Reflecting on 2021

Author: Vader

Total: 3
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
First off, I am not the type of person to reflect on the past, but to learn from the past and apply it to the future. If I’m ever feeling sad and just down, I brush it off in a day and go about my merry way. 2021 challenged this notion a lot.

For one, my life drastically changed when I got to university. I had to hit restart on a life I built and recreate it in a new environment. It was certainly challenging, but challenged completed. I had my off days and such, but I was to push through them

I think the moment in 2021 that really made me push back on the world and reflect was the loss of a friend due to suicide nearly a year ago today. I don’t think I’ve ever been as lost or as damaged as I was in that time. I took life slower, reflecting on my life and reflecting on the world around me. When this same scenario happened with a different friend who luckily failed at doing such. It really made me look to the world and ask questions about the way we think, the way we live, and the value of life. The world went from a blur to a tint. I saw things differently and experienced different emotions and such.

This year brought me success as well. Getting into my top university, getting a girlfriend, graduating, forming a close bond with friends, I feel I accomplished a lot that led me to happiness. Not to mention I was also promoted to a deputy mod of this site after 3 years of using the site.

2021 was a year that made me reflect on life and switch up the pace of the world. 2021 was one of the most impactful years of my life to date with happy moments and sad moments.

So cheers to 2022 and a toast to 2021, the most important year of my life 
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
-->
@Vader
Congrats on all your new experiences, Supa. That's so awesome. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Danielle
Thank you Danielle!

Glad to see you are doing well!