Matt Walsh on Dr Phil.

Author: Bones

Total: 47
Bones
Debates: 30
Bones
Matt Walsh was recently on the Dr Phil Show. Here is his own breakdown. From a purely neutral position, I don't think the gender activists did a very good job - they constantly had mental blocks and couldn't answer some pretty reasonable questions from Matt. To be fair, Dr Phil could have called on some more capable gender activists, especially if they were going to be "debating" someone as prominent and quick minded as Matt. 

What do we think of this exchange? How would you have responded to Matt's questions? 
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Bones
I just can't take video seriously, one second in, one introduction and image, and my perspective is set, but maybe that's my problem.
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@Bones
The fact that they can't define what a woman is is quite damning, but not a surprise. This goes back to what I've noted in other posts, that the fundamental impulse that drives leftist politics is the desire to free mankind from all social constraints and obligations not chosen. Problem is if you take it to it's logical conclusion nothing can have meaning. There cannot be a definition for something even as fundamental as "woman" because we all get to define that for ourselves. You can see that in this video, where the activists say "well being a woman is something someone can define for themselves". In other words it has no meaning. Compare this to Walsh who can define a woman easily, because his ideology is ultimately grounded in the physical world and not the head. Honestly conservatives should be really embarrassed that they are losing on this issue (and they are) 

The trans stuff is tough because I always want to be nice and not hurt peoples feelings. And my impulse is always to let people do what they want. But sometimes the truth is harsh. The truth is, if you are a male trying to transition into a woman, you will never pass. You will never get a man of any merit to love or marry you. Your penis will never become a vagina, the "transition surgery" instead makes it become a festering wound that your body desperately wants to heal. If you're a female who wants to transition to a male I assure you that you haven't thought it through. Whatever you're going through right now will not be made better by becoming a tiny man with elf hands, a high pitched voice, and no dick.

When this stuff was confined to a few eccentric but ultimately harmless male to female "drag queen" types, I don't really have a problem with it. But this ideology is being pushed onto kids, and it's having an impact. The percentage of teenagers who identify as trans has reached upwards of 3% depending on the study. How many of them go through hormonal treatment or surgery I don't know, but even one is too much. People are always better dealing with reality as it is rather than what they wished it to be.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
I totally disagree with the part where you said none can pass or that they haven't really thought it through but I agree with you that trans used to mean drag queens and tomboys, it's come to mean something else entirely.

In other words, what 'trans' used to refer to are the people who now go by they/them and are just masculine women or feminine men and they genuinely fight against socially constructed gender roles. On the flip side, we have people completely enslaving themselves to gender roles so extremely that they down hormones and undergo surgery to mimic the biological sex characteristics in order to feel complete in their preferred gender role. That's not escaping the prison of gender roles, it's surrendering to it in its entirety and emotionally pressuring those around you to not use logic against you if they are liberal and still are skeptical that your decision is necessarily what you think it is.

I support the freedom for adults but I agree with you that as teens are still going through puberty, there's physiological issues with manipulating their hormones in a way that can stifle it and affect their body for life.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@Bones
Matt Walsh was recently on the Dr Phil Show. Here is his own breakdown. From a purely neutral position, I don't think the gender activists did a very good job - they constantly had mental blocks and couldn't answer some pretty reasonable questions from Matt. To be fair, Dr Phil could have called on some more capable gender activists, especially if they were going to be "debating" someone as prominent and quick minded as Matt. 

What do we think of this exchange? How would you have responded to Matt's questions? 
Conservative quick minded wit when it comes to identity politics is essentially oversimplified questions where one has to backtrack to their axioms. Which would be fine if they weren’t set up as gotchas. 

I would say woman is a gendered word. It relies on gendered characteristics, not biological ones such as a uterus. 
ResurgetExFavilla
Debates: 0
ResurgetExFavilla
It was very courageous of him. If any of us went back to one of the later Chinese dynasties and tried to argue against the process of footbinding, we'd have reality on our side. What we would find, however, is the just about every facet of their society -- from the doctors to the political powers to the economic powers which profitted from the practice or produced the golden lotus shoes and the aesthetic taste setters -- would be dead set opposed to us in lock-step. Our position would be the minority position, the ridiculed one, the 'unscientific' one, because this was a widely accepted social custom no matter how horrific and nonsensical, and so every major culture-making institution would be marshalled in its defense. I think that we're in a similar place as far as trans issues go. The whole ideology first gained acceptance in academia not through some groundbreaking study that won a Nobel Prize and changed how we looked at the issue, but by a literal 'lunatics running the asylum' situation, wherein a trans advocacy group used case study subjects to pressure Northwestern politically to muzzle the actual experts on the subject, and the university caved. It then metastasized throughout our whole system. The 'consultants' that Walsh argued against are basically running a modern day protection racket similar to that run by the Robin DiAngelo types. You go to a company, quietly threaten that without your 'training' program they will be smeared and maligned as racist/transphobic/bigoted, and then the company shells out ludicrous amounts of money in order to subject their employees to pointless, retarded trainings so that the company doesn't have an online mob sent after them (or so an already existing online mob is called off). This results in people being browbeaten or at times outright cult brainwashed into an insane ideology. At the same time, there's a huge cottage industry of incredibly unscrupulous plastic surgery, hormones, and 'puberty blockers' being built up - and it's very lucrative. A single trans person can easily spend a million over the course of their lives mangling themselves into a simulacrum of a man or woman, and in many countries schemes have been set up to fund this insanity through tax dollars -- it's basically an instance of a cottage industry raiding the public treasury. Then you have its proliferation through Hollywood and other entertainment avenues. To go up against this is necessary, but it's very much a David vs. Goliath issue. The actual trans people may be mentally ill and pitiable, but the predatory industries that profit from their misery, the big entertainment organizations that glorify it, the universities who produce apologia for it, and the extortionate consulting groups that spread the ideology are all immensely powerful and very invested in continuing the insanity.

Just imagine if we decided that the cure for anorexia/bulimia was to get them lipo until they looked like how they felt on the inside. I half think that the pro-ana stuff way back was a similar attempt at turning a mental illness into a cash cow, and it didn't take off so they all switched gears to the trans issues.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

No one knows exactly what causes gender dysphoria. Some experts believe that hormones in the womb, genes, and cultural and environmental factors may be involved. I think that in the future, scientists will find that it is due to damaged pathways in the brain (brain lesions).
One of my best friends who was an athlete and a weight lifter was gay. He ended up committing suicide.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Reece101
I would say woman is a gendered word. It relies on gendered characteristics, not biological ones such as a uterus. 
That’s not a definition 
Bones
Bones
-->
@Reece101
I would say woman is a gendered word. It relies on gendered characteristics, not biological ones such as a uterus. 
At what stage do you think it is appropriate for someone to change their gender. If gender is in the mind, can I change it now? What if I'm not on the spectrum? What if I feel like a turtle? 
Bones
Bones
-->
@Theweakeredge
Perhaps you would like to weigh in ? 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Bones
At what stage do you think it is appropriate for someone to change their gender. If gender is in the mind, can I change it now? What if I'm not on the spectrum? What if I feel like a turtle? 
Alright I’ll play along. 

Hmm good point. What if someone dressed up in a turtle costume? Would they be a turtle? We would call them a turtle in any other context wouldn’t we? 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@ILikePie5
That’s not a definition
Would you like me to copy and paste a definition? 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Reece101
Would you like me to copy and paste a definition? 
Sure. But you really should watch the video so you know what you’re arguing for 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@ILikePie5
With some inductive reasoning you could have easily concluded the definition. 
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Reece101
With some inductive reasoning you could have easily concluded the definition. 
I don’t want to assume your position.
Bones
Bones
-->
@Reece101
What if someone dressed up in a turtle costume? Would they be a turtle? We would call them a turtle in any other context wouldn’t we? 
Ok what if I identify as an apricot and relate with the pronouns daddy and sir, are you going to respect my gender and call me those things from now on? 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Bones
Ok what if I identify as an apricot and relate with the pronouns daddy and sir, are you going to respect my gender and call me those things from now on? 
I would say no to calling you daddy (this says more about you than transgenderism) but I would call you sir. If your name was Sir Apricot, I would call you sir without fail. And as for identifying as an apricot, sure, if you have an apricot costume. It would be hard pulling off otherwise. 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Bones
Bring it on! What are you going to resort to next?
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Reece101
Some people eat turtles,
We don't eat humans dressed up as turtles.
Bones
Bones
-->
@Reece101
I would say no to calling you daddy (this says more about you than transgenderism) but I would call you sir.
Well I guess that's where we principally differ. I wouldn't call my peers sir just because they wanted to. 

And as for identifying as an apricot, sure, if you have an apricot costume.
But gender is a social construct manifested by the mind, why do I need a physical costume? 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@thett3
This goes back to what I've noted in other posts, that the fundamental impulse that drives leftist politics is the desire to free mankind from all social constraints and obligations not chosen. 
Bingo, you get it. The entire ideology is based on liberating(where liberalism is derived from) the individual. It strives for everyone to be mindless selfless Neanderthals with no purpose in life other than their basic animalistic desires. Which is why it continuously attacks the fundamentals of religion, sex differences, etc.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Lemming
Some people eat turtles,
We don't eat humans dressed up as turtles.
A turtle is a turtle regardless. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Bingo, you get it. The entire ideology is based on liberating(where liberalism is derived from) the individual. It strives for everyone to be mindless selfless Neanderthals with no purpose in life other than their basic animalistic desires. Which is why it continuously attacks the fundamentals of religion, sex differences, etc.
Replace 'selfless' with 'selfish and impulsive' and you've described the right-wing Libertarian agenda very well indeed.
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Reece101
A turtle 'is a turtle,
And a human dressed up as a turtle is 'not a turtle.

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Bones
Well I guess that's where we principally differ. I wouldn't call my peers sir just because they wanted to. 
There’s the social cohesion aspect which I agree with when being told to use certain gendered pronouns.
You think women, turtles, apricots are all equal peers of yours? It doesn’t come off that way. 

But gender is a social construct manifested by the mind, why do I need a physical costume? 
Gender and transgenderism are not the same thing. Transgenderism is the expression of gender which doesn’t aline with what’s normally expected from biological sex. 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Lemming
A turtle 'is a turtle,
And a human dressed up as a turtle is 'not a turtle.

Yet we would still call them a turtle in any other context. 

Are you actually going to give me your own arguments or are you just going to link me videos. 
Lemming
Lemming
-->
@Reece101
Video was more as joke,

I've said what I've said, if we disagree, I don't know what more to say,
Or what more to consider from your viewpoint.
An impasse,
Least on my end.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
Replace 'selfless' with 'selfish and impulsive' and you've described the right-wing Libertarian agenda very well indeed.
Of course, libertarians are liberal. Which is why, I am not a libertarian
Bones
Bones
-->
@Reece101
There’s the social cohesion aspect which I agree with when being told to use certain gendered pronouns.
Great!

You think women, turtles, apricots are all equal peers of yours? It doesn’t come off that way. 
They are not equal peers, they are beings/things which have objective qualities - they are things which cannot be confused. 

Gender and transgenderism are not the same thing. Transgenderism is the expression of gender which doesn’t aline with what’s normally expected from biological sex. 
But gender is merely a thing of the mind right? Here is my problem. If a person claims that their gender (a societal construct which advocates are keen to distinct from sex which is said to be physical) is wrong, why do they do to change their bodies? If they change their bodies, that means they change their biology which is sex, not gender. 

Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Bones
They are not equal peers, they are beings/things which have objective qualities - they are things which cannot be confused. 
You seem pretty confused though. Moving from women, to turtles, to apricots.

But gender is merely a thing of the mind right? Here is my problem. If a person claims that their gender (a societal construct which advocates are keen to distinct from sex which is said to be physical) is wrong, why do they do to change their bodies? If they change their bodies, that means they change their biology which is sex, not gender. 
1. That would be them expressing themselves.

2. Biological sex is more than genitalia.