Russia and Ukraine

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 483
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
I probably have more cultural and ideological ties to the average Russian than the average American. Which is why I am supporting Russia.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I've not quite been paying attention,
Something or other about Russia wanting to take over Ukraine against Ukraine's will.

Or is there more nuance?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Lemming
a bit more nuance. Russia wants a buffer zone against the west. Both sides also take to their own cultural and historical legacies. Russia argues that crimea has always been Russian especially since it gave it to Ukraine in 1954
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I cannot think of a genuine reply that doesn't violate the code of conduct.

I will just say sheesh, cringe.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Russia already owns Crimea, they are going to war with all of Ukraine, including its capital Kyiv.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
Why is it cringe? 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
You're supporting the big bad thug who is gonna probably win anyway and is bullying Ukraine.

You are so uneducated on the matter that you think this is about Crimea anymore.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I have more respect for Putin than I do Biden. Does anyone really think Biden is even a intellectual match to Putin. Biden is a feckless loser. Putin is ten steps ahead of Biden. Anything Biden does was already thought of and planned for. Biden and all who follow his ideology are  as predictable as the sun coming up in the morning. Biden will do nothing, his stupid sanctions are meaningless and only hurt everyone else but Putin. I will suffer because of Biden's stupidity and incompetence, Not Putin. Putin knows this. Biden is the best thing to ever happen to Putin. Biden will just take America down another rung in the shithole of oblivion. Doesn't matter what I think of the situation in Ukraine, America and the rest of the world will be fat losers no matter what.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@RationalMadman
I know, right?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
You're supporting the big bad thug who is gonna probably win anyway and is bullying Ukraine.
So what? The US bullies countries on the regular. They supported syrian rebels who want to genocide Christians in the area

You are so uneducated on the matter that you think this is about Crimea anymore.
The point was to illustrate that both sides look to culture and history, this transcends geopolitics, and the US will never ever get that because it has no concept of culture, homeland, or historical significance. Instead it clings on to nonsense civic ideas like freedom and democracy
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@sadolite
I have more respect for Putin than I do Biden. Does anyone really think Biden is even a intellectual match to Putin. Biden is a feckless loser. Putin is ten steps ahead of Biden. Anything Biden does was already thought of and planned for. Biden and all who follow his ideology are  as predictable as the sun coming up in the morning. Biden will do nothing, his stupid sanctions are meaningless and only hurt everyone else but Putin. I will suffer because of Biden's stupidity and incompetence, Not Putin. Putin knows this. Biden is the best thing to ever happen to Putin. Biden will just take America down another rung in the shithole of oblivion.
Well... yeah
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
By that reasoning Mexico should get Texas back if they really want it and France should get Louisiana back if they really want it. Simply because you don't like the Constitution.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
By that reasoning Mexico should get Texas back if they really want it and France should get Louisiana back if they really want it. Simply because you don't like the Constitution.
I mean they could
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Polytheist-Witch

They can try :)
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
Biden is such a weak leader. What a disgrace 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Rancid take
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@sadolite
The fact that you are willing to risk American lives for this is selfish 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
LOL.

How big is a buffer zone Doc?

Russia is the largest country in the World.

Don't they have enough room, to be able to create their own buffer zone?

Why do they need a bit of the Ukraine?

Where will they want a bit of next?

You heard the Russian buzz phrase "buffer zone" on TV, didn't you?

You old commie Doc.
Yassine
Debates: 3
Yassine
-->
@Dr.Franklin
- You Russian?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Yassine
Not sure if he's rushing with his completely anti-American and certainly pro-colonialism. The gentleman from Kenya at the UN summed up the situation pretty perfectly so I'll post a link to that. https://youtu.be/Tf0gb0sQI40
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Dr.Franklin
This beats the Statue of liberty for sure.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
The fact that you are willing to risk American lives for this is selfish 
The only lives at risk are the people who would support a Biden hot war. America is already on the brink of a civil war with how rapidly Biden has lowered the standard of living for everyone.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
HOLY SHIT IT’S HAPPENING.

Russia has launched an invasion.

Mharman
Mharman
Honestly we better stay tf out of this. Sanctions are fine, but no arms deals or troops deployed.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mharman
Ruskies a bit tougher to f**k with, than Afghan pomegranate farmers?
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@zedvictor4
No one should seek war. Be ready for it yes, but the offensive attack was not against us and therefore we do not have any reason to get involved beyond the sanctions Biden has announced.
Yassine
Yassine
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
- Fake news. Everybody knows exactly what's happening & pretend they don't know. One, Russia was given assurance that NATO may not expand eastwards upon dismantling of the USSR, which the US ignored & has been expanding to surround Russia ever since, first in Georgia & then in Ukraine. A powerful country like Russia will simply not stand to watch US troops & equipments stationed at its borders. If Russia sets up at the Mexican border, the US will lay waste to that entire country with everything they've got overnight. Two, the US doesn't really give a shit about Russia's plans in the Ukraine, they couldn't care less what happens to the Ukrainians. It's about building yet another leverage against Russia, to control trade & energy in the region. US ships & bases around the Black sea is not a pretty sight for the Russians. Third, the ruin of Ukraine is the most desirable outcome, for the more it's ruined the more it will lend itself in the loving arms of the West. Because the truly undesirable outcome is setting a precedent. Post-WWII & especially during the last decades the only countries which are allowed to invade other countries & lay waste to nations are the US & allies. If Russia succeeds in its invasion of Ukraine it will set a dangerous precedent undermining the global dominion of the West. Most notably it will greatly weaken the will of Taiwanese separatists against China, & embolden further countries to seek pre-colonial borders, eventually doing away with the international order & rules set up by the winners of WWII, mainly the US, the Soviet Union & Britain. – Hence, all the nonsense on the news 24/7 is just fake news.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
Biden is the best thing to ever happen to Putin.
Pretty sure we won’t be seeing Biden take a one on one meeting with Putin with no Americans in the room except for a translator who’s notes Biden would confiscate and destroy after swearing the translator to complete and indefinite secrecy.

And then there was the whole thing about the US President loudly voicing his opposition to NATO, you know, the organization that was literally founded to combat Russian aggression against the rest of the world.

All of this and so much more, all done by a man Putin’s government conducted an entire operation to get elected, and then got elected. A man who to this day from the pulpit of a former US President serves as Putin’s mouthpiece for Russia.

But Biden is the best thing to ever happen to Putin. Ok bro.

TDS is definitely a real thing, it just doesn’t mean what you think it does.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Russia argues that crimea has always been Russian especially since it gave it to Ukraine in 1954
I don’t think that’s how giving something away works.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Yassine
One, Russia was given assurance that NATO may not expand eastwards upon dismantling of the USSR
Citation needed.