What is the definition of a women?

Author: Bones

Total: 21
Bones
Debates: 30
Bones
Put this forum under science but I have a nagging feeling many answers I receive will be unscientific. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Bones
Put this forum under science but I have a nagging feeling many answers I receive will be unscientific. 

Since WOMEN is not a scientific concept any sincere answer will be unscientific and the insincerity of the question made plain.

Etymology
From Middle English wimmen, from Old English wīfmenn (“women”), from wīf (“female”) + menn (“men, persons, human beings”), equivalent to wife +‎ men. Spelling (with o) influenced by the singular; see woman for more.
Pronunciation
  • (Received Pronunciation, US, Canada) IPA(key): /ˈwɪm.ɪn/, /ˈwɪm.ən/, /ˈwʊm.ən/
  • (New Zealand) IPA(key): /ˈwʊm.ɘn/, /ˈwɘm.ɘn/
    • Rhymes: -ʊmən
  • Hyphenation: wom‧en
  • Homophone: woman (some dialects, common in New Zealand and South Africa)
Noun
women
  1. plural of woman quotations ▼
    Three women went for a walk.
Related terms
  • women's lib
  • womenfolk
Noun
women
  1. Misspelling of woman.
Anagrams[edit]
  • Mowen, menow
Middle English
Noun[edit]
women pl
  1. Alternative form of wommen

ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
An adult female human

female is a term used in the sciences, so is human (referring to homo sapiens sapiens), so is adult.

There is no "scientific" argument for why a definition should be a certain way. Some concepts are more useful than others. Utility of language demands that definitions long established and commonly used should not be changed, especially when the proposed reason is that someone doesn't like the concept it refers to. They may find it useless, but in that case they should use a different word and stop using the word in question.
Bones
Bones
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
What is a female. 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Bones
What is a female. 
An individual of a male/female sex species which expresses more sexually dimorphic traits correlated with the female sex than traits correlated with the male sex.

Let me try to get ahead of a few more:

sex - a phenotypic cluster almost always associated (on earth) with a genotypic variation that serve in complimentary function with the other sexes allow for sexual reproduction and gene recombination.

female sex - the phenotypic cluster which produces eggs
male sex - the phenotypic cluster which produces sperm
Bones
Bones
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
the phenotypic cluster which produces eggs
First, this definition plausibly prohibits the transgender philosophy. 

Second, a liberal would ask  "what if an individual possess all the characteristics of a female but cannot produce eggs? 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Bones
Second, a liberal would ask  "what if an individual possess all the characteristics of a female but cannot produce eggs? 
First, I'm a liberal - someone who holds liberty as a primary value, and that is a perfect example of what happens if you back down when definitions are being subverted (changed for dishonest reasons).

The answer would be: If she cannot produce eggs she does not possess all the characteristics, but most. It would behoove one at this point to ask if some features are worth more than others, and in the earth case of genotypic variation causing the sexual dimorphism I would say that feature is 99% because once the genotype is verified all other deviation can be objectively classed as deformity or genetic disease.

It is well known that at some point a woman stops producing eggs, perhaps her ovaries are damaged before their time, but that does not mean her body is no longer the egg producing phenotype. Damaged, exhausted, poorly formed, surgically removed are all fundamentally different from absent because no attempt at formation was made.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Bones
Same old s**t Mr Bones.

Everyone knows the real difference between a complete functionally reproductive  man and a complete functionally reproductive  woman.

Out of 7.9 billion organisms there will undoubtedly be exceptions to the norm.

Some people make a song and dance about the exceptions.....Which I suppose, in a just society is the right and proper thing to do.

Though I would suggest that to accommodate such concerns, it would be better to officially adopt a new moderate tri-gender approach.

Male 

Female

Other.

We could then drop the controversial multi gender LGBTQetc acronym....And simpy replace it with MFO.

In fact just O would be a more accurate representation of the facts.

The L,G and B recreational variants, would simply come under the MF umbrella.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Bones
Even when we drop the sex -hardliners definition, we then are left only with sexist heteronormative gender role definition.

In other words, suddenly we realise that there is no definition of 'woman' that doesn't defy the trans movement and only the sex-based definition allows for anti-heteronormative gender attributes to a woman.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Bones
A woman and only a woman can bear out female and male.

There exists no all males species.

There do exist al female species.

Xx is more complex than Xy pure mathematical lines of relationship alone.

Then there is the synergetic effect ergo resultan emergence that can be known some percentage of the time.

Given equanimity their exists three X chromsomes for every y in Universe.

Given equanimity there exist 8 triangles in complement to every 6 squares of the Vector Equilibrium aka the cubo-octahedron, as created from infolded hexagonals.  LINK  See B

24 radii  and,
24 chords of same vectorial values,
equals equanimity. 

Is this singularity? Is  this end and beginning of space and time, either in black holes are Universe in whole?

No it is not because, Universe is always off center and never in a state equanimity.  XxXy fourness that is not in equanimity.,

The four hexagons in of themselves define 24 internal triangles, and when combined as the 3D Vector Equilibrium, there is additional  8 surface triangles, ergo, a total of 32 stable  triangles, complemented by 6 unstable squares. That is 32:6 ratio. H,mm first time I had ever come to this conclusion.

What this above means is that XxX translates to 32 and y translates as 6.    

What this above also means, is that the four hexagons ---transposesd and a much larger, yet finite, set we call Universe,-----  exist in 2D as four sets of 6 triangles that may exist in isloation from each other ---every here of branes in M theory---  however, we know this not the currently the case, because we see our synergetic existence as 3D plus time existence as 32:6 ratio of non-equanimity.  

Perhaps time is a  synertic resultant of 2D interference.  Woman is the attractor and man is the pusher.  All pushing-out is a resultant of pulling-in phenomena.

The 24 chords, are the binding embracement of 3D-ness plus time, where time, is the unstable squares that allow of flexing, twisting, expansion-contraction.

Female is the stable triangles s of space, whereas,

Male is the unstable  squares of time.

And both are complementaries with the context of the same, 24 circumferential chords.

Space 24 and Time 24. Balanced{ reinforced? } by the internal 24 radii{ skeletal structure }?

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@ebuc
This site is like a stage for you and BrotherD isn't it? Honestly it looks a bit fun, but I think role playing is a better use of your energies; some good stories come out of those and even if it's very silly it's exciting because you shape it.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@ebuc
Ebuc you’re such a square. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Reece101
ebuccube.

Three dimensional.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Five topics regarding what is a woman and trans people suck, should  pretty much put you in a position to know which ones you know are safe to have sex with. Since there really isn't any other reason for a straight guy to care how women define themselves.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
there really isn't any other reason for a straight guy to care how women define themselves.
Who said this topic is specifically how women define themselves? This is also asking how men and genderfluids as well as people too young to be a an adult female, define women.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Reece
@zedvictor4
@ADreamOfLiberty
This site is like a stage for you and BrotherD isn't it?
The macro-infinite and truly non-occupied space and .--.........--  is the background stage for finite, occupied space Universe ---(@)----.  This is fairly simple concept to grasp and the only one that is a rational conclusion of cosmological pathways of thought.

Honestly it looks a bit fun, but I think role playing is a better use of your energies; some good stories come out of those and even if it's very silly it's exciting because you shape it.
Humans { we }have a  role in Universe beyond that of other animals, that, is 4-fold:
1} harvesting of two kinds of informational bits;
...1a} quantum bits of occupied space Universe (@)

...1b} Meta-space bits of mind/intellect/concepts.) i (

2} sorting and catagorizing of incoming bits/bits,

3} winnowing out specific, generalised and special-case functions, patterns, laws, and principles,

4} applying general and special-case technologies in support of   ecological environments and Universe in whole, that support humans and all biological life.

Ex here is collection of occupied space bits in a specific pattern we identify with the word metaphysical and specific set of concepts. Using the exactly the same amount of occupied space, weight mass etc, we can change the letters around as iplmecthspy and we get differrent pattern with no easily discern-able communication  of concept from those collection of bits, whose pattern has been changed.

The medium of bits is not the whole message, and neiither is the pattern alone ---without sufficient context--- the whole message.

Reeece....Ebuc you’re such a square.

Yes I am unstable {90 degree abortion?} time square, based on the my post #10 above.

However, I do have one X set of stablizing triangularity and that is associated with  woman /* *\ consciousness and internalized ovaries of a closed triangle

So now I have two kinds of 2ndary symbolism for man/male  *Y* with as bilateral consciousness and external testes, and the unstable time square [  ]

Zed....ebuccube......Three dimensional.
Area is 2D shape enclosure ergo the triangle mimimal set for shape of space.

Volume { XYZ } only occurs at minimun, when the the three ends of XYZ and are connected and this defines a 3D tetrahedron that has three surface right angles { 90-90-90 } ergo L-L-L

three surface,60 degree angles of the equalteral triangle /\, and,

6 opposing angles of the right-angles, and I'm not sure what those 6 angles are. in considerat of equanimious cube. Maybe 6 45 degree angles.

The total of 12 surface angles--- irrespective of each special-case angle--- of a tetrahedron, is always 720 degrees ergo 2 * 360 { 2D unity OO } = 720.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man are and woman, equaniminous { perfect heaven type sceneraio  } as two 360 degree circles, can be found with the LINK {spherical cube/rhombic dodecahedron } given previously in post #10, wherein, we have 6 great circles, --conceptual spinning of tetraherons edges/chords---  and each set of two has 6 points where 90 degreeness is located since this

Man and woman operationally optimally co-function at 90 degrees to each other can also see s two halves of tetrahedron in parrallel bisection,LINK  wherein they are define to great great circles that are 90 degrees to each other.  This is not to say that great circle as man and great circle as woman cannot be on same plane, but if so and there spin is opposite each other, then smashing into each others is gurrantteed. 

With 90 degreeness we get the broadest spectrum of viewpoint from just to conceptually spun great circles. OO = 720 degrees = minimal geometric structure of Universe, the tetrahedron.

There is also the PI based version of man and woman wherein we find;

woman asscoiated space, as, Pi^3 = 31.00 62 7 66..... . {and take note, that, teh 5-fold icosahedron has 31 primary great circles and many animals have a set of 31 bilatera{ 62 }l spinal nerves

And man as time{ 66.4 } when substract the above 3D 31 from Pi^4 i.e. 97.409091 minous 31.00 62 7 66... = 66.4

So does a square man associate associate with 66.4?   4 * 16.6 = 66.4.  Thats close enough for government work. Thats right all of this time ive been working of the goverrnemt of God/Universe. Ha ha! :--))  

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@zedvictor4
Some people make a song and dance about the exceptions..
I suppose we do not so much disagree about the fact that there are exceptions merely about what should constitute an exception. I think we should make an exception in every case that it is requested unless there is some specific reason not too. 

That even a biological male who retains their male reproductive functionality should be allowed to live as a woman whatever that means to her unless you have some specific rational for discluding her. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
This site is like a stage for you and BrotherD isn't it?
Ebuc is wordy but they're not a troll. The other person mentioned definitely is.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@secularmerlin
A man that lives as a woman is a cosmetic yet socially realistic contradiction of a biologically unrealistic proposition.

So there's Male Female and Other.....And then there are the variety of things that people do to fulfil the innate desire to reproduce.

All within the context of social acceptance, expectation and possibility.

All fine by me.

129 days later

Lair77
Debates: 4
Lair77
It's funny how a lot of people on the internet don't really care about chemistry, biology, medicine, physics, astronomy, etc.

But as soon as it's time to discuss gender, and have a discussion that might possibly marginalize transgendered people, it's time to bring out the gloves and lab coat, eh?

Shila
Shila
If you don’t recognize a woman when you see one, then that person in front of you needs to be defined.
Redefining a woman to include wannabes can only make the task more difficult.