Everything can change, the moment that China shifts from 'neutral'.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 12
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
The entire victory was contingent on China backing Russia, so far it played the fence very much but it merely has to shift and it all is over for Russia.

Already from 5-7 days ago their shift to pure neutrality began (as the war escalated, they practically instantaneously flipped on Russia by refusing to actively support them).

China may become the antivillain of the war if it switches to actively condemn Russia. It takes one change of mind and it's done.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman
..." Russian banks could switch to using China's card payment system, UnionPay, after MasterCard and Visa suspended operations in Russia, according to media reports
....Russia's largest bank Sberbank announced it was looking at issuing cards using the UnionPay system in conjunction with Russia's domestic Mir payments system, Bloomberg reported. Alfa Bank is already pushing ahead with plans to issue cards using UnionPay, while the newswire cited Tinkoff Bank as saying that it would issue cards with UnionPay as soon as possible."....

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
China isn't going to do anything other than annex Taiwan while the world is distracted.

As usual in foreign Diplomacy. Ignore everything that is said and follow the actions.

Biden is having one hell of a doozy of a year of failures.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@RationalMadman

China may become the antivillain of the war if it switches to actively condemn Russia. It takes one change of mind and it's done.
I think China can read the strategic map as well as any and come to the same conclusion:  there's no probable scenario where this ends well for Russia.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

When the USA declares bankruptcy after Don Jr. becomes President, I hope China buys it. I might 
buy a place at the Beijing Trump Towers.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Can't wait for 4 more years of DeSantis derangement syndrome.
oromagi
oromagi
-->@FLRW
Can't wait for 4 more years of DeSantis derangement syndrome.
I agree that DeSantis is a much more viable candidate- how is DeSantis going to get past Trump without pissing off Trump voters?
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
I think China can read the strategic map as well as any and come to the same conclusion:  there's no probable scenario where this ends well for Russia.
What consequences are they gonna face if they take Taiwan? We gonna sanction them and literally shoot our selves in the foot?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
What consequences are they gonna face if they take Taiwan? We gonna sanction them and literally shoot our selves in the foot?

Biden promised on his first day in office that any attempt to invade Taiwan would mean war. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Biden promised on his first day in office that any attempt to invade Taiwan would mean war. 
He promised a lot of things TBH.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
We gonna sanction them and literally shoot our selves in the foot?
I can't wait for the circus spin the next 3 years explaining to America why it's so important to have 10 dollar gasoline to save Ukraine and the planet.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman
The entire victory was contingent on China backing Russia,
What