why do feminists defend islam and not christianity

Author: Lunar108

Total: 101
Lunar108
Debates: 0
Lunar108
I've noticed that feminists tend to hate christianity while they love islam 
quite the irony considering they stand to defend homosexuals and devil worshippers -not that I stand against any of them- 
but islam is not known for it's mercy when meeting minorities 
it's more known for bullying minorities including the minor sects that follows their same religion 
not to mention people from other religions , homosexuals , devil worshippers left winged religions , among many other things
_________________-------------------------___________________________-------------------
let us not get away from my main question which is why do feminists defend islam but not christianity , why do they hate christianity and why do they love islam ?
you should know that islam now resembles ancient christianity where even the smallest criticism would lead to accusations of blasphemy  and probably death if not in real life it would be a social death 
===========================================
does this means that ancient christianity and it's methods to deal with critics was right ?
would feminists defend and love christianity the same way they are defending and loving islam if christianity returned to it's old ways ?
______________________________________________________________________________________
when I began debating religious people I was expecting people to criticize me for attacking christianity and making fun of it but I was surprised when I got criticized for making fun of islam , I thought aren't those people living in the west why are they defending islam instead of defending christianity ?
however when I make fun of christianity I found those people on my side and some of them even encouraged me , what kind of mentality is this exactly ?
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Lunar108
Ah, and Atheism is 'free of such actions, in past, present, and future, eh?
Lunar108
Lunar108
-->
@Lemming
free of what actions ?
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Lunar108
The forceful application of one's own values, discrimination against others.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
I've noticed that feminists tend to hate christianity while they love islam 
What evidence supports this claim?  I am certain that you can find some individual feminists who hate Christianity and love Islam but describing that dynamic as a "tendency" means that you think the majority of feminists support such a contradiction- a claim without much validity in the real world.  Can you provide sources that back your claim that the majority of Feminists prefer Islam over Christianity?   ...because I'm fairly certain you cant.
Lunar108
Lunar108
-->
@oromagi
I am talking about this out of my own experience  , if you don't like what you see I don't care
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Lunar108
-->@oromagi
I am talking about this out of my own experience  , if you don't like what you see I don't care
Since I assume you have not discussed the subject personally with the majority of all Feminists, I will read this as your concession that this is not a tendency of Feminists but only the tendency of some self-proclaimed Feminists of your acquaintance.

Since your question was "why do feminists defend islam and not christianity" and we've established that you only mean those few Feminists you know, it seems like you are the only person in a position to answer this question with any authority and probably need not ask the forums to answer a question only you can answer.

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Lunar108
It's called sheep-think, both wings suffer from it not just the left-wing liberals.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Scared. 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Feminists are supporting the rights of muslims in America, etc, because they are currently victims of hate. Feminism is supporting Muslims, not Islam as a religion. Feminism wouldn't support a homophobic religion, but they can accept a religion, and they can tolerate any religious practices as long as they don't tolerate hate and spread discrimination.

Speaking of which, the homophobic and sexist traditions are traditions and they are not as important as core virtues such as "Believe in Allah" or "Love your family", etc. Even Pope Francis tolerates homosexuality despite it being ruled as wrong in the old testament.
Lunar108
Lunar108
-->
@Intelligence_06
many muslims would argue otherwise , also muslims were ordered to kill homosexuals by their prophet mohammad so it's not exactly a tradition but more like a divine order , the story of the people of lut/lot is mentioned in the holy quran and how allah destroyed them for engaging in homosexual acts.
MarkWebberFan
Debates: 2
MarkWebberFan
Islam doesnt bully minorities; it only expects people to conform to its values. You wont be bullied for being gay in saudi arabia so long as you keep your mouth shut. According to islam, both muslims and non-muslims are required to safeguard the sanctity of islam in the public sphere. So, technically, i think a sharia compliant state cant really break down houses just to see if youre secretly gay but it will break you and your home down if you start spouting contrary-to-islam values in the public sphere. 

Dont know about the rest of the post, i dont live in the west. Lgbt groups often socialize with christians in indonesia though. I usually cant tell the difference between atheists and christians in indonesia, theyre just the same given that they group together a lot. They eat, sleep and socialize together. Interestingly enough, these minorities avoid muslims. Im not making a point, just making an observation after reading your thread. 
Lunar108
Lunar108
-->
@MarkWebberFan
only a testimony is needed to put you to death in iran  
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Lunar108
Well, from my understanding, Women support muslims because they are being discriminated against, not because they hate gay people. The key of Islam is about love, not hate, and homophobic elements are traditional dogma even, not the core.
oromagi
oromagi
So, we've established that it is false to say that Feminists defend Islam but not Christianity.  I think the evidence is pretty clear that Western women do not prefer Islam over Christianity but probably invest more energy criticizing the majority faith that impacts their law and society rather than a minority faith with little influence over their daily lives.

Interestingly, a 1997 study of American women found that religiously observant Muslim women were far more likely to identify as Feminists and more likely to argue that Islam is consistent with Feminism.  Since Christian women were less likely to identify as Feminists and more likely to say that civil rights for women was inconsistent with Christianity, seems the question is why do modern Christian American women value their worth in their society and faith less than Muslim American women?  Even a cursory study of early Christianity reveals that women comprised the majority of early Christians and women were far more essential to the development of that faith than any other World religion so why are modern Christian women so disconnected from their long and storied Feminist tradition?
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Lunar108
I know, right? I recall an interview with a Middle Eastern feminist expressing her disappointment with this.

One of the internal contradictions of PC/postmodernism is the open criticism of Westernism while wearing kid gloves regarding other cultures— or simply remaining reticent about them, at least. Also, there is the possibility that putting focus on the Middle East would show how well women have it in the West, which is not in their interests…

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
Actually in Islam, it is a core teaching to be brutal to those who question the religion, stand in its way, opposed it etc etc.

It is 0% a fundamental teaching to love your fellow human.

It is, in fact, the only official religion that is built upon combat and violence as core teachings.

Yassine
Debates: 3
Yassine
-->
@Lunar108
- Feminism is anti-religion in essence. Feminism is not about justice & rights for women, it's a secular atheistic paradigm, a worldview built on anti-tradition & anti-family. It is more like some Muslim women either confuse Islamic teachings which honor women & give them divine rights with Feminist dogmas, or wish to change the religion to adapt  to those dogmas. & they usually end up with nothing.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
confuse Islamic teachings which honor women & give them divine rights with Feminist dogmas
Which ones are these, please enlighten us?

I can give you plenty of the opposite kinds of Islamic teachings regarding women if you want.

Here's one
Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

Shall I show some more?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
 wish to change the religion to adapt  to those dogmas. & they usually end up with nothing.
Wow, according to you it's so evil to want Islam to adapt to being merciful and respectful to women?
You even believe it's so much so that they deserve to end up with nothing for seeking it?

What a peculiar world of moral standards must one live in to believe in that?
Yassine
Yassine
@RationalMadman

Which ones are these, please enlighten us?
- "Women have rights similar to those of men equitably" (2:228). Islam grants women equitable rights to men as inviolable human beings guaranteed the six sacred rights (faith, self, reason, family, property & honor). Women, complementarily to Men, are considered morally (ma'nawi) efficient albeit materially (madi) deficient, thus granted material endowment by Sharia [the contrary for Men]. A woman is assured material security by Sharia, mandated on her father or husband or brother or son (even if she is wealthy), allowed 8/10 shares of inheritance, & granted twice as the man from blood-money... As a subject she does not pay any Zakat (tax) on her jewelry, gold or silver - contrary to the man. She has a right to alimony - while the man doesn't. As a mother she has priority rights over the father -including custody. She is exempt from participating in defense... etc. No such privileges are accorded to women in the West! 

- The beloved Prophet (pbuh) honored women more than any other in history. Upon his death bed he insisted on reminding us be kind to women, "the last of his advice of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) three things he kept repeating until his tongue stammered and his speech faded, he kept saying, [...] for God for your women [...]". He (pbuh) also honored women by honoring those who honor them, saying: "The most perfect man in his faith among the believers is the one whose behavior is most excellent; and the best of you are those who are the best to their wives.". Emphasizing the equity between men & women, he said: “Verily, women are but the equivalent of men. Those honorable among men will honor them, and those ignoble among men will dishonor them”. Even in the small things, the Prophet (pbuh) enjoined Muslim to be kind to their wives, saying: “There is a reward for a man who offers his wife a drink”,  &: “The act of putting a bite into your wife’s mouth is a charitable deed”. Among his advices to believers is to show forebearance  & fairness ”A believer must not hate his wife ; if he dislikes one of her qualities, he will be pleased with another”, & respect their privacy : "[he] forbade that a man should come to his family like (an unexpected) night visitor doubting their fidelity and spying into their lapses."

I can give you plenty of the opposite kinds of Islamic teachings regarding women if you want.
Here's one
- If I had a dime for every time I had to respond to this... Here we go again:

"Men are the caretakers of women [1], as men have been provisioned by Allah over women [2] and tasked with supporting them financially [3]. And righteous women are devoutly obedient and, when alone, protective of what Allah has entrusted them with [4]. And if you sense disloyalty and ill-conduct from your women, advise them ˹first˺ [5], ˹if they persist,˺ do not share their beds [6], ˹but if they still persist,˺ then discipline them ˹gently˺ [7]. But if they change their ways, seek no means against them [8]. Surely Allah is Most High, All-Great. And if you fear dissension between the two [9], send an arbitrator from his people and an arbitrator from her people [10]. If they both desire reconciliation, Allah will cause it between them [11]. Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Aware.." (4:34-35)

- Let's see.. The verse plainly says the following (in this order):
1. Men are the protectors & maintainers of women, by virtue of:
2. Men are made to excel more in that regard (due to physical advantages), & on account of:
3. Men financially supporting women from their wealth, therefore:
4. Women who are pious are those devoutly obedient (to Allah), who guard what Allah has entrusted them with (faithful to their husbands), however:
5. Women who are otherwise -disloyal & disobedient- then advise & remind them [the period prescribed by the jurists is up to 1 month], if they persist:
6. Leave their beds (silent treatment, hoping they may have some time to think & come back), if they persist in their rebellion:
7. Strike them lightly [with a pen or such, & the Prophet (pbuh) said "and the best among you will not hit"], once they relent (at any point):
8. Men have no more right to recourse against them, but if nothing works, then:
9. Striking (lesser harm) is no more sufficient to prevent dissension or divorce (greater harm), therefore:
10. Couples should seek external help, arbitration: one from her side & another from his to intercede between them, so that:
11. Couples may achieve reconciliation.

> Any part of this you find objectionable?

Shall I show some more?
- Have at it...

Wow, according to you it's so evil to want Islam to adapt to being merciful and respectful to women?
You even believe it's so much so that they deserve to end up with nothing for seeking it?
- You have it backwards. Feminism is the objectification, sexualization & capitalization of women. Don't tell me you are a feminist?

What a peculiar world of moral standards must one live in to believe in that?
- I know it's too high up here for you to see from your moral abyss.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
5. Women who are otherwise -disloyal & disobedient- then advise & remind them [the period prescribed by the jurists is up to 1 month], if they persist:
6. Leave their beds (silent treatment, hoping they may have some time to think & come back), if they persist in their rebellion:
7. Strike them once they relent (at any point):
so basically be a narcissistic sociopath of a husband

I deleted you denying what strike means
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
 You have it backwards. Feminism is the objectification, sexualization & capitalization of women. Don't tell me you are a feminist?
Of course I am a feminist. I am an egalitarian, also support Men's Rights Activism.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
As a mother she has priority rights over the father -including custody. She is exempt from participating in defense... etc. No such privileges are accorded to women in the West! 
Don't these 'rights' sound like they're sexist against men too then?
Yassine
Yassine
@RationalMadman
7. Strike them lightly [with a pen or such, & the Prophet (pbuh) said "and the best among you will not hit"], once they relent (at any point):
so basically be a narcissistic sociopath of a husband
- Here your psychopathic tendencies are showing again, how come you always defending the aggressors?! We are talking about how to deal with a bad wife, through communication, then separation & silent treatment, then discipline - In order to salvage the marriage. & In case all fails, seeking outside help... But I'm curious, how do you personally deal with a vile wife? 

Yassine
Yassine
@RationalMadman

Don't these 'rights' sound like they're sexist against men too then?
- Maybe... Though, in the same token, Men are considered materially efficient albeit morally deficient. Hence, granted material responsibility. 

Of course I am a feminist. I am an egalitarian, also support Men's Rights Activism.
- Dang! You're the first feminist I talk to. I thought Feminism was on its way out? You can't expect the exact same rights for Men & Women, for they are, by definition, different. In reality, Feminism does not seek equality, rather it assumes a superior intrinsic nature of Men to Women. Value is always measured from a male perspective, that women must climb to the masculine plain & abandon their femininity to find fulfillment. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Here your psychopathic tendencies are showing again, how come you always defending the aggressors?! We are talking about how to deal with a bad wife, through communication, then separation & silent treatment, then discipline - In order to salvage the marriage. & In case all fails, seeking outside help... But I'm curious, how do you personally deal with a vile wife? 
So, 'bad wife' huh? And what is a good wife to do with a terrible husband in your fine religion?

Let's skip the part where you downplayed what strike meant or the amount of completely crap spousal treatment and emotional neglect involved in the 'silent treatement' stage, oh and refusing to sleep with her and talk to her as punishment? Can the wife do that to the man too if he is a bad husband, in your religion?

How did Muhammad treat women? How did his fine sidekick Khalid treat them?
Yassine
Yassine
@RationalMadman
So, 'bad wife' huh?
- Yes, indeed. Unless you believe women are fairies on unicorns who shit rainbows... I don't know what you feminists believe! Regardless, I do hope you don't meet a selfish manipulative controlling vile wife, that would be a terrible fate.

And what is a good wife to do with a terrible husband in your fine religion?
"And in case a woman fears ill-treatment or veering away in her husband, then there is no fault in both of them if they make a righteous reconciliation between them; and reconciliation is most charitable" (5:128) – Same... reconciliation comes first, if that fails, then separation.

Let's skip the part where you downplayed what strike meant
- No skipping, it is as intended. The Prophet (pbuh) said: "and the best among you will not strike", he also forbade hitting the face & leaving marks. When his companion Ibn Abbas was asked about the manner of striking he said "in a manner which does not leave marks, such as with a siwak" (siwak is a wooden toothbrush). 

or the amount of completely crap spousal treatment and emotional neglect involved in the 'silent treatment' stage, oh and refusing to sleep with her and talk to her as punishment?
- You're doing it again... Why are you siding with the aggressor?!! The one inflicting crap spousal treatment & emotional neglect in this case is the *wife*. A vile woman should not deserve any good treatment, yet the verse is aimed at reconciliation & salvation of marriage, hence the gradual process.

Can the wife do that to the man too if he is a bad husband, in your religion?
- Not the striking part, no. But the rest, yeah.

How did Muhammad treat women?
- Refer back to: The beloved Prophet (pbuh) honored women more than any other in history. Upon his death bed he insisted on reminding us be kind to women, "the last of his advice of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) three things he kept repeating until his tongue stammered and his speech faded, he kept saying, [...] for God for your women [...]". He (pbuh) also honored women by honoring those who honor them, saying: "The most perfect man in his faith among the believers is the one whose behavior is most excellent; and the best of you are those who are the best to their wives.". Emphasizing the equity between men & women, he said: “Verily, women are but the equivalent of men. Those honorable among men will honor them, and those ignoble among men will dishonor them”. Even in the small things, the Prophet (pbuh) enjoined Muslim to be kind to their wives, saying: “There is a reward for a man who offers his wife a drink”,  &: “The act of putting a bite into your wife’s mouth is a charitable deed”. Among his advices to believers is to show forebearance  & fairness ”A believer must not hate his wife ; if he dislikes one of her qualities, he will be pleased with another”, & respect their privacy : "[he] forbade that a man should come to his family like (an unexpected) night visitor doubting their fidelity and spying into their lapses."

– I would add, Prophet Muhammed (pbuh)'s the first person to elevate women's rights, he was to first to:
1. Explicitly state the equitability of Men & Women.
2. Grant property rights to women equally as men, regardless of status or origin. This only attained in the West very recently, by 1939 in France for example.
3. Guarantee inheritance rights to women, not by virtue of nobility or testament, but an entitlement for all.
4. Establish mutual consent in marriage, from both the man & the woman, on the basis of 'offer & acceptance' – hence the adoption by the West later.
5. Grant divorce initiative to the woman, not just the man -as was the case in ancient times, & up till very recently in the West (just decades ago).
6. Prohibit the killing of women in war in any circumstance (along with children, elderly, monks, peasants, slaves...etc). This is still not the case in any Western Law, unfortunately.
7. Enjoined education on women along with men, "seeking knowledge is an obligation on every Muslim -and Muslimah". Just over a century ago,  women were barred from attending university in Europe...
...etc.

How did his fine sidekick Khalid treat them?
- Are you implying something...? Don't be shy.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Yassine
@Lunar108
@Yassine.

How to deal with a "Vile Wife"......Islamospeak.

Treat a woman with equal respect.

And you might find that she is not so vile after all.

And the husband is never bad?

@Lunar108

Feminism is a generalization,

And can represent anyone with an ideology.

But you seem to have noticed things that I have not noticed.

Christian feminists will label as Christian,

And Islamic feminists will label as Islamic

And others will label according to their ideological precepts.

And Yassine is seemingly someone who would separate and silence the female sub-species.

Yassine
Yassine
-->
@zedvictor4

How to deal with a "Vile Wife"......Islamospeak.
- You mean USAspeak*, 1 in 4 men in the US suffer domestic physical abuse. Maybe they should convert & follow Quranic guidelines to deal with the issue. 

Treat a woman with equal respect.
- Keyword here being "equal"! We are talking about abusive women here, as in those who don't treat their husbands with respect among other things. If you believe in respecting women, maybe you should become Muslim & follow our beloved Prophet (pbuh). Upon his death bed he insisted on reminding us be kind to women, "the last of his advice of Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) three things he kept repeating until his tongue stammered and his speech faded, he kept saying, [...] for God for your women [...]". He (pbuh) also honored women by honoring those who honor them, saying: "The most perfect man in his faith among the believers is the one whose behavior is most excellent; and the best of you are those who are the best to their wives.". Emphasizing the equity between men & women, he said: “Verily, women are but the equivalent of men. Those honorable among men will honor them, and those ignoble among men will dishonor them”. Even in the small things, the Prophet (pbuh) enjoined Muslim to be kind to their wives, saying: “There is a reward for a man who offers his wife a drink”,  &: “The act of putting a bite into your wife’s mouth is a charitable deed”. Among his advices to believers is to show forebearance  & fairness ”A believer must not hate his wife ; if he dislikes one of her qualities, he will be pleased with another”, & respect their privacy : "[he] forbade that a man should come to his family like (an unexpected) night visitor doubting their fidelity and spying into their lapses."

And you might find that she is not so vile after all.
- What do you do when she still is? Or are you perhaps among those who believe women are all angels with white wings & musical voices??? 

And the husband is never bad?
- I should ask you that, you seem to be implying the wife is never bad. 

And Yassine is seemingly someone who would separate and silence the female sub-species.
- You are 14 centuries too early to tell me something like that, 1400 years ago Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) was the first person to elevate women's rights, he was to first to:
1. Explicitly state the equitability of Men & Women.
2. Grant property rights to women equally as men, regardless of status or origin. This only attained in the West very recently, by 1939 in France for example.
3. Guarantee inheritance rights to women, not by virtue of nobility or testament, but an entitlement for all.
4. Establish mutual consent in marriage, from both the man & the woman, on the basis of 'offer & acceptance' – hence the adoption by the West later.
5. Grant divorce initiative to the woman, not just the man -as was the case in ancient times, & up till very recently in the West (just decades ago).
6. Prohibit the killing of women in war in any circumstance (along with children, elderly, monks, peasants, slaves...etc). This is still not the case in any Western Law, unfortunately.
7. Enjoined education on women along with men, "seeking knowledge is an obligation on every Muslim -and Muslimah". Just over a century ago,  women were barred from attending university in Europe...