The mask mandate is over

Author: cristo71

Total: 12
cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
The federal mask mandate is officially over in the US. Most US airlines now no longer require masks to travel domestically, but one can still wear a mask if desired.

A cause for celebration… or concern?
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@cristo71
Well it's a cause for concern over the functionality of the federal government. No matter what you believe about public health, the legislature did not act; certainly would have locked it up in an omnibus struggle, the executive used unaccountable bureaucracies to create de facto novel law, then after the law has had nearly a year to enact its unlegislated tyrannies (if any) one judge in one state decided it was void, but no restitution of course.

Previously in some states we saw executives being struck down by courts, only to change a few phrases and issue the exact same psuedo-law knowing that there is no punishment for basically ignoring judges.

This kind of "better to ask for forgiveness" attitude towards federal and state constitutions will only escalate, leading to the few that judicial roles are critical political battlegrounds (that view is already widespread).

One of these days, and I think within the next decade, some states are just going to stop caring. I mean they will ignore federal judgements & laws and then there will be a real constitutional crisis: Defederalize or dissolve.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@cristo71
Well, over here in the UK when restrictions were lifted, the infection rate shot up.

Thankfully, the vaccination programme seems to have been reasonably effective, though a few people are still experiencing symptoms that require hospitalization.

4th vaccination due soon....And still wearing mask in busy environments.

China and India look a bit grim at the moment.
cristo71
cristo71
White House Press Secretary: “Public health decisions shouldn’t be made by the courts—they should be made by public health experts.”

Reporter: “Mr. President, should people continue to wear masks on planes?”
President: “That’s up to them.”
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
President: “That’s up to them.”
sounds like the correct answer to me
cristo71
cristo71
-->
@oromagi
Well, this will be bad news for you, then:  the Biden administration will be pursuing a reinstatement of the mask mandate.

sadolite
sadolite
There was a mask mandate? Huh, I never wore a mask, I take that back, I had to wear one at the doctors office. But then again I live in Florida, thank fucking Christ.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Well it's a cause for concern over the functionality of the federal government.
Yeah, like government under your presidency would have done better the last two years? I doubt that.

One of these days, and I think within the next decade, some states are just going to stop caring. I mean they will ignore federal judgements & laws and then there will be a real constitutional crisis: Defederalize or dissolve.
Or  intentions of misdirection  in puedo name of "caring". See Jan 6th insurrection.  Falsehoods led led by orange president spreading falsehood rhetori. Sick-in-head.

..."And I assume you mean by any means possible ergo your fine with insurrection of USA Constitutional Federal Republic.

Again, no, the U.S. Constitution does not grant Americans a right to life.

The U.S. Constitution never even mentions the “right to life.”

The word “Life” is found but only once in the U.S. Consitution.

“The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.”

A Miner Detail is confident that candidate Mason was not referencing Congress’ reserved right to sanction Americans to death if found guilty of treason.".....
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@oromagi
sounds like the correct answer to me

Yeah, and that is because most people's common sense about new viruses is so much better than any CDC health experts oppinnions on the subject? I dont think so.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
There was a mask mandate?

Only for people who care about their health and the health of their community and not people of you type.

Common sense, for  most humans, is that mandating a mask for apes will not work very well, so why bother?

I still wear my mask when visiting my wife in her house, cause of her health issues.  Planes  are a great way to spread a communicable disease globally and again common sense for those who do not have there heads stuck in a hole in ground or their armpit.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@ebuc
Well it's a cause for concern over the functionality of the federal government.
Yeah, like government under your presidency would have done better the last two years? I doubt that.
You would shudder to see the government under my presidency, but it would be better in the long term.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
You would shudder to see the government under my presidency, but it would be better in the long term.

I'm sorry Dream, I think I may have been to harsh. Sorry.  Change always comes. Cycles of this and that.

The Romans ruled for about 450 or so years. USA Constitutional Federal Republic is approaching 300 year date.

Wow!  USA is closing in on the Roman total years.  Conquer  a hundred or so native indigenous  Indian tribes, and  its all that new found land that is now theirs for the taking to rule over.

Predicting/Prognosticating humanities future is so difficult and kind of like prediciting complex climate change.  Humans may destroy most of their peoples,  yet Magical Earth out in space, will continue onward without us for some years to come, irrespective of the worst humans can do with their current technologies.

Remember when people were afraid what may result in those cern experiments looking for God { Higgs } particle?  They feared a black hole being created and the whole Earth being sucked in.  Well, the scientist calculated how many joules{?} of energy would be released from that first atomic blast.  I'm sure they had made some calculations.

However, the proof is always in the pudding.  What flavor of USA pudding will be in 10, 30, 60 years? I was incorrect about Putin will get every thing he wants in Ukraine.  So were sending arms, and will  send more if congress agrees too.  What to do?  How does USA want to shape the worlds future?  Its interesting isnt it?

Humans still fighting wars.  Arms-weapons keep flowing.  How many thermal nuclear hydrogen bombs does it take to knock out humanity?

.......................OMG......will need to wear a mask in such a dusty resultant of nuclear war?............

None compare to Mad Max.  LINK

..." This black and white film blends elements of science fiction and horror inside a post-apocalyptic setting. It was interestingly the first film to be based on the 1954 novel I Am Legend by Richard Matheson, followed by The Ωmega Man in 1971 and I Am Legend in 2007. In the year 1968 Dr Robert Morgan (Vincent Price) is the last remaining human on earth. During the day he roams the streets looking for vampires to kill; former humans infected by a plague that only Morgan seems to be immune to. When he meets a mysterious woman called Ruth, he is immediately suspicious. She seems perfectly human, like him, but she has a secret that could help save humanity"…

Todays taryton ciggerate commericial.........I would rather fight ...person with black eye is presented---  than to ever wear a friggin mask to protect self and others.........