TRUMP DUMPS MO BROOKS

Author: oromagi

Total: 8
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Let's recall that Mo Brooks was the first congressman to object to the election certification on Jan 6th.  Brooks wore a bulletproof vest on Jan 6th in anticipation of shooting on that day and was the first to speak at Trump's "Stop the Steal" rally and cheered on the insurrectionists from his congressional hiding place.  After the coup failed, Brooks blamed Antifa for the attacks on the Capitol until today.  Now, Brooks says that Trump asked Brooks for his help in forcing Biden out of office and placing Trump in office illegally.

Trump pulled his endorsement of Brooks for the Arkansas Senate race today after Brooks correctly stated that there is no legal method available for placing Trump in office before the 2024 elections.  Trump called that simple, constitutional fact "woke" and pulled his support from one of his most devoted henchmen.  Seems like now would be a good time to get Brooks on record under oath regarding Trump's marching orders on Jan 6th.  This also suggests that Trump is willing to do his own cause real harm  in order to defend his claim to the presidency by illegal  or opportunistic acts.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@oromagi

Well, I think that soon, Trump will be moving to his new Trump Towers Moscow.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@FLRW
-->@oromagi

Well, I think that soon, Trump will be moving to his new Trump Towers Moscow.
I note that Paul Manafort was pulled off a plane bound for Dubai just yesterday- trying to flee the country with a revoked passport.

How would Trump flee the country with his Secret Service, I wonder?  He can't really order them away or lose them and I don't think the SS would let Trump leave the country without notifying  White House, Air Force, etc.  I'm not sure Trump could flee the country even if he was determined to do so.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@oromagi

Maybe the KBG will come and get him when he is indicted
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
I actually disagree with his decision, but I see why he did it and I see the events leading up to it 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@oromagi
I note that Paul Manafort was pulled off a plane bound for Dubai just yesterday- trying to flee the country with a revoked passport.

Wa'snt he one of the henchman for Trumpet in Ukraine, and wasnt he pardoned by Trumpet for crimes in USA.

..1} So we orange haired narracist Trumpet,

..2} Gaetz who looks like an alien, and, 3} Paul Manafort who is apparrently an alien experiment gone awry, and,

..4} Rudy G who looks like the ol vampire, Nosferatu. I think were seeing a pattern here related to Trumpets team of politicians

...." Of the pardons and commutations that Trump did grant, the vast majority were to persons to whom Trump had a personal or political connection, or persons for whom executive clemency served a political goal.[2][3][4] A significant number had been convicted of fraud or public corruption.[5] The New York Times reported that during the closing days of the Trump presidency, individuals with access to the administration, such as former administration officials, were soliciting fees to lobby for presidential pardons "....

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ebuc
Wa'snt he one of the henchman for Trumpet in Ukraine, and wasnt he pardoned by Trumpet for crimes in USA.
Manafort brought US style campaigning to Ukraine, always working for the pro-Russian/oligarch candidates.  He spent his time with Ukrainian and Russian oligarchs and began to live like them, spend like them and eventually borrow massive amounts of money from them.  When Manafort asked the oligarchs "will this make me whole?" he meant "will working for Trump get my debt forgiven?"  The first thing Manafort did when he came on as campaign manager was to drop GOP support for Ukraine from the Republican platform.

In a shift, Republican platform doesn’t call for arming Ukraine against Russia, spurring outrage
BY TRACY WILKINSON
JULY 21, 2016 3:35 PM PT
Reporting from Washington — For decades, Republican doctrine has viewed Russia as a power to mistrust. But in Donald Trump’s GOP, Moscow’s sins seem to matter less.

The platform written at the GOP convention in Cleveland this week eliminated references to arming Ukraine in its fight with Russia, which seized the Crimean Peninsula in 2014 and has supported separatists in eastern Ukraine.

Many in the party’s foreign policy establishment are outraged.

They note that Trump’s campaign manager, Paul Manafort, had worked as a consultant for the now-ousted pro-Russian government in Ukraine.

Trump’s investments in hotels, golf courses and other business interests overseas already have raised concerns of potential conflicts of interest with U.S. policy if he is elected.

Originally, the GOP platform was to call for providing Ukraine with weapons in addition to the substantial non-lethal aid the U.S. already provides, according to congressional reports.

After Trump surrogates reportedly intervened, the final passage supports “providing appropriate assistance” to Ukraine, but doesn’t mention providing arms to the government in Kiev.

Charlie Black, a longtime Republican strategist, said the change was “most unusual.”

“Virtually every Republican in Congress voted to provide defensive arms to Ukraine and they still support it,” said Black, now chairman of Prime Policy Group, a government relations firm. “This puts the platform on the side of the Obama administration and its weak response to Russian aggression in Ukraine.”

Although Obama’s advisors have debated whether to provide weapons to help Kiev battle the Russian-backed forces, the president has declined to do so.
The war has largely stalemated over the past year. Moreover, Ukraine is not a member of NATO and the U.S. has no treaty obligations to help defend it.

White House aides fear that sending U.S. arms into the war would further inflame tensions with Moscow.

That may be Trump’s worry as well.

He has lavished praise on Russian President Vladimir Putin, seen as an autocratic bully in much of the world, and welcomed Putin’s quasi-endorsement of his candidacy. Trump apparently admires Putin’s strongman image and willingness to crush opponents, dissidents and critical journalists.

Manafort also had a direct interest in Ukraine.

As a crisis public relations manager, Manafort had clients that included the Russian-backed president of Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovich, who was driven from power in 2014 amid corruption scandals and violent demonstrations. He fled to Russia.

Manafort worked on Yanukovich’s election campaign in 2009. Yanukovich’s opponent, Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko, had hired Jeff Link, a Democratic strategist from Iowa.

Link says the Yanukovich campaign was virulently anti-West, anti-NATO and pro-Russia.

“What I kept thinking about was how Manafort and his team were supposed to be the Reagan guys, Reagan who stood up to the Soviet Union,” Link said in a telephone interview. “And now here they were working for Putin’s candidate for Ukraine.”

Manafort was asked about the GOP platform language on Ukraine during a news conference in Cleveland, but he deflected the question, saying only that the worlds needs a “strong U.S. presence.”

As with Ukraine, Trump’s foreign policy positions are more isolationist that Republicans traditionally embrace.

He doubled-down on that approach Wednesday when he told the New York Times he would not necessarily defend fellow NATO members in the Baltic region if they are threatened Russia.

Trump also said he would not call on authoritarian leaders, like the president of Turkey, to respect the rule of law and human rights as they crack down on opponents.

Those represent sharp departures from U.S. policy and recent GOP positions and sparked immediate concerns that Trump would abandon treaty commitments to allies.

Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who is not attending the convention in his home state, was among the Republicans who slammed Trump’s comments.

“We think NATO doesn’t matter? Are we kidding?” Kasich said to the International Republican Institute. He vowed to support arming Ukraine “as long as I’m breathing” and said changing the platform was “a terrible mistake.”

Paul Saunders, executive director of the Washington-based Center for the National Interest, said a wing of the GOP has always sought to avoid international conflicts absent a direct U.S. interest.

He noted that Reagan and President Nixon, two Republicans who were toughest on Moscow during the Cold War, ultimately negotiated with the Soviet Union.
But Trump’s proposals suggested a clear break to their strategy.

“This is certainly a very significant change,” Saunders said, “and clearly reflects a very different approach to foreign policy.”

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@oromagi
As a crisis public relations manager, Manafort had clients that included the Russian-backed president of Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovich, who was driven from power in 2014 amid corruption scandals and violent demonstrations. He fled to Russia.
Putin >  Trumpet > Rudy G > Paul Manafort > and that USA general = immoral/corrupt/sinister etc and they get away with it.

Thanks for addtional details, I had not known or forgotten these pieces of crap were all pardoned by Trumpet. Isnt Trumpet also in support of pardoning Putin if, he/Trumpet has any say in the matter?