I am not sure about taking the law into one's own hands , but...

Author: Stephen

Total: 12
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
REVENGE RULING Dad who ‘made paedo pal who raped daughter, 6, dig his own grave’ WON’T face murder charge after ‘knifing him to death’

In harrowing footage, the sickened dad's daughter, now eight, was heard pleading:  “Oleg, that's enough, I can't take it anymore. I want to go home”.
The 34-year-old was suspected of stabbing Sviridov, 32, to death in a Russian forest after making him dig his own grave.
He originally faced a murder investigation - but has now been told this has been dropped, sources close to the case say.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
Please note that this was Russia.

SO DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
On a totally separate note, I've always wondered why people agree to dig their own grave. What is it they're afraid of if they refuse? As in, it's all-in at that point, you're dying anyway. 

I think the hope they have is that somebody shows up and saves them, if they drag out the time, all they really did was make their murderer have to spend less effort to cover them up.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Stephen
There has been several cases of this in America also. Jurors just tend to not sympathize with that sort of victim, and find excuses to let the murderer walk. There was this guy who shot a pedo in Louisiana I think, in an airport and it was on video, with hundreds of witnesses at the scene. I think his name was Jody plaucet or something. He got probation lol. 

Another time I recall that harm came to kids is some drunk driver hit kids that were pedestrians and killed then. When he was knocked unconscious from the crash, the father walked home, got his gun and blew the driver's head off, and his defense was that his gun was stolen from his house and coincidentally used to murder somebody that killed his kids. He got off Scott free.

Another case I saw, was some woman I n a courthouse, pulled out gun away from an officer and killed the murderer of her kid. She got off on the insanity plea, because she said an angel told her to do it.

I always keep these facts in mind if anyone ever harms my son.  Not all juries act this way, but there is a good chance, if I give them just a thin line to find me innocent, they will. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
You just tell them to dig a hole, and hope they don't figure it out, because then you have to do the work. He'll, before they even do that though, I'm having them do some errands around my house at gun point and then digging their grave and I wouldn't make the death quick either. Maybe I will tell them that they won't die as long as they keep digging, just to see how long they can hold a shovel, and it provides them some hope as well. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
As somebody I'd diagnose as a sociopath, it doesn't surprise me you'd do that.
ResurgetExFavilla
Debates: 0
ResurgetExFavilla
These stories always make my day. Here's to many more graves dug!
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
As somebody I'd diagnose as a sociopath, it doesn't surprise me you'd do that.
It doesn't surprise me that you don't know what a sociopath is. A sociopath though and outdated psychological term not in the DSM5, is somebody with an inability to feel empathy.

The empathy I have for my child, is the reason I would torture somebody who harmed him. If I lacked empathy, I could just move on with my life and do what is best for me, not some action that harms myself in the name of justice. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
That wasn't quite what you described in what I just replied to.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
Look at motives. Why would a sociopath do that? Maybe a psychopath, but not a sociopath. Sociopaths are purely selfish,and doing something like that has no sjort term or long term advantages. 

Not something a psychopath is likely to do either, because there is a clear motive since the perpetrator abused an innocent child. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
You've got them backwards.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Stephen
I've no comment at this time about the morality of his action,
Just that I don't think I'd be willing to vote to convict him.