the government shouldn't do anything more to discharge student loans

Author: n8nrgim

Total: 17
n8nrgim
Debates: 0
n8nrgim

they already have a bunch of different types of repayment plans. one of them is even ten percent of your discretionary income per year for no more than ten years. 

they also have rules for those who are disabled to get discharged. 

how is that unfair? there needs to be personal responsibility too. 

why should workers who have no degree be paying for their boss who has a degree? plus all those arguments that it's unfair to those who try to pay themselves. 

i actually dont like part of the above ten percent scheme, cause it could encourage students to take too much out, knowing it will get discharged. 
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
the government should regulate tuition costs to keep them reasonable. and they should make sure student loans dont hurt people's credit reports. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
There are also programs where if you go into certain fields like special education teacher or community corrections / law enforcement but you can have so much of your loan discharge.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
If you join the military and serve for a certain period of time, it all goes away too.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
there's a cap on the gi bill, you can't just spend an unlimited amount.
badger
badger
I paid like 6k for 4 years of college. In a lot of countries it's less that. In Germany, it's zero plus all your public transport free plus interest free loans. We also all get free healthcare. Everyone's on board. It's obvious this is how things should be. These are the things we want everyone to have. We all put in. 

I guess we don't got any black people. I wouldn't want them having free college or healthcare either. 

badger
badger
I read some study before that showed that psychopaths leveraged and abused the idea of fairness more than the ordinary person and so I guess manage an unfairness in fairness. Not that we have to throw out the idea of fairness, but.

Excusing absurd debt is a good thing. Making it so that no one else incurs absurd debt is the next thing you do. 
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@badger
there's nothing abusive or excessive about asking people to pay ten percent of their discretionary income for ten years if they borrowed enough to warrant it. 
badger
badger
-->
@n8nrgim
You lot should ball up your whole system and throw it in the bin. But that's not fair to your mom who sucked all that cock to get you through college. From now on college admission should be one cock sucked.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@badger
you need to seek professional help 
badger
badger
-->
@n8nrgim
I need your mom to suck my cock.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@badger
just like i thought, you have no coherent arguments. my argument is pretty good, so all you can counter with, is drivel. 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@n8nrgim
the government should regulate tuition costs to keep them reasonable. and they should make sure student loans dont hurt people's credit reports. 
Definitely the wrong answer. Let me explain how "social democracy" works:

(A) Government says X privilege is a right
(B) Government makes departments handing out stolen money and regulations making X easier to get as a "compromise"
(C) X is still had through an open market, the artificial government made increase in effective demand increases the price
People flagellate because X is a supposedly a right and now it's becoming harder to get!
Government hands out even more stolen money, makes even more regulations
....rinse and repeat until:
(X)Price of X is so insanely and "inexplicably high" that people start calling for the X industry to be subject to price fixing, and then nationalization.
(Z) Government (whose policies caused the price) throw up their hands with an evil grin [guess what, price fixing and nationalization don't improve supply]

Rail transport, housing, healthcare, education, and in some non-US examples food

Overwhelming evidence.

If people want affordable college again they need to stop rewarding colleges charging absurd tuition for useless degrees.

Now as for this student loan forgiveness stuff, a very very important question as to the practical effects depends on who is left with the bill.

Paying the loans off with tax money = maximum evil and maximum damage
Telling the lenders that the government scammed them (yes it was the government, who do you think backs these things or provides them directly) = minimum damage, minimum evil
Telling the universities to give the money back = medium damage, medium evil
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@n8nrgim
the government should regulate tuition costs to keep them reasonable. 
Why should the government get to do that to private entities? Especially when they don't do it in the medical system.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
this is what you said when you were suppose to make a conclusive argument..
"(Z) Government (whose policies caused the price) throw up their hands with an evil grin [guess what, price fixing and nationalization don't improve supply]"

i dont know why you think that passes as an argument. it's a very esoteric statement and i'm not sure exactly what you are trying to get at. 
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
i'm not sure about private colleges. but either way, i've always said the government should regulate healthcare costs too, so it's not like i'm being hypocritical. (every other developed country spends half as much as we do, primarily by regulating healthcare costs)
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@n8nrgim
There are no arguments in this thread OP included.