Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Truckers fight fascism.

Unless they are fascist truckers of course.

Though in terms of road dominance, a truck is about as fascist as it gets.

And a truckers collective dominantly imposing political dogma, is rightly fascist.

So let's have all you E motorists toot your horns in the fight against right wing TRUCKER fascism.

But not such extreme tooting, so as to render yourself fascist.

Where does one draw the line between between motoring extremes?
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
They’re not fighting fascism. They’re Democracy Karen’s here to speak with the manager.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Canadian terrorists just ran over 3 Truckers protesting fascim.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5

These are the people Trudeau describes as "very dangerous"
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
They’re fighting for freedom and against fascism in the same way a 300lb guy shouting at his wife when she gives him one less slice of cheese on his 2lb burger is protesting against starvation.

It’s “fighting for freedom” and “fighting against fascism” for those who haven’t actually experienced anything close to resembling a loss of actual freedom, or fascism in any meaningful sense.

If you actually talk to them (I was down there last week, and had a chat), their issue isn’t with the specific role and limits of the government, they just don’t want to get vaccinated; they’d be cool with the government banning masks, hijabs, or arresting anyone protesting for clean drinking water, or any one of a billion other conservative aligned forms of government overreach. It’s just another big ol’ bad faith canard that people are using to justify hating on political opponents for irrational reasons under a fig leaf of reason.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
they just don’t want to get vaccinated;
False. Most of the truckers protesting are already vaccinated. I already posted a clip about what they want, and none of it is what you are lying about in this thread.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
HONK!

Let's agree that the drunken fucktards

• spraypainting swastikas on the Canadian Flag and
  • flying the American Confederate Flag and
  • pissing on the National War Memorial and
  • dancing on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and
  • repeatedly calling cops racial slurs and
  • mocking First Peoples with Flintstones jokes and
  • assaulting little Christian ladies running food banks and
  • stoning emergency medical technicians and
  • setting fires to large residential buildings and 
  • blocking traffic to prevent hard-working truckers from delivering goods and
  • publishing White Supremacist  manifestos and
  • receiving love and support from Trump and Cruz and QAnon
are the Fascists we lovers of democracy need to hate.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
False. Most of the truckers protesting are already vaccinated. I already posted a clip about what they want, and none of it is what you are lying about in this thread.
You appear to have ignored the bulk of my post, which is actually accurate - if you’re only interested in bad faith responses and trolling - I will continue ignoring you.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
I'm not going to ignore your lies. You lie often and I will continue to call you out as the bullshit artist you are.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Greyparrot
These are the people Trudeau describes as "very dangerous"
More dangerous than the Summer of Love for sure
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
I'm not going to ignore your lies. You lie often and I will continue to call you out as the bullshit artist you are.
What I said is true and accurate - and actually broadly consistent with the video. I get it  - my point makes you uncomfortable to you have to hurl accusations and insults at me to make it go away.

RationalMadman
Debates: 567
RationalMadman
Vaccine mandates for Covid for an entire populace are tyrannical, they can twist it this way and that. 

Under18s can't even get the fucking non-mRNA vaccines in these countries that are mandating them to get vaccinated, it's a sick joke.

They don't just blackmail the vaccine, they blackmail to inject experimental new age mRNA technology that's barely past the trial stage.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Vaccine mandates for Covid for an entire populace are tyrannical.

This is the truth.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@oromagi
HONK!
All of that is true, but a lot of is one offs; a lot of them are shouting at people wearing masks; or enforcing masks indoors. I was wearing my mask outside and got shouted for it, to which my response was that it was -20c and I’m wearing it because I can’t feel my cheeks any more. 

Didn’t make it all the way down to parliament;  but only a few blocks away; one point that has to be stressed is some of these horns are literally deafening. I feel for anyone living there.

It’s the typical reactionary paradigm. The world is changing, social hierarchies are changing; the economy is shifting, you can get fired for making racist or sexist jokes at work; and the trucking industry is about 17 Elon musk tweets away from being automated. The overwhelming majority of truckers are vaccinated, a small minority of anti-vaxx cranks started pushing back 8! the mandate; and the fringe groups and conservative sh*t stirrers - including from the US jumped into to steer and exploit the protests.

Obviously - they’re white and the Ottawa police are sort of idiots (handled much better in Toronto). All it would take for RCMP to come in and start cracking heads is someone to wave a “Give First Nations drinkable water” banner.

This is just culture war stuff; a convenient stand in; the canard de jour; a placeholder cause to which energy can be focused with a fig leaf of rationality when the real issue is grievance over all the things they feel they’ve lost or are losing. It starts in a rational place, but does end there.

It’s not about freedom. I mean wtf lol. This is a trust fund baby throwing a tantrum: objecting that they can’t simply do whatever you want without consequences - and conflating living with almost total personal freedom, which now require minor constraints in a pandemic - with examples of actual assaults on freedom. 

Some First Nations communities have been under boiled water advisories for decades, the country engaged in cultural genocide where they are still digging up the bodies; if the issue they  take with the Canadian government is not that, but the idea that they require you that a safe and effective vaccine in order to cross the border - then they have no concept of what freedom or oppression means.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
The vaccine is neither safe nor effective. A drug that is so dangerous that it requires a licensed medical practitioner to administer it and then watch you for 30 minutes to make sure you don't die from an adverse reaction and is so ineffective that you can carry around the virus and still spread it around and kill all people around you shouldn't be mandated by a government official with zero medical training.

Ramshutu
Ramshutu
The vaccine is neither safe nor effective. A drug that is so dangerous that it requires a licensed medical practitioner to administer it and then watch you for 30 minutes to make sure you don't die from an adverse reaction and is so ineffective that you can carry around the virus and still spread it around and kill all people around you shouldn't be mandated by a government official with zero medical training.
Actual data from reality show it’s safe (as severe adverse events are incredibly rare), and effective (as it demonstrably shows a significant reduction of risk of symptomatic infection, hospitalization and death).

The argument that anything that requires a medical professional must be unsafe is beyond idiotic; and believing that only vaccines that completely eradicate a disease completely can be considered “effective” is equally stupid.  This ridiculous misrepresentation is just an example of dishonest bad faith trolling.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
More dangerous than the Summer of Love for sure.

Clearly.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Ramshutu
All of that is true, but a lot of is one offs; a lot of them are shouting at people wearing masks; or enforcing masks indoors. I was wearing my mask outside and got shouted for it, to which my response was that it was -20c and I’m wearing it because I can’t feel my cheeks any more. 
Anecdotes, sure, but such anecdotes serve to illustrate how there is no Conservatism left in the people who call themselves Conservative.  Ask yourself whether Ronald Reagan would side with the cops defending the Nation's capitol or the drunken bigots dancing on the the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and we know which side he'd take.  Ask John McCain....  Ask Margaret Thatcher.  What once was called Conservativism in the West has gone silent, afraid to ally with the Liberals and repelled by self-serving troglodytes running their parties.

Didn’t make it all the way down to parliament;  but only a few blocks away; one point that has to be stressed is some of these horns are literally deafening. I feel for anyone living there.
Well, honking horns may be harassment but I consider that well within the realms of non-violent protest.  Attacking Christian ladies while they're performing acts of charity just for wearing a mask should horrify any human worth breathing air.  That's not politics that is just assholes doing crime.

It’s the typical reactionary paradigm. The world is changing, social hierarchies are changing; the economy is shifting,
The social hierarchies are shifting to favor the smart and flexible, as ever.  COVID's a classic example. 

"NPR looked at deaths per 100,000 people in roughly 3,000 counties across the U.S. from May 2021, the point at which vaccinations widely became available. People living in counties that went 60% or higher for Trump in November 2020 had 2.73 times the death rates of those that went for Biden. Counties with an even higher share of the vote for Trump saw higher COVID-19 mortality rates."

It's cruel but I am genuinely tempted to lean into this trend until Trumpism ceases to be a threat to American integrity.

All it would take for RCMP to come in and start cracking heads is someone to wave a “Give First Nations drinkable water” banner.
Here in Denver we have the Marade- one of the largest annual celebrations of MLK's birthday anywhere.  One year, the neo-nazis and the KKK managed to schedule a protest on the State Capitol steps before the Marade reserved the day.  50 fascists dressed in all white or all black showed up  with bullhorns and taunted the crowd of fifty thousand Maraders for about twenty minutes behind a wall of police and chain link fence, throwing rocks and bottles into the crowd.  Then Russell Means and twenty Lakota braves from Pine Ridge sliced through the crowd, drumming and singing right up to the fence.  Russell called the Grand Wizards and Gruppenfurhers (wink, wink, GP) over to the fence and although the crowd hushed and I could hear Means calmly speaking, I couldn't make out his words but whatever he said was incredibly effective.  The Fascists went wild screaming and howling and pulling down the chainlink fence to get to Means but instead the angry crowd pressed in.  All the police could do was rush the bloodied fascists into the Capitol for protection while the Lakota sang their home.

That is power and thugs only really respond to displays of power.  The Klan never tried to hijack the Marade again.

Some First Nations communities have been under boiled water advisories for decades, the country engaged in cultural genocide where they are still digging up the bodies; if the issue they  take with the Canadian government is not that, but the idea that they require you that a safe and effective vaccine in order to cross the border - then they have no concept of what freedom or oppression means.
When the city of BIsmark objected to proximity of the proposed Dakota Access Pipeline to their water supply the Army Corp of Engineer's solution was to move the pipeline downstream so that it only threatened Standing Rock Reservation's water.  When the Native peoples defended their water supply by blocking the roads, Trumpists in the State Legislature introduced a bill immunizing motorists from running over protestors.  I wonder how the Convoy would react to such a bill introduced in Ottawa today.

oromagi
oromagi
Let's apply the EXACT SAME logic to chemotherapy or anesthesia:

CHEMOTHERAPY is neither safe nor effective. A drug that is so dangerous that it requires a licensed medical practitioner to administer it and then watch you for {2 HOURS] to make sure you don't die from an adverse reaction and is so ineffective that you [STILL DIE of CANCER].

ANESTHESIA is neither safe nor effective. A drug that is so dangerous that it requires a licensed medical practitioner to administer it and then watch you for [THE DURATION]  to make sure you don't die from an adverse reaction and is so ineffective that you [STILL HAVE PAIN AFTER SURGERY]
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Drugs shouldn't be prescribed by politicians period.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
CHEMOTHERAPY: Shouldn't be mandated by politicians.

ANESTHESIA: Shouldn't be mandated by politicians.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Vaccine mandates for Covid for an entire populace are tyrannical.
This is truth.
In setting this precedent,

Then everything that was ever mandated was tyrannical.

This then, is also truth.

Your basically advocating anarchy.

Or are YOU just mandating that only YOU can decide what is and isn't mandatory.

Sounds like tyranny to me.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Or are YOU just mandating that only YOU can decide what is and isn't mandatory.

Sounds like tyranny to me.
When the fuck was there a referendum held to vote on the mandate? It's them deciding for us. Stop trying your nonsense gaslighting.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
So how many referendums do you have per annum?

And if a referendum on mandatory vaccination went in favour of the mandate.

Would you then happily abide by the democratic decision?

And just to put this in perspective.

I am against mandatory vaccination.

Nonetheless I chose to be vaccinated.

So should people who choose not to be vaccinated, consequently be refused medical treatment  for severe Covid symptoms?

This would seem fair.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
I am actually vaccinated but I would not be happy about it passing at all.

I also think Brexit was a dogshit-reasoned idea and unacceptably close margin vote to just pass like that (48 vs 52% is fucking nothing, that shouldn't be considered a full pass or fail, it should be 55% minimum, I'd even be open to 57% minimum).

Which country are you saying would pass the mandate? I can't think of any country where over 50% support the blackmail, it's just that those that do are the loudest (specifically amongst the left-wing in particular).
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
So should people who choose not to be vaccinated, consequently be refused medical treatment  for severe Covid symptoms?

This would seem fair.
Perhaps they should have to pay a fee to the NHS if they get treated depending on their tax record and income, if you mean UK specifically.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Are you British?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
It's a possibility, either way you have said that you are.