Obama channeling Obiden

Author: 949havoc

Total: 8
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
Yesterday, at the 2021 UN Climate Change Conference, held in Glasgow. Obama seemed to channel JoeBiden:  "Since we're in the Emerald Isles here, let me quote the bard, William Shakespeare," Obama said. "‘What wound,’ he writes, ‘did ever heal but by degrees.’"

Oops.
"We're" not in Ireland, "we're" in Scotland.
Shakespeare is England's bard. The bard of Ireland is Robert Burns. There was once a Robert the Bruce, King of Scots, in the early 14th century, but he was neither a bard, nor concerned about climate change. Shakespeare did write the quote, said by Othello in the play of the same name, but the "degrees" spoken of had naught to do with temperature.

Yep, sounds just like Biden.  

Barack, you don't have to do this. One in your party is enough.

BigPimpDaddy
Debates: 5
BigPimpDaddy

why do you give a shit?
RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
-->
@949havoc
People in Scotland don't really dislike the association with Shakespeare as a British icon even if originally England was separate from Scotland. I doubt this offended anyone.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
If you weren't aware, Shakespeare was popular in Scotland in the years that followed. Macbeth was actually based on a Scottish King.
949havoc
Debates: 7
949havoc
-->
@RationalMadman
Did I say someone was offended, and that is on Obama?  I mentioned no offense; only that Obama is channeling the flubbing, tongue-tied Biden.
Shakespeare's popularity in Scotland is not disputed. That Obama linked Shakespeare to Ireland as Ireland's bard is just wrong. No offense implied. You will recall that Obama once said his presidential campaign would spread to 57 states. I never complained of being offended; he was just wrong.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Redcoats are cucks
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ILikePie5
It amuses me that you can be so virulently opposed to British colonists but not to the Spanish, Portuguese and other colonists that brutally raped and pillaged while forming what is now the US.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@RationalMadman
It amuses me that you can be so virulently opposed to British colonists but not to the Spanish, Portuguese and other colonists that brutally raped and pillaged while forming what is now the US.
We never fought a war with the Spanish and Portuguese 🤷‍♂️