I don't think the people supporting Putin have a proper perspective of what he's done.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 18
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
These are young men, maximum 27ish, just look at the faces of any that have been captured. These mena re generally 23 and below. It is shocking to me the people don't understand what happened.

Listen to me when I tell you what they were told. The soldiers sent in were tricked by their commanders, told that Ukraine had requested assisted in Kyiv to defend against NATO attacks.

They then rolled in with their tanks and didn't even know they were already crossing hte border, they were firstly tricked into that, then they were told the people ambushing them were neo-nazis opposing the defense operation. This is where confusion began even amongst the Russians tanks and soldiers as clearly they were confused why people were screaming and running if they were there to save them and why absolutely everybody who was armed was attacking them, even the Ukranian official military. This is where some of them had the sense to surrender and that is how we are finding out their side of things bit by bit by prisoner of war interrogations.

Putin is a high functioning psychopath (I don't even believe he's a sociopath, I think it's genuine psychopathy). You need to truly understand this. He does not feel emotions deep, his 'human and kind side' is a carefully constructed act. This man has bullied Russians for his entire rule and rose to power by cunning means as well. He is a spy with a very violent and cryptic past that we still don't fully know and understand.

Anybody supporting him who says they are right-wing libertarians, do not know the first thing about the libertarian aspect of their beliefs. Putin loathes everything about you and what you stand for other than you enabling the rich to get richer. The rich in Russia either serve Putin, are run into the ground or are literally poisoned or brutally beaten the crap out of. You don't understand what kind of person you are worshipping and I couldn't give a shit if this website is owned by a Russian. I am not intending to live in Russia, ever.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I bump my own thread 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
They were probably shocked to see all the bioweapon Factories America funded there guarded by neo Nazis.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
On Tuesday, the US government’s Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland testified before a Senate Foreign Relation Committee hearing on Ukraine in Washington, DC, and said that the United States was working with Ukraine to prevent invading Russian forces from seizing biological research material. The State Department also stated that it was concerned that Russian forces are trying to gain control of biological research facilities within Ukraine. The committee was set to examine Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the worldwide response.

At the hearing, State Department official Victoria Nuland was asked whether Ukraine has bioweapons. “Ukraine has biological research facilities, which in fact we are now quite concerned Russian troops, Russian forces, may be seeking to gain control of”, she stated to the US lawmakers on March 8. “We are working with the Ukrainians on how they can prevent any of those "research materials" from falling into the hands of Russian forces should they approach”, she added.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Would the Neo Nazis of America not defend America if it were invaded?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Would the Neo Nazis of America not defend America if it were invaded?
All 3000 of them? I guess.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Would you be against that?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
I'd be against the fact that 3000 people are the only ones responsible for defending a nation of half a billion people.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Wait you actually think that the Aziv Battalion are the only defenders/frontline/casualties?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Anyone that defends national borders is far-right in today's lexicon
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
How did RationalMadman learn all this?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
If you mean what Putin has done to his people it's very easy/simple to gain the data on how many of his young men are estimated to be killed already.

As for the lies and propaganda, it is twofold:

He partly told them they are defending the Ukranians against a Fascist government that is gaining strength with NATO and also told the generals/commanders to trick the original tankers/units to not realise they were on Ukranian soil (yet) at a certain point where suddenly they all were retaliated against at once, surprising many of the younger soldiers who had zero real battlefield experience and overwhelming them emotionally, not just physically.

They then were attacked by Ukranians over and over after they initiated what they thought was an agreed attack with a group in Ukraine attempting to coup the Fascists.

The lie became clear to certain soldiers who noticed that not one single Ukranian faction or soldier was siding with them. This is what led to their surrendering and the fact they were young and inexperienced.

Then, when surrendered, interviews like this have taken place (of course most of it happens off-camera).

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
interviews like this have taken place 
you misspelled interrogations.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Well if you mean CIA level torture that's not happening to our knowledge, especially not to those clearly ranked low.

That said, this is a war. Putin has been a merciless cunt to the Ukranians, mercy is not something they can afford on every single POW if they want to extract certain plans and information from a high ranking POW.

Unfortunately, Russians train their high ranking officials and threaten to harm their family if they leak any information so it's up in the air how it goes.

Are you randomly sympathising with the soldiers caught? How about the Ukranians dying defending their own land? How about the refugees? 

Just shut up with your virtue signalling, it really is a bad look especially as you accuse people like me of it.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
Yes well Russians post videos of Ukrainians magically converting after capture as well.

More specifically how do you know this:
Putin is a high functioning psychopath (I don't even believe he's a sociopath, I think it's genuine psychopathy). You need to truly understand this. He does not feel emotions deep, his 'human and kind side' is a carefully constructed act.
It seems like something it would be very difficult to know and therefore reeks of irrational hatred. Isn't starting a war enough? Does he have to be the son of satan as well?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Lol? Do you think he was an angel before this war?

He has done many psychopathic things in his rule of Russia, the people there are either terrified of him or brainwashed into stockholm syndrome loving him.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Is your question what he's done and said that implies he genuinely lacks any conscience and typical human emotions?

I can list them but they will seem like I'm just parroting experts on the matter who agree that he shows many tendencies that indicate that he's psychopathic and/or narcissistic.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
I can list them but they will seem like I'm just parroting experts on the matter who agree that he shows many tendencies that indicate that he's psychopathic and/or narcissistic.
No need to list them. I tend to be disinterested in raw assertions no matter who makes them. I listen to everything but I don't claim to have firm knowledge without objective basis, which in the context of politics and world events usually requires that some party/person essentially admit all the premises required to form a conclusion.

I have been watching the propaganda from both sides and I believe the only way to come to your position is to only watch/trust the propaganda from one side.