it probably did push some learners into Youngkin. 

Personally I enjoyed seeing Clayton Bixby, the black white supremacist, come to life. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
Personally I enjoyed seeing Clayton Bixby, the black white supremacist, come to life. 

I thought that was Larry Elder... :D
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@thett3
The fact that Virginia is in play is about as shocking as Virginia’s descent into deep-blue territory was.

If Rs lose, it’s time for western Virginia to merge with West Virginia 🔥 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@bmdrocks21
-->@thett3
The fact that Virginia is in play is about as shocking as Virginia’s descent into deep-blue territory was.

If Rs lose, it’s time for western Virginia to merge with West Virginia 🔥 
That would be quite the journey.  West Virginia seceded from Virginia because Virginia seceded from the Union.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@oromagi
That would be quite the journey.  West Virginia seceded from Virginia because Virginia seceded from the Union.
It would be! Think of all the generic talking points I could make about them once again splitting to join Republicans and get away from the “real racists” (democrats).

My mouth waters at the thought 🤤 

thett3
thett3
looks like Big Glenn the suburban superman is gonna do it
thett3
thett3
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
Too tall to fail.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
McAuliffe choking

949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
The message tonight in VA & NJ, almost regardless of the outcome, although it appears the upset is in play in VA with a Youngkin win, but also because of a very strong showing in NJ by Ciatterelli that is currently ahead; and even if by some miracle, Youngkin loses; the Biden agenda [that was never his in the first place, but imposed on him as a deal made to let him be in the Oval] is dying and dead:

Woke is broke.

Couldn't happen to a more ill-conceived moniker chosen by sleepy people.
949havoc
949havoc
Time for Dems to assign blame; it's what you do.

So, who do you blame for this disaster harbinger for '22? You should have not only won, but won big. Nope. Do you blame the guy in the Oval [who happens to be missing in action, and, literally, asleep at the switch]?
thett3
thett3
-->
@949havoc
Yeah of course these are off year elections with a Dem President but these results are just embarrassing. These were both Biden double digit states. The fact that R’s can win Trumps rural margins without him on the ballot while also clawing back some Dem gains in the suburbs is massive and bodes extremely poorly for Dems. Losing once and barely winning a second time against Donald Trump should have been a giant warning sign as well. People really, really hate the woke freaks
949havoc
949havoc
From the Marx/Engels Communist Manifesto [and Terry McAuliffe]:

"The bourgeois clap-trap about the family and education, about the hallowed co-relation of parent and child, becomes all the more disgusting, the more, by the action of Modern Industry, all family ties among the proletarians are torn asunder..."

Progs can mess with us, but, when. you mess with "the hallowed co-relation of patent and child" to disrupt that co-relation, you awaken the giant, the box of deplorables, deplored only by those who oppose family, orchestrated by parents, and prefer family orchestrated by government. You will fail.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@thett3
Yeah, there won't be a lot of zippy one liners from the wokistas on Dart in this thread.

This one is a bomb.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@thett3
Yeah of course these are off year elections with a Dem President but these results are just embarrassing. These were both Biden double digit states. The fact that R’s can win Trumps rural margins without him on the ballot while also clawing back some Dem gains in the suburbs is massive and bodes extremely poorly for Dems. Losing once and barely winning a second time against Donald Trump should have been a giant warning sign as well. People really, really hate the woke freaks
Who would’ve thought suburban moms and dads don’t want CRT in schools. Who would’ve thought they cared about inflation and gas prices.

Ciattarelli is also very close but I think he ends up losing because of the Newark and Trenton machines, but he put up one hell of a fight in a Biden + 16 state.
thett3
thett3
-->
@ILikePie5
Ciattarelli is also very close but I think he ends up losing because of the Newark and Trenton machines, but he put up one hell of a fight in a Biden + 16 state.
I had a nagging suspicion this one was gonna be closer than anticipated. Also, Republicans flipped a Biden +13, 70% Hispanic state house seat in south Texas. Hopefully the white/hispanic anti-left/woke alliance continues 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
I didn't follow much this election but the fact that Virginia flipped red is sorta crazy. Hopefully some policy will get done. I remember vividly when Bruce Rauner won the governmental race in Illinois and then his tenure leading to him becoming a puppy dog for Dems and the as a result, getting blown out in 2018. Still, it does show a lot about the outcomes of the next election, as in 2016, Trump won.
thett3
thett3
-->
@Vader
A solid win in 2024 with something close to a filibuster proof majority is up for grabs if the Republicans can nominate a good candidate 

At this point I think Trump could probably win again (did not think this before) but he would win an anemic victory that leaves lots of states and seats on the table and would probably be even less effective than he was in his first term. However like I've said before, him becoming President again would be one of the funniest things to ever happen so he has that going for him
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Vader
Hopefully some policy will get done
I think we need to keep our expectations realistic. Let’s keep in mind that ultra-lib Vermont has a Republican governor. It is just a relative game on a state level. Essentially, he’s just somewhere to the right of his opponent, which is good, but not necessarily meaning he’ll get anything close to what we consider “wins”.

cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
This is yet another wake up call for the left and the DNC to reflect and self-assess, particularly in education. Maybe law enforcement, too. But the DNC didn’t reflect after the historic upset in 2016, so why would it start now?
thett3
thett3
-->
@bmdrocks21
Essentially, he’s just somewhere to the right of his opponent, which is good, but not necessarily meaning he’ll get anything close to what we consider “wins”.
Yeah but he will probably end the institutionalized child abuse of forcing toddlers and children to wear masks eight hours a day, or teaching them divisive political jargon in elementary school. That’s good enough for me!
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@thett3
Yeah but he will probably end the institutionalized child abuse of forcing toddlers and children to wear masks eight hours a day, or teaching them divisive political jargon in elementary school. That’s good enough for me!
Yeah it’s good enough that, if I were in Virginia I’d vote for him. But I feel like too much weight is put on his party affiliation when we don’t even really know where he stands on a lot of issues. He has no political record, I believe.

If he does those things you mentioned and rolls back those anti-gun policies, he’ll be pretty good. But let’s keep in mind he’s only pretty good by modern-Virginia standards. Who knows, he could be another Romney or Cheney

949havoc
949havoc
I have the answer for Dems. Get Nancy Pelosi to impeach Youngkin. And maybe Ciattarelli, too, if his lead holds. She can do it. Doesn't mater that her impeachments of Trump were not legit, either, so, why not? It's how Dems deal with reality: ignore it.
949havoc
949havoc
Terry McAuliffe's failure may turn out to be his step into the poo of discounting the presence and vital merit of parents in public education in favor of teachers' unions. They, too, have a place, but not at the exclusion of the PTA. Everyone knows the acronym, and what the first letter signifies, and the order of placement is not an accident. Founded in the late 218th century, the PTA's purpose and objective has not changed: "PTA's mission is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.  https://www.pta.org/home/About-National-Parent-Teacher-Association/Mission-Values

McAuliffe's dismissal of the vital role parents have in their own children's education cannot be replaced by the Communist Manifesto, which I cited yesterday [#17], which McAuliffe embraced in his campaign. Maybe he's learned something
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@thett3
What I found funny is that Donald Trump wins even when he’s not on the ballot. Terry spent the entire race talking about Trump and that screwed him over the issues. DJT still lives rent free in the heads of Democrats lol
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@ILikePie5
What I found funny is that Donald Trump wins even when he’s not on the ballot
Doubtful, considering Virginia went 54-44% for Biden.

More likely that they voted against Democrats than for Trump