Sa-Roc, Snow Tha Product and Saweetie are the three greatest female rappers of all time atm.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 6
RationalMadman
Debates: 563
RationalMadman
All begin their rapper name with S, holy shit.

but to be clear Sa-Roc is on ANOTHER LEVEL you don't even BEGIN TO GENUINELY UNDERSTAND her bars the first time you listen to her tracks.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Obviously Nicki Minaj and Iggy Azalea 'made it' big time in their own right but in true lyricism they are a tier below those 3 for sure.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Yep.

Such is Human evolution.

There is such a thin line between rap and comedy.

Just as there is such a thin line between Putin and comedy.

If you think about things in a certain way........Then everything can take on a certain hilarious futility.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
not all rap is funny/comedic...
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
If anyone is curious why I picked Saweetie despite her actual lyrics rarely being clever, there is a level of sophistication to her flow and delivery that really amps up the skill rating for me.

I'm not saying Minaj, Thee Stallion and Azalea can't hold their own in flow but Saweetie's flow is so skilled that she can be saying literally anything in a rap and it will sound liquid. That is a skill I highly value.

You will struggle to find a rapper who can spit this liquid over a beat: 

It's about the way your mind involuntarily gets hypnotised by the pacing, it doesn't matter how simplistic the actual lyrics are, it's about extremely sophisticated rhyme scheme and delivery patterns in every single song, consistently.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
The trouble with rap and rap performers, is that typically contrived and quite extreme  mannerisms and affectations are so easily parodied. 

And if one isn't seriously into the genre, then rap simply becomes an instant  parody of itself....If you get my drift.

It's probably an age related sense of humour thing.