Canada's truckers are victims but arrested protesters in Russia deserve it.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 70
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
[Insert propaganda quips and satire]

If you think this is a callout thread, then I wonder who I am calling out.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
you guys literally say that but reversed
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Mhmm, are you suggesting the tyranny of Putin on protesters is equal to what Canada has done to the truckers in terms of proportional punishment vs action?

Also, are you suggesting the cause of the truckers is as necessary and valid as that of the anti-Ukrain-war protesters and anti-Putin/tyranny protesters who have been there before?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
equal to what Canada has done to the truckers in terms of proportional punishment vs action?
The standard has already been set with Jan 6. Political misdemeanors can never qualify for bail or due process. Assumed guilty before proven innocent.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
And what happens in Russia for you to be supporting it in this war?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
And what happens in Russia for you to be supporting it in this war?

I support Russia because they provide fuel for my car when leaders in the USA refuse to do so.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
So that justifies Putin invading Ukraine?
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
impressive
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
On May 4, 1970, members of the Ohio National Guard fired into a crowd of Kent State University demonstrators, killing four and wounding nine Kent State students
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Are you still selling those I LOVE PUTIN  T shirts online?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
I have Biden Tshirts. More Biden means more Russian fuel for my car.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
4800 Russians arrested yesterday for protesting the illegal occupation of Ukraine- all will spend time in jail.  Fewer than 1000 mostly cars, maybe 100 trucks drove slowly twice around the beltway on Sunday afternoon to protest Trump's emergency powers act for COVID- few noticed.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
but the gas and oil was bought in Russia so the clouds are purple and the sky is green.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@RationalMadman
-->@oromagi
but the gas and oil was bought in Russia so the clouds are purple and the sky is green.
Not for long.  Putin broke the only really profitable business in the whole Russian economy.  I hope we get away from fossil fuels so fast now that Putin's left selling coal to China for 3 cents per ton.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Not for long

Artificially inflated oil prices ensures Putin will sell every drop at a discount. The only way to stop it is with Biden mandating a government seizure of cars and Trucks. 

@BareShelvesBiden

Come to find out, destroying domestic oil production in a global market was an absolutely retarded move by the DC central planners.

I'll chalk this one up to incompetence over malice toward the common working American.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
Mhmm, are you suggesting the tyranny of Putin on protesters is equal to what Canada has done to the truckers in terms of proportional punishment vs action?

Also, are you suggesting the cause of the truckers is as necessary and valid as that of the anti-Ukrain-war protesters and anti-Putin/tyranny protesters who have been there before?
Yes, in fact the punishment has been worse

Yes the Truckers cause are just as legitimate.

Your not gonna get a "gothca" moment from me
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
How has it been worse?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
the inner cities and rural midwest has unbelievable rates of poverty, crime, depravation, and suicide.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Dr.Franklin
And that's worse than your country being literally invaded?

Also, do you think the right wing or left wing do more to help those trapped in an environment that has:

unbelievable rates of poverty, crime, depravation, and suicide.
?

For me, it's the left wing.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@oromagi
Not for long.  Putin broke the only really profitable business in the whole Russian economy.  I hope we get away from fossil fuels so fast now that Putin's left selling coal to China for 3 cents per ton.
Then what'll most likely happen is we will become dependent on the even more evil and dangerous Chinese for the rare earth metals needed to make that many electric cars
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Dr.Franklin
you guys literally say that but reversed

Lmao, he did it.

And I don't know why one has to be worse or better. They can considered both good or bad exercises of government power by people who aren't partisan shills that equate Putin to an Austrian painter.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bmdrocks21
Are you saying you don't think the bloodshed and tyranny even prior to this invasion by Putin is very similar to the Fascist style of leadership that Hitler ran? Prisons in Russia run similar to the Gulags that Stalin had, just this time with a slightly higher aim to keep the prisoners not starving.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
 ...unbelievable rates of poverty, crime, depravation, and suicide.
For me, it's the left wing.
You obviously either don't live in a one party state like New York or California, or you willfully choose to ignore the effects of bad policy there.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Stalin wasn't a fascist. You can be on any wing to decide to imprison your political opposition. Any wing will do when your wing has the power to get away with it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
You obviously either don't live in a one party state like New York or California, or you willfully choose to ignore the effects of bad policy there.
Compared to what? How rednecks that struggle with those same struggles are treated by the rich and authorities in right-wing States?

What exactly are you implying? A state leadership can only do so much with a Republican Congress ensuring America stays serving the rich. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Stalin wasn't a fascist. You can be on any wing to decide to imprison your political opposition. Any wing will do when your wing has the power to get away with it.
So, do you admit that Putin is a tyrant and that he is Fascist?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
A state leadership can only do so much with a Republican Congress ensuring America stays serving the rich. 

That is utter bullshit. One party states like California and New York have had 50 years to tax the rich with State taxes, and yet they instead pass tax evasion for the rich like SALT deductions only when the far left is in control of Congress.

Is that what you mean by "only so much?"
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Compared to what? How rednecks that struggle with those same struggles are treated by the rich and authorities in right-wing States?
As bad as those states are, they don't have nearly the level of wealth inequality as the one party states run by the left party monopolies.

The poor in Red States at least don't have to worry about being supplied with tents and crack pipes from Biden and Pelosi.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
As bad as those states are, they don't have nearly the level of wealth inequality as the one party states run by the left party monopolies.
That is because the wealthy people get the hell out of the Republican states, generally speaking and go for either centrist or left-leaning states where the standard of living is more decent.

It is extremely akin to how the wealthy who rise from upper-middle to extremely high in developing nations often spend at least four months a year abroad in a more developed country (very often left-leaning) on a mixture of business and leisure. However, it's also true that right-wing 'expat havens' like the UAE exist, which can attract capitalists from left-leaning countries but they are few and far between and generally the people are just fine going back when they need to.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
wealthy people get the hell out of the Republican states, generally speaking and go for either centrist or left-leaning states where the standard of living is more decent.
Bullshit. The wealthy go where they get screwed the least and where the politicians stay bought. 

Florida is way nicer to live in than Chicago or New York.

Why don't you try and defend Pelosi's SALT bullshit?