god, the judge

Author: Lunar108

Total: 38
Lunar108
Debates: 0
Lunar108
God is not good nor is it bad, God wouldn't interfere in the world -under the assumption that god do exist-
god is just a judge,
if you're good, Then you go to heaven, Reincarnate in good environment, , , , , , , , Etc
if you're bad you go to hell, Reincarnate badly
as an agnostic, I don't believe in organized religion, But if god do existed, It wouldn't interfere with reality, And all the religions where god interfere with reality are obviously wrong, At the very least in this life, So if you expect god to pull off some miracle and reverse gravity just because you prayed and asked him to, Then I'm sorry to disappoint you but, But we live in reality and not in some fantasy world, And god is just an observer at the very least in this life, At the very least god wouldn't interfere with reality in this life, If praying could solve problems then why do we need the police, The army, Doctors, Prisons, , , , , Etc.
God wouldn't interfere with reality because if he does it will restrain the freedom of choice of people in this life, Rendering his right of judging them in the afterlife invalid, This is evil but it's people's/humans's evil not god's evil
===========================================================
why should god help you ?
are you narcissistic that you believe that god should leave all the children and the people suffering from malnutrition and lack of food and life necessity and interfere with reality just to help you , because you have faith, then you should see a psychotherapist to solve your narcissism
would the death of the ants living under our bed by other ants matter to you ? what if those ants are worshiping you as a god ? would you really care ?
the answer is no
==========================================================
if god interfered with reality in this life god would lose his right to judge in the afterlife, since the punishment/reward have already been delivered
==========================================================
organized religion
God doesn't have an organized religion, organized religion is usually due to one's parents and his geographic location
" how many religions do you really know ? only one and yet you're so sure that it's the right one ? why ? , because your parents and society told you so ? you're not the only one "
people from other religions in areas where those religions are dominant have been told the same ,
god wouldn't judge people based on the geographic location of their birth or whom they were birthed to .
since that would be unfair
============================================================
god created nature placed the laws that govern it and then lift it alone .
god doesn't control nature , natural disasters ,  cause diseases , disabilities ,,,,,,etc
while god did place the laws govern them he just lift after that and doesn't interfere with it
but nature shows us how god is not evil nor good but neutral just by being the same
============================================================
god judge people based on actions/circumstances
this is why god wouldn't interfere with reality in this life
if god interfered with reality in this life god would lose his right to judge in the afterlife, since the punishment/reward have already been delivered

Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Lunar108
Have you ever met the fellow on this site who used to go by the name Willows? 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Tradesecret
Very Well played. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
And other tree based names.

Though the above is a good perspective of the hypothetical Christian GOD principle.

Lunar108
Lunar108
-->
@zedvictor4
christian ? I'm not christian , I'm against all organized religion
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Lunar108
christian ? I'm not christian , I'm against all organized religion.

At least to  my knowledge the Christ of the Christian  doesn't command one's head be removed  for simply not believing in him as in Islam mentioned in your other thread. wrongdoings of the prophet of islam (debateart.com)

That said, I am sure there have been many a non believers head removed by Christians by their own vocation and not  by the command by the Christ. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Lunar108
Never said you were.

I'm what would be generally regarded as atheist.

And although I think that theistic belief is a bit daft.....I'm not "against" it.

it's just how some people have developed.
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Lunar108
What god are you speaking of?

If Yahweh/Jesus, then how can you say they are good judges when their verdicts go to genocide and Armageddon?

Yahweh even murdered A & E by neglect and locking away the tree of life.

Would you trust a judge that murders?

Have you seen this good judgement?

Regards
DL
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Stephen
I don't know how many will lose their heads, but many, the majority if scriptures are correct, are to die.

On Jesus and his promised Armageddon.

Regards
DL

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
I liked the comment in your link by 
Ian Strange
5 years ago
"I have to laugh when believers bleat " Oh but Jesus loves you all." Underneath all the sugar-coating, the Gospel is really a threat: believe this message or burn for all eternity".
 It reminds me of the oft spouted comment made by Christians concerning "free will". They don't seem to understand that gods "free will" came with a threat of death, too.
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Stephen
I hear you.

If a Christian uses a free will argument on you, blow him off with scriptures that say we have none.

---------

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byHYeHN4ZUQ

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

----------
"I have to laugh when believers bleat " Oh but Jesus loves you all."

Yes, except for women and gays, which are half the worlds population.

All does not mean all when lying Christians use it.

Regards
DL
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
The free will that God offers...

But the god  of the bible doesn't offer free will, at all, anywhere. It is  only Christians that have come up with this apologetic excuse when stuck for answers to simple questions such as;  why did god even bother to put temptation in front of  creation in the first place , especially when he knew the out- come? And it should be glaringly obvious to any qualified and accredited Pastor or Priest that it is not free will if it comes with a death penalty that would condemn all of mankind in the future.

I have read the available Gnostic Gospels. They certainly paint a different story altogether don't they?   Philips' gospel ridicules Christians for taking the resurrection story literally :  "those that say they will die first and the rise again are in error" 73:1-3NHL144 and  I couldn't agree more with old Phil on that score.

GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Stephen
Our views are indeed different.

We chose not to adore a genocidal garbage god, and call evil, evil, --- while Christians call that evil entity good.

We, demonstrably, have a free will, that is only limited by nature and physics.

Regards
DL

RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
DL, loved that breadcrumb 
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4
And other tree based names.

Though the above is a good perspective of the hypothetical Christian GOD principle.
I have a genuine question. He can answer it if he chooses. 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Yep

I too thought it a "breadcrumb".

But perhaps something I don't know about.

Can you enlighten me?
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Yep

I'd forgotten about Dr Lebronski.

Sorry Doc L.
GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Lunar108
You talked of all organized religions.

Were you including affiliated atheist churches?

I am all in for those Mystery Schools.

Beats loosing our kids to the right wing supernatural thinking syndrome.

Regards
DL
Lunar108
Lunar108
-->
@GnosticChristianBishop
I'm including every organized religion in the world ,
if they have churches then they are no longer atheists , especially if they have Sunday assembly too
those people are trying to turn atheism into a religion , and some even asking pastors about how to organize a religious assembly

GnosticChristianBishop
GnosticChristianBishop
-->
@Lunar108
"if they have churches then they are no longer atheists , "

Show where they have agreed to this, regardless of atheist churches calling themselves atheist churches.

Regards
DL
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Lunar108
those people are trying to turn atheism into a religion ,

And they will keep trying to.

and some even asking pastors about how to organize a religious assembly

Yes they depend on the Pastor to help them organise their own lives for them and to do all of their thinking (leading) for them. And this is what pastors and priest rely on. imo What is the point of Pastors and Priests otherwise?
Lunar108
Lunar108
-->
@Stephen
what I hate about organized religion is not the religion itself but how it becomes a tool ,
and by a tool I mean a political tool for politicians , a tool for preachers and evangelists to fill their pockets  by deceiving the poor , or a tool to divide and spread hatred between people , by dividing them into camps , there's us and them , the believers in our god/religion VS everbody else who believes in anything else
and the most hated thing is how organized religion creates classes and hierarchy between people , some religions claim that they don't when they obviously do like islam .
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Lunar108
what I hate about organized religion is not the religion itself but how it becomes a tool ,

[A]It has always been a tool of control. In ancient times it was religiopolitical. One and the same thing. The priest made all the dictates, rules and laws . 

and by a tool I mean a political tool for politicians , a tool for preachers and evangelists to fill their pockets  by deceiving the poor , or a tool to divide and spread hatred between people ,

See [A] above.

Lunar108
Lunar108
-->
@Stephen
and I would hate for atheism to end up becoming the same as those religions it's fighting against 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Atheist love telling people what to do, even other atheists. LOL Some people actually like interacting with others face to face.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Lunar108
and I would hate for atheism to end up becoming the same as those religions it's fighting against 

That  won't be anytime soon.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Atheist love telling people what to do, even other atheists. LOL Some people actually like interacting with others face to face.

Nope. that will be the organised THEIST religion that you insist on calling "myth".

And why do you keep ignoring my questions , Witch?

Oh don't worry, I'm f****** done.

Before you go AGAIN, just answer this for me ,Witch.

You say above:

No god created the universe. Just their world or worlds.#12

Where are these worlds of the gods and how old are your own  gods?

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Lunar108
...and I would hate for atheism to end up becoming the same as those religions it's fighting against 

Atheist 'mega-churches'

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Is that really you Mr E?

Back from the wilderness.

Hope that you and the lovely Mrs E are both well.