Author: airmax1227

Total: 99
airmax1227
Debates: 0
airmax1227
-->
@RationalMadman
We need to know...
This has been addressed in post #1 and #58.

So I have a few other ideas that I'm trying to polish, but in the meantime I am wondering if anyone has thoughts on what should be prioritized that I have already described, or in general. Is there something I have posted that you are especially interested in? Disinterested in? Any thoughts or criticisms about any of my ideas?

I'd also like us to consider community events, and how we can implement those, and what they would entail.

I very much enjoy the live mafia games we do on Friday nights, and I hope we can get larger crowds for that as we make it a regular thing, but I'm wondering if there is an interest in other hangout type events.

I'd like to see us engage in competitive and cooperative video game nights, movie nights, and other things with some level of formality, as well as informal events where members can just hang out at some regular intervals. Let me know your thoughts on this, and if you have specific ideas for community gathering type things we can arrange.

I think it might be fun just to watch someone stream some new video game, or watch a sporting event together, but that might just be me, so let me know if you have any thoughts about this at all.

Thanks.
Yabbie
Debates: 1
Yabbie
-->
@airmax1227
How can we be sure this is the real airmax though? 
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@airmax1227
I'd also like us to consider community events, and how we can implement those, and what they would entail.
This is a fantastic idea. I remember all the events DDO used to have, like talent shows, rap battle competitions, singing competitions, etc. Would be cool to see more of that type of stuff. Of course if you need assistance with any of that I am sure you know I will help.

I very much enjoy the live mafia games we do on Friday nights, and I hope we can get larger crowds for that as we make it a regular thing, but I'm wondering if there is an interest in other hangout type events.
I know there was also interest from the old D&D squad for hangout nights as well.

I'd like to see us engage in competitive and cooperative video game nights, movie nights, and other things with some level of formality, as well as informal events where members can just hang out at some regular intervals. Let me know your thoughts on this, and if you have specific ideas for community gathering type things we can arrange.
I'll get good so I can kick your arse in beatsaber lol.

I think it might be fun just to watch someone stream some new video game, or watch a sporting event together, but that might just be me, so let me know if you have any thoughts about this at all.

If you or anyone else has an active interest in UFC I usually stream every UFC event. I would be down to do this for the DART crowd as well. 

RationalMadman
Debates: 569
RationalMadman
-->
@airmax1227

That's stuff we all can get elsewhere but I got nothing against extroverted people into those things having a bonding experience.

None of that has anything to do with debating but you are wiser than I am when it comes to appealing to people so if that's how to make the website appeal to people what am I meant to say or think?

I do think you forgot one significant thing though... In the end, you will end up agreeing with me and my platform. Nobody ruins the site's image like either a very severely toxic user who continually harasses others or a user who posts hate speech regularly.

Those were 2 pillars of my platform that my haters called overzealous moderation. I'm also not going to force you to take a stance on it because you've hinted you kind of agree already and your opponent is also vague on their stance on such things.

I am busy now for the next day and a half overall and won't be replying much.
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Yabbie
How can we be sure this is the real airmax though? 
Any particular way you'd like me to prove it?

I suppose I could make a "Mod post" on DDO saying something like "Hi Dart" and that should be sufficient, but I haven't really encountered much skepticism of my identity to this point.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
Some of the more vociferous critics of Airmax are starting to smack of antisemitism, and frankly I'm finding that a bit disconcerting. I'd like to reinforce, just for the record, that I would be honored to be moderated by one of God's chosen people, and I'm sure he would do a swell job. It'd be nice if certain users would stop invoking crude antisemitic dogwhistles and just give Airmax their full support. Jews can be more than 'community organizers'; I don't think its inherently nefarious for Airmax to pursue moderation powers. He is clearly capable of moderating without putting some shadowy elite in charge, Airmax is a committed meritocrat. Let's dispense with these ugly generalizations and judge candidates on their merits, please.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
Some of the more vociferous critics of Airmax are starting to smack of antisemitism, and frankly I'm finding that a bit disconcerting. I'd like to reinforce, just for the record, that I would be honored to be moderated by one of God's chosen people, and I'm sure he would do a swell job. It'd be nice if certain users would stop invoking crude antisemitic dogwhistles and just give Airmax their full support. Jews can be more than 'community organizers'; I don't think its inherently nefarious for Airmax to pursue moderation powers. He is clearly capable of moderating without putting some shadowy elite in charge, Airmax is a committed meritocrat. Let's dispense with these ugly generalizations and judge candidates on their merits, please.
The people making the "Jew" Comments are his friends. These types of comments are made to tease him in discord frequently
airmax1227
airmax1227
Live Mafia Hangout on Discord. Join Now!
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@airmax1227
Do you support this branding of Airmax?

airmax1227
airmax1227
So the election is tomorrow. I urge everyone to familiarize themselves with my positions and ideas, and if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask me anything.

Thank you.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@airmax1227
So the election is tomorrow. I urge everyone to familiarize themselves with my positions and ideas, and if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask me anything.

Thank you.

Like 2 people voting for brutal know anything about you or your platform. 

Great campaigning skills, you have there. You went from 90% to win, to about 60%. 

No offense of course. I'm still voting for you, because I am aware your campaigning skills are irrelevant to how well you will do the job.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@airmax1227
Feel free to ask you anything? You mean feel free to get ignored when we ask.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@airmax1227
To summarise your platform 'moderation? I got a good idea how to do it but won't let it slip. I will get DART popular... Super popular on Twitch and YT BUT ONLY IF I WIN OTHERWISE YOU CAN GO TO HELL'
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
airmax is using tactics of many last-minute-made accounts going to blitz the votes.

If interested in just how many accounts, I have kept relative track but only if they've made a single post or something otherwise I can't. DM me if you are interested, please feel free to invite others to vote. Airmax clearly has no boundaries,

I can show you name by name accounts that have signed up past few days made 1 debate or 1 post and will just vote Airmax.
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Wylted
Like 2 people voting for brutal know anything about you or your platform. 
I'm limited to posting a single thread in the main forum, and then hoping that is enough. My understanding is that I can't message people to campaign, so I'm relying on people becoming informed on their own, and that my ideas will stand on their own.

Great campaigning skills, you have there. You went from 90% to win, to about 60%. 
I'm trying to follow the rules and etiquette here, and I also don't want to get bogged down in too much political side stuff anyway, so having a non-existent ground game - something that seems against the rules anyway - is probably for the best. Brutal does have the advantage of being an active member, and therefore an active base of supporters, and perhaps he should win for that reason. I'm merely presenting my resume to the community to have their permission to do a very specific job for the site, if the majority wants me to do that, then great, if not, then that is understandable too.

No offense of course. I'm still voting for you, because I am aware your campaigning skills are irrelevant to how well you will do the job.
My politicking days of DDO are done. I'm here to offer my services, and if the community likes my ideas then they can express that by voting for me. Honestly, I don't really want anyone to vote for me for any other reason. I have the experience and a specific plan, if that doesn't interest them, then that's their decision. No offense taken by your comment, though I do feel bad for anyone I let down by not winning. But that's what I bring to the table, a specific plan and the ability to achieve it - everything else is just side stuff I'm not interested in - and perhaps that approach isn't what the community will support, and I understand that.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@airmax1227
You can post 1 every 3 days, even as a candidate but only one can be your official campaign thread.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@airmax1227
I'm trying to follow the rules and etiquette here, and I also don't want to get bogged down in too much political side stuff anyway, so having a non-existent ground game - something that seems against the rules anyway - is probably for the best.
We both know Mikal and Lunatic have done your ground game dirty work for you, I can name (at least) 5 accounts that were created in the last 2 weeks that solely exist to vote for you, pretty much. I'll wait until they actually do it to name them.
Castin
Castin
-->
@airmax1227
Are you serious about Twitter outreach for DART? More users for the site is my #1 concern.
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Castin
Are you serious about Twitter outreach for DART? More users for the site is my #1 concern.
Yes. While the entirety of my road map is a bit more complex, I included that in the basic description of it because I believe that Twitter is an important outlet to gain more users in a strategic and controlled way. Ultimately, my only goal is increased activity, which means that we need more members and while I have several plans to that end, Twitter is a big one that should allow us to reach out in productive and even fun ways. It is a major piece of the DART fixing puzzle and I'm excited for the manner in which it will be used, and how it should positively impact the activity of the site.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
Do not let him bluff you, insist on proof he even has the pull.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@airmax1227
. No offense taken by your comment, though I do feel bad for anyone I let down by not winning
I was mostly just amusing myself by giving you a hard time, but yes I'll be a little upset because I dropped out, because a candidate better than me entered the race. If one worse than me ends up winning, I'll be annoyed. 

Ultimately it's not a big deal though, it's just a hobby that I can probably find a different outlet for. 
Wylted
Wylted
The only issue with Twitter is that it is passionate people with below average IQs. It might be okay because of being a niche interest though
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Wylted
If one worse than me ends up winning, I'll be annoyed. 
that's understandable, and I'll be upset that I let any of my supporters down.

Ultimately it's not a big deal though, it's just a hobby that I can probably find a different outlet for. 
I'm glad we can keep this in perspective. I'd very much enjoy doing what I can to help this site, and if the community would like me to, I will do it enthusiastically. But if it doesn't, that's understandable, and I'm just as willing to take my business across the street.
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Wylted
The only issue with Twitter is that it is passionate people with below average IQs. It might be okay because of being a niche interest though
As I alluded to in the OP, I don't want us to just spam twitter to get some hits, I want us to get specific quality hits of people that actually like to debate. I don't want us to just bring over a bunch of ideological Twitter politics ranters. Of course there inevitably will be some of those types (and it will actually be interesting to see the activity that manifests from that), but I think we can retain the quality debate-minded people and build on that, while those others will have a very low retention rate anyway.
sui_generis
sui_generis
how the fuck do I vote

I've got supadudz in my inbox publishing site notices telling me that voting has started and uhhhhhhhh???????????????????????? how
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@sui_generis
I believe that a voting thread will be posted at some point today
Mikal
Mikal
-->
@airmax1227
are you #freethenipple