Oppression

Author: sadolite

Total: 19
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
Tell us your first world horror stories of oppression in America. You know, if it weren't for ................................ I could be successful.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@sadolite
Then relate your story to the masses at the border, please.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@cristo71
The masses at the Boarder? Uh they are not citizens of the US. their oppression is from where they came from. They should go back and kill everyone in the govt they fled. We as a nation have no obligation to let anyone into this country. That is not oppression upon you nor those seeking to enter this country. US citizenship is a privilege not a right. Try again. Also answering a question with a question is obfuscation and thus implies you have no oppression in your life. Your life is what you made of it. Am I correct?

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
If we really wanted to solve the root causes of immigration, we would use the military to wipe out communism in South America.
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@sadolite
To clarify:  my request was an addendum to your request, not aimed at you but to the same audience you yourself are addressing.

In other words, warn the border crossers of how oppressive the US is…

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@cristo71
Let them know how systemically racist the USA is before they decide to cross over illegally.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 172
Intelligence_06
if it weren't for capitalist monopolies feeding me consumerist myths which leading me to not value labor and working, I could be successful.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@sadolite
I refute the premise inherent in the question: that those who are successful must not have been oppressed and/or that those who are unsuccessful must have been oppressed.  Thomas Jefferson wrote eloquently in the Declaration  of Independence of his Country's oppression by George III but I don't think any would claim that Jefferson was therefore unsuccessful.

I do have some personal horror stories of State enforced oppression mostly stemming from being a gay teenager during the Reagan Era.  I could make a pretty good case that society strongly discouraged  me from pursuing  my first ambition, which was to teach history, on the grounds that gays were not appropriate teachers. I've been fired on the spot because an employer overheard me coming out to a co-worker - we weren't even at work and at that time I had zero legal recourse.  I can certainly confirm that coming out in the 80's and 90's provoked a lot more legal scrutiny and vulnerability- if a cop had reason to suppose you were gay they were fifty times more likely to search your car, look for some irregularity for which they might charge you with something.    I have personally witnessed a gang of cops driving at high speed through a gay public outing, yelling insults and swinging their nightsticks with impunity.  I have lived in a city where a serial killer had targeted 14 gay men and police refused to that as a problem.  I had friends dying of AIDS while Ronald Reagan publicly joked about that epidemic.  I have definitely witnessed and experienced and fought to abolish some degrees of State oppression- nowhere near as bad as other had it, certainly worse than most of my friends and peers experienced.  Would I say that therefore I am not successful?  No.  I am content with my successes but that doesn't assuage the pain of disenfranchisement or lessen the fear of an illiberal government.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@cristo71
Ah I see said the blind man
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@oromagi
 So your being gay wasn't oppression from govt but rather living a lifestyle that society did not accept, correct?  Cop harassment, been there did that done that. I don't look at it as oppression as much as I do as drunk with power fuck faces. It isn't official police policy like say the govt forcing you out of work because you wont comply to say taking untested drugs they say will benefit society.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Everyone is oppressed due to the 2nd law of Thermodynamics.

You don't ever have to meet a person your entire life to be oppressed. You were born oppressed and you will die oppressed.

There exists no relief other than the comforts you create for yourself. Every person you call an oppressor is also oppressed.

Everyone deals with oppression, but few take the responsibility to protect themselves.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
I don't look at it as oppression as much as I do as drunk with power fuck faces.

I find it hard to take anyone on this site seriously about their commitment to fighting government tyranny when they parrot the divisive rhetoric the politicians use to keep the government safe from the oppressed people. The government is the enemy, not some made up labels and made up enemies.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Greyparrot
If we really wanted to solve the root causes of immigration, we would use the military to wipe out communism in South America.

I find it hard to take anyone on this site seriously about their commitment to fighting government tyranny when they parrot the divisive rhetoric the politicians use to keep the government safe from the oppressed people. The government is the enemy, not some made up labels and made up enemies.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Reece101

Communist countries create the conditions that make people flee. Every one of them is an oppressive government. All of South America's regimes  say America is the enemy as the people flee when it's clear their own government is the enemy.

It would be an act of supreme global charity to eliminate all oppressive governments, including the one in DC.

How's that for root causes.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Greyparrot
You don’t think the US will stay for the Lithium when it comes to Venezuela?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Reece101
They will if the same retards keep voting all that power for DC.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Greyparrot
Tyranny is lawless policy imposed by govt,  IE: forcing everyone to comply to inject themselves with untested experimental drugs for instance. Individual lawless acts of fuck faces is not tyranny.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
IE: forcing everyone to comply to inject themselves with untested experimental drugs for instance
That’s why we had clinical trials.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
if it werent for the hart celler 1965 immigration act, I could be happy