why organized religion is evil

Author: Lunar108

Total: 4
Lunar108
Debates: 0
Lunar108
if you ask me ,who the devil opposing god is , I would answer organized religion ,
they make assumptions about god , they talk about the creation of the world , they claim to know the answer to everything , their holy books are tiny and very small .

a doctor would need to study hundreds of books and can barely scratch the tip of the knowledge they need to know about the human body and how to cure it
an  astrophysicist would  spend a lifetime studying the universe and they wouldn't know 1 of 1000000000 about it
and yet their holy books claim to know everything ? with what vague verses that can be interpreted to support anything ? 

imagine a scientist discovering something new and then they decide to write about it like god and write about it vaguely , their research will be thrown away , no one will accept it  , everyone will think that they are fraud , it quite funny how our thoughts change when the target change from a person to a god ?

what better way to worship god then :
1. studying the world since it's literary god's creation
2.striving to be a good person (kindness)
you can have both without joining a religion

as a matter of facts religions are just factions used to make people look down on each other and feel self-righteous for doing something bad 
let me give you an example :
-oh yea we killed those people , it's totally ok since they are ,,,,,,, apostates /blasphemers/heretics/infidels 
-look at those people I can't believe that they are worshiping ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, are they idiots , if they had brains they wouldn't have worshiped ,,,,,,,,,,,
you can fill it with whatever god you don't believe in  ,
it's funny how each religion can see what wrong with the other religions but can't see what's wrong with their own religion
=============================================================================================================================
if their religion can't handle criticism they are not ready to face the world , 
I'd really hate to be shackled by islamophobia or Christianophobia or IDK maybe anti Semitism/anti Hinduism for attacking religion 
===================================================================================================
let me finish this with this last question for you to wonder about ,
I have yet to learn how does doing weird rituals benefits god ?
some copy the benefits of meditation and claim praying to god help since it's a form of meditation but then just meditate no need to involve god

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
If you don't want to worship a god don't, if you don't want to be in a religion don't. If you don't want to engage with theists, don't. It's honestly that simple. Pretty sure that last statements sums up Buddhism except they believe in a soul. You don't have to believe in that either. Organized religion is just a concept it's a thing it wouldn't exist without members what you're trying to say is the members of organized religion are evil. If you're going to come and do a post be honest about it.
FLRW
FLRW
This is a song I wrote back in the 70's.

Religion, huh, yeah
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing, uhh
Religion, huh, yeah
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing
Say it again, y'all
Religion, huh (good God)
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing, listen to me, oh

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Lunar108
if you ask me ,who the devil opposing god is , I would answer organized religion ,

In some ways it could be, depends upon the religion I guess. But that seems more like an oxymoron in general. There are also many societies that extend beyond this world, some good and some not so good. These cultures are extensions of our cultures....There are many Kingdoms and planes of existence and they all fit within God's vast creation. 

they make assumptions about god , they talk about the creation of the world ,

Well, religions are based upon some individual at some point if you trace it back far enough and that individual has probably had some type of observations and experiences about God or God's creation. Then those foundational beliefs were expanded upon and became a cultural phenomenon. You may label their observations assumptions but that doesn't mean they are. Your opinions are as much an assumption that you claim their spiritual observations are.
Besides that, I'm an Omnist in regards to religions around the world and there are a lot of good insights that they offer. Not everyone is out to get ya, not everyone wants to con you into something. Are they all right or all wrong? is one right and the rest wrong? none of those questions are true. They each possess some things that are true and some things that are not. All in all, if you learn from them as a whole you gain a lot of good knowledge. Take what you want from them, discard what you think is bunk. Life can be simple, so can spirituality.
I would say though, that most likely some religions are possibly more advanced than others. Not every Theist has the same level of knowledge and experience.

they claim to know the answer to everything

Do they? can you provide some type of passage from each religious source that makes that claim?

their holy books are tiny and very small .

They only need to offer their culture something to build upon, whether that be a big book or a small book.

what better way to worship god then :
1. studying the world since it's literary god's creation
2.striving to be a good person (kindness)
you can have both without joining a religion

This is all true, perhaps you don't have any idea why religious information exists. Some of the work has been done for you, if there's nothing within them that you resonate with so be it. But the objective of spirituality is not to study God's world or be a kind person, one is an interest the other a moral accomplishment. The objective behind spirituality is to cultivate that aspect of yourself and to have some connection to the Divine you were previously unaware of. Religions can offer many things, perhaps they are things you personally don't care for. Perhaps you never really put any effort into studying them and applying yourself.

as a matter of facts religions are just factions used to make people look down on each other and feel self-righteous for doing something bad

There are many good teachers from a host of various religious sources. Not one have I heard of or followed has made any of those claims or gestures. Are there ignorant, self-centered jerk off religious people that may spread misconceptions and segregation? I'm sure there are, perhaps you should just check out o few Buddhist teachers, a few Hindu sages, a few Christian pastors, a few and a little bit of everything and see what they teach and if you agree with it.
I have a handful of teachers I follow and I'm picky as hell about who I trust or listen to. Only a very select few with the right character and attributes will do for me.
Are there religions that I don't care much for, yes there are. They are the ones that perpetuate violence and discrimination within their actual texts. However, if that be the case, I simply avoid such religious literature.

let me give you an example :
-oh yea we killed those people , it's totally ok since they are ,,,,,,, apostates /blasphemers/heretics/infidels
-look at those people I can't believe that they are worshiping ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, are they idiots , if they had brains they wouldn't have worshiped ,,,,,,,,,,,
you can fill it with whatever god you don't believe in  ,
it's funny how each religion can see what wrong with the other religions but can't see what's wrong with their own religion

Cultures have used religions to perpetuate crimes and many horrible things. Are these the works of ignorant, stupid people? the answer is yes, but they will do the same things with or without religions. And they have.
Another thing I tried to explain to you before, but I doubt you considered it. And that's the reality that a person's religion is also their culture, there's patriotism involved. Meaning they feel pride about their personal culture and religious creeds. 

let me finish this with this last question for you to wonder about ,
I have yet to learn how does doing weird rituals benefits god ?

Can you define weird rituals? or perhaps give examples? I'm going to say they don't benefit God. I would say that rituals or spiritual practices offer people some type of connection to something they feel is valid or helpful in advancing their spiritual journey.

some copy the benefits of meditation and claim praying to god help since it's a form of meditation but then just meditate no need to involve god

Well you miss the point yet again. Meditation is used as a means to transcend your conscious self (soul) outside the domains of the material world to connect to higher realms of experience. That could only be possible if God exists, as there would be no transcendent experiences lol. I hope this post helps you with a different perspective on your issues with religions.
The funny part is, I'm one of the few spiritual people that does not have any real interest in proselytizing any particular religious sources. But I find there are a lot of useful aspects of various religious sources. I have learned a lot of things from studying them.