Please do not post your answers to these questions.
I found this interesting because people who score low on this test seem to be more successful socially.
Gur, R. C , & Sackeim, H. A. (1979). Self-deception: A concept in search of a
phenomenon. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 37. 147-169.
Questions: (not at all) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 (very much so)
1. Have you ever felt hatred toward either
of your parents?
2. Do you ever feel guilty?
3. Does every attractive person of the
opposite sex turn you on?
4. Have you ever felt like you wanted to
5. Do you ever get angry?
6. Do you ever have thoughts that you
don’t want other people to know that you
7. Do you ever feel attracted to people of
the same sex?
8. Have you ever made a fool of yourself?
9. Are there things in your life that make
you feel unhappy?
10. Is it important to you that other people
think highly of you?
11. Would you like to know what other
people think of you?
12. Were your parents ever mean to you?
13. Do you have any bad memories?
14. Have you ever thought that your
parents hated you?
15. Do you have sexual fantasies?
16. Have you ever been uncertain as to
whether or not you are homosexual?
17. Have you ever doubted your sexual
18. Have you ever enjoyed your bowel
19. Have you ever wanted to rape or be
raped by someone?
20. Have you ever thought of committing
suicide in order to get back at someone?