I feel like this election is taking on too much attention, just an opinion.

Author: Intelligence_06

Total: 13
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
To be fair, I am happy that I can debate people here, critique people from different angles and get smarter every debate at the same time winning and gaining virtual points. I don't care who wins, as long as they don't ban me for just normally debating.

Why do many people care substantially about who wins an election on a small website? I am not criticizing people who care, I am just curious. Your experiences won't change by very much, honestly, and cyberbullying is borderline neglectable on this site(I have yet to hear someone leaving this site because they had been bullied intentionally, and no, willingly-accepting debates then leave with a loss does not count).

I mean, even without a president, the site is fine. At least the voting system is not broken and the mods are welcome to ban any ad bots. Why do we care so much about who gets to be the president on this site?
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
If this site actually has examples where cyberbullying is actually a problem at one point, then I am happy to know. Also, if I am wrong about how this site runs, feel free to correct me.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
I think you can voice a strong opinion on here and maybe help me learn something.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
It was just a parody.

So really makes no difference to me who's president.

As long as they don't become a megalomaniacal parody.

I won't be storming the Capitol, that's for sure.

I'll stay at home and watch the TV.

RationalMadman
Debates: 566
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
I think you can voice a strong opinion on here and maybe help me learn something.
I'll keep my mouth shut, let Airmax succeed or fail and then talk later on this whole matter.

You're wrong but I won't explain why it mattered who won. If he succeeds it's cool, if he fails then I will push hard as a candidate next election.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Intelligence_06
To be fair, I am happy that I can debate people here, critique people from different angles and get smarter every debate at the same time winning and gaining virtual points. I don't care who wins, as long as they don't ban me for just normally debating.
Election has been over for a week, Airmax is the new president.

Why do many people care substantially about who wins an election on a small website?
Many people want to see an upsurge in activity. The role of a presidency is a new way to gain interest and activity on the website. Candidates like Max and 3RU7AL offered platforms demonstrating plans to advertise and outreach to different social media websites. Also plans like increased debates, voting, revival of forum games like mafia, etc are all different reasons people are excited about the presidency. The president will also get a hand in moderation decisions and an adivory role, meaning we can start heading towards a less strict, more laissez-faire style of moderation over time with a guy like Airmax as president.

I am not criticizing people who care, I am just curious. Your experiences won't change by very much, honestly, and cyberbullying is borderline neglectable on this site(I have yet to hear someone leaving this site because they had been bullied intentionally, and no, willingly-accepting debates then leave with a loss does not count).
Cyberbullying is an issue to like 1% of the sites population. I tend to only hear accusations of bullying from one very loud individual, but most of the level headed individuals don't seem to think there is intense cyber bullying here.

I mean, even without a president, the site is fine. At least the voting system is not broken and the mods are welcome to ban any ad bots. Why do we care so much about who gets to be the president on this site?
Without a president, you are right. The site is just "fine". With a presidency however, the site can be so much better. For example, you seem to note a buzz of activity around the election. Prior to that, the last post in the main page of the forums here was 25 days old. The presidency kicked the site alive, and we have plans to get this site going even further. Most people just want to see this site alive and buzzing with activity. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Intelligence_06
I voted against the notion of a DART President in the September MEEP.  Part of my concern was that in prior models of the office on DDO the annual elections created a primary source of drama and conflict.  I agree with you that the position is entirely unwanted and unnecessary.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@oromagi
I voted against the notion of a DART President in the September MEEP.  Part of my concern was that in prior models of the office on DDO the annual elections created a primary source of drama and conflict.  I agree with you that the position is entirely unwanted and unnecessary.
Drama and conflict = Activity

The more people see conflict and opine, the more lively the site. The more people we bring who might have an interest in debate, mafia, or even social interaction here. 
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Intelligence_06
It matters to me because I like the website and wanted to see it do better
badger
Debates: 0
badger
I think if this site appears on Google, that's a huge fucking start. Edeb8 is there, so can't be too difficult. Probably every one of us found DDO through web search and DDO had pretty huge traffic back in the day. The twitter stuff sounds like Trump rallies kinda bs coming out of Airmax. Americans, man. 
badger
Debates: 0
badger
This site needs either more or less Irish people. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Considering the elections been over for about a week this post is a little late to it. And if you read half the crap posted it's not about the election it's about giving RM a hard time.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
I think if this site appears on Google, that's a huge fucking start. Edeb8 is there, so can't be too difficult.
Considering the amount of unexperienced people on the internet, noob sniping will be more and more common because people will start to instigate debates as soon as they get an account, then lose because they are new.

I don't know, I get clapped with 1 year of experience on DDO at the start and it isn't until 3 months with this site later did my skill increase measurably.

I mean, I would like to advertise this site only to people who are really interested. There are already many users that accept one debate, and then leave with an FF loss. And no, I don't think this is what they want to see.