Total: 20
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
what animal?
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
In the Bible story it's a wolf. In a sermon that's become pretty much what it's synonymous with, is a lion. It's supposed to represent Christ is both King and sacrifice.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Do you know who did the sermon and when?
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@janesix
Augustine, no idea of when. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Ok, thanks. I appreciate it.
rosends
Debates: 0
rosends
-->
@janesix
If you are asking what will happen, based on the statement of Isaiah,

"The wolf shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard lie down with the kid;"

janesix
janesix
-->
@rosends
I am researching the Mandela effect. This one has been around a long time,and is probably just confusion and not a real Bible change.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix
who laid down with the lamb? what animal?

Isaiah 11:6-9

The wolf shall live with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the kid, the calf and the lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them. 7The cow and the bear shall graze, their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8The nursing child shall play over the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put its hand on the adder’s den. 9They will not hurt or destroy on all my holy mountain; for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Wikipedia:

Isaiah 35:9 casts a lion as metaphorically forbidden in the future paradise ("No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there");[3] yet, Isaiah 65:25 and Isaiah 11:6–7, respectively reference such formerly ravenous beasts as becoming peaceable: "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, the lion shall eat straw like the ox; but the serpent—its food shall be dust!";[4] "The wolf shall live with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the kid, the calf and the lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them."[5]

"In like a lion, out like a lamb" is a proverb having to do with March weather. It has been speculated that its origin is from astrological Leo (lion) being followed by Aries (ram).[6]
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@janesix
I don't think that there is anything peculiar about the "Mandela effect".

It's just trickery that  exemplifies the fallibility of the human.

So Broome told a lie, and gullible people lacking pertinent knowledge and not wishing to appear foolish and unsophisticated, bought straight into the lie without a second thought.

Basically they were intentionally tricked.

Very few people will know a great deal about the life and times of Nelson Mandela. For most he's just a fairly well known South African guy.

Of course, the whole Mandela effect thing might be a Mandela effect thing.....Can you be sure that it's not?

janesix
janesix
-->
@zedvictor4
I have stopped trying to convince people it is true. It's kind of pointless.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@janesix
I was sort of agreeing.

Though the truth of the effect is human susceptibility.

As I stated, most people will only have very basic information relating to Nelson Mandela, probably just gossip from TV news. Ask them for a specific fact, such as in what year did Nelson Mandela die and 99 out of a 100 would probably have to guess. So it wouldn't be difficult for a charismatic person to trick people into accepting a false account.

The response may seem to be collective false memory, but the basis of the effect is purposeful trickery, and human susceptibility. Especially in situations where people want to be seen to be woke or not intellectually lacking.

N.B.    99 out of a 100 is obviously not an accurate statistic, though I have asked 6 people today and none of them knew when Nelson Mandela died.

janesix
janesix
-->
@zedvictor4
This has very little to do with Nelson Mandella. That is just a catch-all phrase for the effect itself. About 99 persent of effects I have no idea about. It is the few that I've noticed have absolutely changed,and some that keep changing over the past year.

Things I KNOW have changed:

We used to exist on the edge of the galaxy, on the sagittarius arm

Coloring of tigers, dolphins and orcas

world geography

maps of countries

human anatomy, especially the skull, which changes ALL the time

the population of the US (it used to be 350 million, now it is 334 million)

certain songs, especially my favorite song, hallelujah
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix
@zedvictor4
who laid down with the lamb?

Have you ever been to Wales? 😊
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
You know what the say about Welsh farmers?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
You know what the say about Welsh farmers?

I do Vic. It  has always made me wonder what those shepherds were up to with those sheep when the angel of the lord shone his light on them?

“And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid...."LUKE 2:8-20

Perhaps they were laying down far too close to those underage lambs. And were.... sore....  and startled ....and afraid when the light shone on them out of  the darkness? 

I suppose it could be said that the Welsh farmer had interpreted the biblical verse literally and "the lord said all was good, don't be afraid, what you do with your spare time is nothing to do with me. But for now get yourselves off to Bethlehem as representatives and envoys for the house of the Ram which be your star sign called Aries in the heavens" ?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
Hey....My star sign is Aries....What are you saying?

I'm actually English remember.

Though there are lovely cute lambs everywhere at the mo.......And the missus and her headaches and all that.

Bore da........I'm just off out for a stroll.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
I'm actually English remember.

I do, Vic lad. You just make sure that you remember that you are.😊
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Stephen
Seems utterly silly and pointless for you to be distracted by this kind of thing when you have things like nuclear war which you should be focusing on.

151 days later

Shila
Shila
-->
@janesix
Who laid down with the lamb?

what animal?
It had to be turkeys.

Roast turkeys go well with lamb.