A New Choice For DART: TheHammer

Author: TheHammer

Total: 27
TheHammer
Debates: 0
TheHammer
Hello everyone, I am pleased to officially announce my candidacy for President of DART, with my vice presidential pick thett3.

I'm here because I think I can represent the best of both worlds between airmax1227 and RationalMadman. Policy-wise, I agree wholeheartedly with what airmax sets out to do. His laissez-faire style of moderation is what caused DDO to become as great as it was for as long as it was. However, there were many times he dealt with things in underhanded, inappropriate ways, on two separate occasions he completely gaslit the community into denying what should have been plainly obvious reality. On top of this, I do not appreciate how he has been setting his thugs on anyone who even dares to consider voting for RationalMadman, as in the thread where Lunatic lives up to his name in his attack on Pie. This thread shows RM's concern about Max just running to give his old boys' club complete freedom to abuse who they want has some legitimacy.

On the other hand, I disagree with RM's policy quite a bit, but have nothing but respect for him as a man and as a candidate. As a show of good faith, I will be casting my vote for him when the election comes, and may the best man win. I personally don't think stricter moderation is good for a web community, but if it's what the community proves they want by voting him in, it's necessarily what's best. I wish him good luck.

One of my more obvious criticisms is that I, like Max, have not been super active. However, I have been considerably more active than him at the start, and have stayed more in touch with the community through both Facebook and Discord. I think I have more a finger on the pulse and will be able to do what is necessary.

Thank you.
badger
badger
Who are you? Let me vote for thett. 
TheHammer
TheHammer
-->
@badger
7th
badger
badger
Legend haha. What's up buddy. 
TheHammer
TheHammer
Not much just working. Back on my bullshit with this mf election!!!! Learned some more Irish slang since we last talked so I can nsb and cba and shift your face off with the best of them
badger
badger
-->
@TheHammer
Not so bad, can't be arsed. What in the fuck lol. Where'd you learn it?

You were always my favourite of that mean girls clique, Seventh. 
TheHammer
TheHammer
-->
@badger
Gay Irish man told me it means to sloppily make out. And you were always my second favorite DDO user! (behind sadolite)
badger
badger
I jumped on call to work one morning with an Indian lad. Older fellow. He asked me how was that morning and well I was bit hungover too, I answered "not so bad". 

I swear he fell of his chair laughing. "Yep, won't kill myself today, Radha." That's bridging a cultural divide. 
badger
badger
-->
@TheHammer
The shift is making out, yeah. Drunkenly rather than sloppily but same difference, I suppose. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
+1 vote
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@TheHammer
On top of this, I do not appreciate how he has been setting his thugs on anyone who even dares to consider voting for RationalMadman, as in the thread where Lunatic lives up to his name in his attack on Pie.
My dislike of pie is my own. I doubt airmax shares my take on pie, but I've been having issues with pie for a while in the mafia section as well, so this beef isn't unheard of. I wanted to move past it, but pie keeps showing his true colors.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@TheHammer
At the moment you’re ineligible to run for President 
RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
-->
@TheHammer
If you're legitimately serious please chat with me in private. I will consider dropping out for you 100% seriously.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
Can we talk in private and you convince hammer to let you run? I will drop in a heartbeat.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@TheHammer
I hate to burst your bubble but you can't run for president until you achieved a gold medal
TheHammer
TheHammer
-->
@Vader
I can achieve one easily. It'll be here before the election.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@TheHammer
You do you. I highly encourage you to do as such
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
After some research I am not certain his campaign is even real/sincere and I think he's just here for lols.

Therefore full steam ahead with my campaign, not dropping out.

TheHammer
TheHammer
Your boy's gilded and ready to run
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
TheHammer is an exemplary fellow - he has my full-throated endorsement.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheHammer
DDO was never great.
Airmaxfan2000
Airmaxfan2000
A calm hand at the tiller is just what we need during this harrowing time. Honestly I used to be a huge Airmax fan but after hearing about all his disgusting and frankly Jewish lapses in moderating judgement I'm glad a patriotic young man like 7th has stepped up and offered to lead us all to a brighter future.
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@Airmaxfan2000
I'm glad a patriotic young man like 7th has stepped up and offered to lead us all to a brighter future

我爱辩论艺术天安门,太阳升起辩论艺术天安门,伟大的第七主席带领我们前进

Wǒ ài biànlùn yìshù tiān'ānmén, tàiyáng shēng qǐ biànlùn yìshù tiān'ānmén, wěidà de dì qī zhǔxí dàilǐng wǒmen qiánjìn
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@TheHammer
How and why would we trust a user who has posted nothing for years to lead this site? You understand what happened to DDO, right?
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@thett3
我爱辩论艺术天安门,太阳升起辩论艺术天安门,伟大的第七主席带领我们前进
"I love debate art Tiananmen, the sun rises on debate art Tiananmen, the great seventh chairman leads us forwards"

WHAT?

TheHammer
TheHammer
-->
@Intelligence_06
I understand what happened to DDO, yes. I don't know how comparing this situation to a massive, potentially coordinated spam attack makes any sense.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
Hmmmmmm