The opposite of a Progressive is not 'conservative' but 'regressive' :) scumbag Russia supporters.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 14
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
The fuck have conservatives ever conserved xD

Like literally, never have they done anything other than destroy, ruin and impede society's wellbeing, let alone the environment's, unless there was something more pressing to destroy for them (like Lincoln destroying the confederacy breaking off).

The progressives conserve society's happiness and wellbeing while progressing, this is not at all a mutually exclusive dynamic.
Incel-chud
Debates: 6
Incel-chud
Most conservatives support the Ukraine, and most of the ones who claim to support Russia are just edge lording and not serious. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Incel-chud
Edge lording...Good expression, though not sure that you haven't edge lorded in the past.

But hey.

Nonetheless, I agree with your above statement.

I'm pretty sure that the won't be a mass exodus of conservatives to the Russian Fatherland any time soon.

Buttered bread and knowledge and all that.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Incel-chud
Most conservatives support the Ukraine, and most of the ones who claim to support Russia are just edge lording and not serious. 
Edgelording is a characteristic of internet trolls.  No actual human being and certainly no politician gets to hide behind the "just edgelording" defense.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Let's agree that one certainly can't be an American Conservative (which conserves Democracy, Liberty, Equality as fundamental) and endorse Putin (who is actively working to terminate those conservative American principles)
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

On his TV show, Fox News host Tucker Carlson urged Americans to ask "Why do I hate Putin?" and has questioned why it would be "disloyal" for Americans to side with Russia if war breaks out.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

Right-wing commentator Candace Owens blasted the U.S. response in a series of tweets, saying Americans should read a transcript of Putin's address to the UN Security Council “to know what’s *actually* going on,” and claiming that potential NATO membership for Ukraine serves as a threat to Russia and means “WE are at fault.”
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@FLRW
On his TV show, Fox News host Tucker Carlson urged Americans to ask "Why do I hate Putin?" and has questioned why it would be "disloyal" for Americans to side with Russia if war breaks out.
A friend of mine showed me that clip. I remember it started with something like "Biden says that if you don't hate Putin you're committing treason" and I just thought uhhh... no? Pretty sure nobody said that. The martyr complex is unreal in these people.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Lots of false dichotomies in this thread.

People can be against all 3 sets of oligarchs and be for none of them.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@FLRW

Wow, asking your viewers to critically think about why they feel things and how they will deal with those feelings if war breaks out. Scary! OOOOooooOOOOO
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Oligarchy is never progressive. Even if it is Communist, it is very conservative/regressive if you analyse what gets done.
Lemming
Lemming
If a situation Progresses into something other than what Conservatives think is right,
Do Conservatives then become Progressives, as they try to progress a system, into what they think is right?

Of course each side of the coin, considers the 'other, Regressive.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Oligarchy is never progressive. Even if it is Communist, it is very conservative/regressive if you analyze what gets done.
if you listened to 2022 leaders, all mandates from the oligarchs are progressive.

Now, get back in your truck and make me a sammich. Or I will declare you an enemy of the state.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman

An ambiguity of contradictions.

The term Oligarch is one that is typically applied to wealthy Russian business-people with political influence.

A term that can be applied anywhere though.....Think of some wealthy American business-people with political influence who you might actually respect.

Progressive is a very loose term, meaning social reform.

Though reforming What to what?

An Oligarch will more than likely always be progressive....Even if we don't agree with their notion of progressive reform.

Communism is a philosophical daydream.....Which in practice, stops the moment it starts.

And if one analyses it, conservative might or might not be regressive, depending upon context.