There should be more neurological research into leopards.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 8
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Leopards are by far the most psychopathic wild cat. It is not sociopathy, it is sheer psychopathy.

All wild cats have the 'predator instinct' and can potentially turn on one who feeds or regularly interacts with them but despite tigers being so much bigger and actually so ferocious, as well as lions and panthers, leopards take it to a whole new level in terms of frequency and severity of attacks.

There was a model who is really interested in helping wild animals, she knew about wild cats but not specifically about leopards. Due to this, she judged that since the leopard did not act aggressive to her, she could relax a little around it. This is true for almost all wild cats except for leopards. She turned her back on it for less than 30 seconds and this life-altering event has left her face disfigured, her life almost lost to blood loss, she is a drop in the ocean of leopard-kills-expert. 

If scientists pinpoint exactly what is different in leopard brains vs tigers, lions etc, we may be able to literally scan brains of high ranking officials in any line of work and know them to be psychopathic, helping us know not to trust them.

This is controversial indeed but I ask you for a flaw in my theory.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@RationalMadman

Well stated. You are on the list of Intelligent Man. I'm sure many from Worm Man will respond to you.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
I would think that taking a neuroscan of human psychopaths and comparing it to human non-psychopaths would be more efficient. That said I don't know nearly enough about neuroscience  to judge whether even that any validity, though it certainly seems worthy of at least bringing up to someone that does.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Wouldn't it be more important the study the brains of stupid human beings that continue to relax and enjoy themselves around animals that can f****** kill them.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
That suffera from two significant problems that psychopaths benefit from.

Firstly, hu.ans are so i credibly complex that the ampunt of people we know to strictly be psychopathic which we would need to compare to people that are similarly ruthless and aggressive but not psychopathic (other wild cats in my example) is so vast and unfeasible to attain.

The biggest problem is that because humans are so psychologically varied, even the things many psychopaths have in common that most people don't could be things that are linked more to the sociopathic scarring from their childhood and adolescence than their raw brain chemistry. It is also important to note that high functioning psychopaths are barely sociopathic at all and what makes their brains visibly psychopathic would be the ley but we cannot demand every CEO, politicians police chief, army General etc to take brain scans until we have the blueprint to definitively say that animal tests have led us to strictly determine psychopathic brain structure and activity from a scan.

Rats are very similar to humans and that is a problem. If you scan a rat's brain because of its ruthless tendencies, you cannot know if it is sociopathy or psychopathy or alternatively merely anger issues that is your independent variable.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman
If scientists pinpoint exactly what is different in leopard brains vs tigers, lions etc...

Sounds good to me.  I seemed to recall some species of dog were more aggressive. Used to  claim it was those pit bulls, and I think that was incorrect.

Cat brains are smaller than dogs ergo cats dont learn as well.

It may have a lot to do with the empathy centers of human brains.  Dont know if other animals have these empathy centers in the brain.

I may have to look into that aspect more.  Did Jeffery Dalhmerr have any empthathy for people he killed and then ate?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ebuc
Cats are more intelligent than dogs in some ways, so I'm not sure where you got that.

The reason dogs learn better than most animals do is because the way the canine brain works socially is very similar to non-autistic minds.

Autism and feline behaviour are actually linked and it is the same way people think cats are not smart if they aren't super trainable that they mistake autistic people for not being very intelligent when they are.

The form of intelligence that intelligent cats have is much more autonomous than dogs. High IQ cats don't give a shit if the human thinks they're smart, they are smart out of sheer curiosity and innovation.

As for dogs and empathy center, they definitely have empathy. Domesticated dogs have even more empathy in their brains than humans do, I am certain of it.

What I am speaking about is not aggression on its own, it is pure lack of empathy, guilt and social-bonding in the brain. Leopards lack all three severely, making them unusually psychopathic for a mammal. Orcas are similar but it wouldbe hard to get hold of and brain scan orcas and certainly difficult to compare them to dolphins or whales.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@RationalMadman
What I am speaking about is not aggression on its own, it is pure lack of empathy, guilt and social-bonding in the brain. Leopards lack all three severely, making them unusually psychopathic for a mammal. Orcas are similar but it wouldbe hard to get hold of and brain scan orcas and certainly difficult to compare them to dolphins or whales.
I agree it is all worthy of study.  ..." Results showed that the dogs, having larger brains to begin with, had more than twice as many neurons in their cerebral cortex as the domestic cat, with around 530 million cortical neurons to the cat's 250 million. (For comparison, there are billions of neurons in the human brain.) "...

Then there is brain size to body ratio.  Here whales and cetacceans my have large brains, but humans may be larger when it comes to ratio of body size of the animal. 

"....Lest you think this metric falls apart only in the insect world, the noble tree shrew has the highest brain-to-body ratio of any mammal despite its puny size. Ten percent of its body weight is brain matter. But if these rodents are smarter than people, they sure keep quiet about it."....LINK