Putin's Perfect U.S. President

Author: Discipulus_Didicit

Total: 3
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
People keep arguing back and forth about whether some administration or other would make Putin more or less likely to do the murder stuff in Ukraine. Let's approach this subject with a facts-over-feelings approach, starting by listing all the things that Putin would want from a U.S. president. Putin's perfect president:

1) Would try to limit aid to Ukraine (you know, since Ukraine is the country he is invading).

2) Would praise Putin and downplay anything bad he did (you know, since someone saying you are good is good for you).

3) Would want NATO's strongest member to withdraw from NATO (you know, since Putin keeps saying the voluntary defensive alliance NATO is bad).

4) Would try to limit sanctions on Russia as much as possible (you know, since sanctions on Russia are bad for Putin).

I am not saying these are good or bad things, I am not saying these describe anyone in particular. I am just saying that objectively speaking you have to realize that Putin would take these as green lights for invasion, IF he was taking into account "hmm, what does that country on the other side of the world think?"

Anything else I am missing from the list?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
"hmm, what does that country on the other side of the world think?"

Anything else I am missing from the list?
1) Things the country can DO to support your conquest such as purchase billions of dollars of oil and issue promises to continue to do so.

2) Blame Putin to ensure USA citizens don't realize how bad NATO leaders fucked up by supplying said oil money to Russia.

3) Pledge support and other similar platitudes for Ukraine while watching Kiev fall in real time with no action.

These are the things Putin requires from a USA President. Oh and to look good in their local State media for doing it: that's a big help. Also having a USA president that stifles journalists that ask the questions exposing the oil connection with Russia is a bonus, blaming USA oil companies for buying Russian Oil instead of explaining why those companies are forced to in order to keep gasoline from being 10 dollars a gallon.

Cause what Putin really wants are not just empty words. He needs MONEY.

And he needs assurances there will be no military reaction after he conquers more territory. That happens when a President says he can have a minor incursion and that's okay.

America is more worried about Putin sanctioning their Crude Oil Supply to lift a finger in any kind of military response.

So yeah, you are missing a LOT here.

A whole lot.

Putin's perfect president? You are watching it in real time.
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
5) Be caught bluffing about an ultimatum 

6) Give the green light to a NATO country’s dependence on Russian oil

7) Enact energy policy that raises oil prices leading to more dependence on foreign resources

8) Preside over a military blunder

9) Exhibit low regard for national sovereignty and border security