CDC Says Prior COVID Infection Provides More Protection Than The Vaccine

Author: Bones

Total: 7
Bones
Debates: 30
Bones
Was watching some Anthony Logan and found that apparently "CDC Says Prior COVID Infection Provides More Protection Than The Vaccine". I've been hit with so many conflicting narratives that I don't even know what to believe at this point. 

I recommend inspecting both. 

Another disclaimer, I don't have a view on this as of current. This is just something I wanted to share.

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
So, do you want to risk lung scarring and months of fatigue (potentially years, 'long covid' isn't fully understood nor which types of people are more prone to getting it)?

If not, get vaccinated. While you still can get Covid, you are extremely likely to not die from it and alternatively if you'd have been the type that wouldn't die but would get severe symptoms, your symptoms are likely to be lighter.

The vaccines work in the sense of increasing your body's response time to Covid very much. They don't work in the sense of stopping you getting the symptoms altogether (but for a minority they do this).
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Bones
I just realised that you're 16, to be honest anybody below 20ish seems fairly immune to Covid symptomatically anyway. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
I think the CDC has consistently advised that any COVID Infection provides additional immunity beyond the vaccine and consistently advised against infection as a method of deliberately improving immunity.  If you are relying on Youtubers to provide you medical information then I am not surprised you are getting many conflicting narratives. YouTube is not a reliable source of information.    I would stick to the CDC and your state board of health for reliable, consistent COVID information.

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

I know in PA, 97% Of COVID Deaths, 95% Of Hospitalizations And 94% Of Cases Are Among Unvaccinated Pennsylvanians.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
Save for those long term unfortunates who contracted the virus pre-vaccination,

The majority of all covid sufferers currently in British ICU's, are the unvaccinated.

DeprecatoryLogistician
Debates: 7
DeprecatoryLogistician
Yeah its more effective in odd months, but in the even months it changes back to being less effective. That is why you need your booster every two months. Get the vaccine in January, get inffected in Febuary for immunity, then get the vaccine again in March, and then get infected with a new variant in April and so on, or at least thats what I imagine the logic at the CDC is.