Expanding on Thett's theory about 'do something' and progressivist tendencies.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 35
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
The theory is clearly incomplete, given that the most ardent 'do something' people are typically severe fiery conservative or furious far-right incel types. That said, I would agree with Thett3 on something, if you take a moderate left-wing Liberal and moderate right-wing Convervative or Libertarian, the former will have more urge to do something about a situation that displeases them while the latter will try to remain more stoic, instinctively.

The actual theory runs like this, I believe:

If a situation seems to both be morally displeasing and happens to individually displease the person, people who are stronger in their leanings are consistently more likely to burn with the urge to do something about it.

If a situation seems to be morally displeasing but not individually distressing, a left-wing leaning person is much more likely to still have some degree of passion and urge to genuinely spread the word and also do things towards the cause, whereas the right-wing are more inclined to revert to neutrality on a matter unless it directly affects them personally or some people close to them.

If a situation seems to be morally pleasing enough but individually hurts the individual (perhaps you are rich in a left-wing society or you are a harsh right-wing person who happens to be working class and suffering due to the lack of provisions for you and your family), the right-wing are likely to feel a rage that when asked to 'do something' they direct towards the opposition but not towards any productive solution to the problem. When the left-wing face this dilemma they are actually much more likely to remain stoic and be okay with it as long as they feel it is a good protection to them and those close to them if they ever happened to become very poor, vulnerable, isolated etc.

If you had to sum up what I am saying in a simple concept, it works like this:

The 'direction' right-wing mindset, especially right-wing conservative mindset, is to deal with issues directly in terms of negative input to the individual. You will get authoritarian left-wingers who fall into this category though. The idea is that the less close to home the issue is the less of a crap is given and that can literally mean even right next to somebody's house there is a homeless person. The solution of very authoritarian people, especially if they are authoritarian right-wing, is to get rid of the disturbance (do they stink, are they noisy, are they reducing the value of the estate etc) whereas the left-wing approach is more as follows...

The left-wing approach is more wavy, if that makes sense. There is constant flux between the individual's dissatisfaction and lessening that and the urge to pursue the best outcome even if it hurts the individual in some way. The left-wing instinct when faced with a problem whether it's outside their doorstep or on the other side of the world is to be very curious and concerned, this is the actual reason why so many scientists are left-wing, it's because burning curiosity and inability to separate one's own personal issues from a broader system of logical framework and ethical concern runs deep in left-wing thinking. The left-wing liberal has to actively remind themselves to worry about their own sadness and personal issues and insulate themselves from others' suffering because their instinct is to worry about, take interest in and genuinely want to solve everybody's problems.

This is why I have always known that the simple division between left-wing and right-wing people, if we ignore peer pressure in their household and friendship circle, is that those that lean right worry first about avoiding their own sadness and dissatisfaction, whereas the left-wing primarily worry about net happiness and net satisfaction being optimised for all. This is a double-dynamic conflict.

I'd explain more but I don't want all my ideas to be stolen, one day I may publish a book but this sums it up.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
So people who post profile pics supporting the so-named "Democracy" in Ukraine with an instinctual desire to "do something" are mostly right-wing incels?

Self-inflicted wounds.

Most of the "Do something" crowd clearly rage on behalf of the machine. Essentially they look to authority celebrities to determine what to be concerned and worried about instead of examining their own local personal risks, oblivious to the fact that celebrities don't give a crap about you and treat you like fans. Fanatical followers.

This is how Authority Celebrities are able to funnel vast amounts of wealth from the poor to the rich, by getting them to ignore local risks like inflation, homelessness, border invasions, lowered standards of living, unlawful mandates and high crime. Distracting the population from local blame. All supported by the "do something" crowd.

The real reason why Biden is so happy about 10 dollar a gallon gas is because it's one of the fastest ways to directly funnel money from the poor into the hands of the military industrial complex, even if it's to support a corrupt American colony in Ukraine supporting an installed dictator. Hell, they even got these fools to support literal Nazis.

These are not obscure hypotheticals like the OP delves into. This is the debacle playing out on the world stage in real-time for everyone to see. All supported by the "do something" fans.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Yep. Well written.

Such is social hierarchy evolved from natural ability, coupled with data development and transfer.

And gas is ten dollars a gallon.....Such is the price of not walking.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
So people who post profile pics supporting the so-named "Democracy" in Ukraine with an instinctual desire to "do something" are mostly right-wing incels?
They could be but if we talk about people wjo feel so frustrated with a system they go out and shoot people based on the urge to do something, that tends to be right-wing incels who learned to handle frustrationa by doing drastic things.

The rest of what you wrote is plagued with confirmation bias and that is why you used words like 'most' doing it on behalf of 'the machine' to suit your narrative. It js the right wing who generally back the mechanics of elitism.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
The real reason why Biden is so happy about 10 dollar a gallon gas is because it's one of the fastest ways to directly funnel money from the poor into the hands of the military industrial complex, even if it's to support a corrupt American colony in Ukraine supporting an installed dictator. Hell, they even got these fools to support literal Nazis.
Zelensky was and is an anti-establishment Jew. He is not a Nazi or an American puppet. You have very little idea about anything you type, keep letting Russian State media brainwash you if you want but refeain from trying to spread it to me, thanks.

I am not sure what the fuck you think is going on but in Europe you are not able to host refugees in your home, meet them and ask the real storyline of events. I literally know you are wrong, you're an ignorant keyboard warrior who has bever met or looked up the real Ukranian side of this war.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
We talk about people who feel so frustrated with a system they go out and shoot people based on the urge to do something, that tends to be right-wing incels who learned to handle frustration by doing drastic things.

Like the Baseball shooter? How about the cop snipers? All those guys are right wing incels?

So hard to take you seriously sometimes with the "everyone I hate is Hitler" approach to things. Are you denying you are part of the "do something" crowd with your edgy profile pic?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Also, do you really think most outrage in America is not fabricated nonsense while real problems are systemically ignored? If you don't see that, it's no wonder you refuse to believe you often rage on behalf of the machine.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Zelensky was and is an anti-establishment Jew. 

Have you done any research at all on this guy beyond what Cnn or Fox says? This guy isn't who you think he is.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Have you done any research at all on this guy beyond what Cnn or Fox says? This guy isn't who you think he is.
No, he isn't who you think he is. :)

Which media did you digest to reach your conclusion?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Also, do you really think most outrage in America is not fabricated nonsense while real problems are systemically ignored?
Idk how we stack up the numbers and where 'most' is drawn but I think a fair few problems are real problems, yes.
If you don't see that, it's no wonder you refuse to believe you often rage on behalf of the machine.
You refuse to believe that you rage on behalf of the rich, so I am not sure what you mean.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Like the Baseball shooter? How about the cop snipers? All those guys are right wing incels?
Is your question intended to show that you intentionally ignored the cases of right-wing people acting on their 'do something' urge in severe and toxic ways?
So hard to take you seriously sometimes with the "everyone I hate is Hitler" approach to things.
I am not sure when I have ever said that, even once.
Are you denying you are part of the "do something" crowd with your edgy profile pic?
My profile pic is far less edgy than yours. :)
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
The entire Ukraine war was started and perpetuated by rich men.

Biden could have promised Russia that Ukraine wouldn't join NATO  way back in 2020. Plus the whole Hunter thing... it's clear who supports the rich here.
Zelensky was installed as a puppet leader for the USA and Ukrainian oligarchs. I am sure you know nothing about Zelensky's offshore account he himself admitted to having. His excuse being "everybody does it"

Military industrial complex demanded this war and you support them. Why? Because like Zelensky, you see "everyone doing it." 

Monkey see, monkey do. It's that simple with the "do something" crowd.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
So hard to take you seriously sometimes with the "everyone I hate is Hitler" approach to things.
I am not sure when I have ever said that, even once.
He might have been confusing you with Putin. Pointing at an enemy and drooling out "DATS A HITLER" in the most senile and paranoid way possible has pretty much become his signature move.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
The war was started by a typical Russian paranoid megalomaniac.

And perpetuated by a descending hierarchy of lackies.

Ok Mr Vlad let's go fight the Ukrainians.

Believe the bullshit, do the bullshit.

And for sure, it's all about wealth and power.....And who get's to fuck the most women.

Seriously....It's just the evolution of base instinct.

And you can be certain that  younger fitter stags are watching and sniffing and waiting for the opportune moment to move in.

Whilst those with weakness of mind will be thrown to the wolves, with arrogant disregard.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Military industrial complex demanded this war and you support them. Why? Because like Zelensky, you see "everyone doing it." 
No, like Zelensky I am horrified about the invasion of Ukraine. He is much braver than many of us are, so perhaps I wouldn't have that in common. He had a genuine opportunity to escape and survive but chose to stay and lead, whether he lives to the end of the war or not. That is a hero, what you are is a rager on behalf of the scum.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Blah blah blah...go ahead and side with one set of oligarchs over another set of oligarchs. Keep that machine running.

He is much braver than many of us are, so perhaps I wouldn't have that in common.
You probably don't have an offshore account either.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
You're siding with Putin so enjoy your side of this 'machine', bootlicker posing as a rebellious thinker.

There's a reason you dodge my posts and continually only reply to the parts that suit you, it's not about ignoring the BS, it's about grasping at straws in the strawmen and sidetracks you continually build and abuse.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Do you know how you get corrupt oligarchs to fight their own battles? Stop listening to them when they say you have to care about what they do. Whether it's DC, Zelensky, or Putin.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Do you know how you get corrupt oligarchs to fight their own battles? Stop listening to them when they say you have to care about what they do. Whether it's DC, Zelensky, or Putin.
No, Grey Parrot. That doesn't quite work out how you think it does, just lets them operate without resistance.

Use your head buddy, it helps.

It's not them saying you should care, it's genuine Ukrainians.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
 it's genuine Ukrainians.
Which ones are genuine? It's been in a state of civil war for over 20 years. Petty warlords fighting over the scraps, and I am supposed to care about which warlord again?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
No, it hasn't. In fact Ukraine is one of the only countries that can claim that its people and nation have never ever initiated a war in their entire history (albeit their history is not as ancient as many).

There is no civil war in Ukraine at all, Putin isn't stepping in to help one side, he's throwing his men to get slaughtered, ordering hits on children's hospitals and anywhere he thinks he can get away with, hellbent on making Ukrain cave in and become a Russian territory against their will.

You do not speak for any Ukranian at all yet you have the audacity to talk to me like I am wrong for literally listening to what Ukranians say everywhere.

By everywhere I mean Ukranian expats in Korea, Ukranian refugees in Europe, literally every Ukranian and most Russians who arne't directly in Russia and scared to speak up, know how wrong this war is on Putin's part.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
No, it hasn't. In fact Ukraine is one of the only countries that can claim that its people and nation have never ever initiated a war in their entire history.

Why are you so misinformed? Choice or genetics?

Also, the Ukrainian Army refused to recognize the independence of the Donbass 2015  and attempted to kill everyone there in an overt act of aggression to deny the independence of the people there wanting to break away from a tyrannical Ukraine. Anyone who has studied Ukrainian history knows it's just another broken country run by thugs, warlords, and oligarchs.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
literally listening to what Ukranians say everywhere.
You are only allowed to see one side of this conflict, and that is wholly intentional. You don't really know what is going on at all, certainly not enough to decide to support one warlord over another.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
No
In Russia, you are only allowed to see Putin's pseudoside. The same is untrue in reverse. Educate youraelf on Putin's side if you wish to, you already drank the kool-aid of his pseudoside propaganda, you're almost there to realise his real agenda and side, it only requires you to see BOTH sides to comprehend it mentally.

You're smart, I believe in you. Try it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Ulraine has not bewn rabaged by covil war, ypu gave examples of rwbellions, the mpst recent bwing qhen they got rid of the Russian puppets, loyal to oligarchs in Russia despite leading Ukraine... lol.

You are the one who is so misinformed, ypu think Zelenskyy is the corrupt one. He is a hero. Period.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
The overall number of confirmed deaths in the war in Donbas, which started on 6 April 2014, has been put at 13,100–13,300, by 31 January 2021. According to the Ukrainian government, 14,000 were killed by the Ukrainian Army.

Apparently you didn't support the proper warlord in that Civil War. Your favorite oligarch forgot to instruct you with marching orders.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Zelensky became president in 2019.

That war was in 2014.

Read what I wrote about previous leaders in Ukraine, prior to Zelensky especially after Putin was powerful in Russia and think before you type.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Ulraine has not bewn rabaged by covil war, ypu gave examples of rwbellions, the mpst recent bwing qhen
wow this was one hell of a typo ride, my phone keyboard is pretty sketchy at times.

I definitely have thumbs that don't quite suit a phone's typing proportions, I need to practise at it.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Zelensky became president in 2019.
Who cares. The same fellow oligarchs installed him. All of them use the same offshore accounts too.

Bunch of retards clout chasing oligarchs in Ukraine should be slapped in the face with a dose of reality.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Who cares. The same fellow oligarchs installed him.
No, it wasn't one bit. This is why the far-right media outlets are digging up the fact that Zelensky went hardcore after his predecessor and his associates (but they frame it as him abusing his power vindictively) when really he was trying to officially get them prosecuted for their taking of bribes and corruption.