Has COVID effected the adolescent mentality?

Author: Vader

Total: 7
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
This is a question that I would love to discuss more about because I have seen keen observation with regards to how COVID has effected the COVID teens, teens which grew up in the COVID era where isolation ran ramped.

This year was the first year that schools fully reopened to the public. And as a result, we tend to see negative behavior. Personally, I saw from my senior friends that people were getting into fights everyday, people were doing lines of crack in the bathroom, and other things that I would NEVER see in my school before COVID hit. At first, I thought it was because of other controversies going on within the school, but as I talked to more people, the more I noticed a frequent pattern

First off, my aunts work for the CPS and have been exposed to the madness that is that union, and they have never seen such behaviors such as this. From an active shooter on campus, multiple classroom disruptions, and a snarky and rude attitude. This is a repeating pattern when I talk to teachers who teach these grades.

Finally, the saddest of all, is the school shooting threats. There have been massive school shooting threats around the country like we've never seen. My old high school had 4 in a week, something unheard of. 

With isolation and lockdown, you are bound to get in arguments with the people you live with. You will disagree with them, you agree with them, and the constant yelling occurs to the point of divorce. As a child, when you hear that, you want to drown it all away and take your anger out on something. The examples above are a prime way of how to destress, but another way is sadly...Alcohol

I'm not gonna sit here and lie, I started drinking during COVID too. I watched the TV shows I watched, tried to make as much conversations as I could, what else could I possibly do? When your parents argue and you run out of ideas, the idea of alcohol consumption is not as bad as once made it out to be. Now many people drink alcohol at parties, even Freshman, something I never in my wildest dreams would have thought to happen. People get bored, they try to new things, they like the things, and they continue

What does this long rant mean? Nothing. It's just an observation
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vader
A Zedku for SupaDudz.

Think isolated,

Be isolated.

But technology had already isolated teens.

And media bullshit tried to turn us all into victims.

And the gullible love media bullshit.

Hey kids, this is the era of the great viral angst,

You shall be the mentally disturbed generation.

Yeah......We are the mentally disturbed generation,

Oh great GOD of the device.

Silly to blame Covid.

Short sighted observation perhaps.

But if that's what the device told you to think.

Who am I to argue?

Covid made no difference to my life whatsoever.

Just the same old same old,

Day to day routines.

I am not conditioned to bow,

To the Lord of the screen.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
People just didn't realize that lock downs would have negative effects. I think it's the issue with liberal policies in general. They never consider the negative effects of their policies. They should only pass policies if they can prove that they can measure what negatives will occur, prior to passing it, and make damn sure the negatives don't outweigh the positives. When Obama said he has to pass the healthcare bill, to know what's in it, it was the most evil statement I have ever heard from a politician. If the policy proposal can not be recited from memory, than you Don't know enough about it, to even be voting on it

265 days later

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Vader
I 'really 'really didn't pay attention to people at school, and just read books throughout school,
Not 'every grade I think, but a lot in earlier grades, starting 4rth grade maybe?
And then even moreso during High School I think, (It's been a while)
I'm not really sure 'what other kids did or thought.

My dad was a teacher so he worked except for the summer, and my mother worked during the summer, so there was a bit of a handoff between them.
My parents verbally fought a fair bit when I was a kid, was uncomfortable, eventually they got divorced, when I was in High School some point.

I suppose some people say idle hands are the devils playthings,
People looking for entertainment, can get into a bit of trouble,
Or their minds think of schemes at times.

I never drank or did drugs, went to parties, but I'm pretty sure my 2nd brother did,
I'd imagine many of the other kids in school did.

But I imagine if older kids are under stress, from experiencing or fearing of school shootings, Covid, could have an effect on them,
Maybe get's them a bit doomy?

As for young kids, probably like herding cats, keeping them wearing masks, away from each other, maybe increased sense of fear, lack of socialization.

Just guesses from me though, wouldn't surprise me if there's articles or counselors online talking about such.

Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
I think the teens in this generation must think our generation has gone nuts and are quite possibly disenfranchised.
Our health officials argued during the  entire Covid pandemic wether masks were effective.
We also had president Trump suggest we inject disinfectant, bleach, sunlight, hydroxychloroquine who eventually got Covid along with his wife and son. Only to be replaced by Biden who is 79 and coughs with or without a mask on.

Stats on Covid..
627,903,264 Cases worldwide.
6,564,422 deaths worldwide.

7 days later

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Shila
Covid is as covid does and like influenza was/is potentially dangerous.

A hastily put together global vaccination programme has manged to significantly curtail the serious effects of the virus.

Of course, teens can show off from their position of comparatively lower risk and diminished responsibility. As they have always done.

But just be thankful that some people went to university and paid attention in virology classes.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
They just had to hire more speech therapists at my son's elementary school because so many kids have speech delays due to Covid 19 measures