The Truth is Out There

Author: FLRW

Total: 14
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
While the first congressional hearing on UFOs in more than 50 years didn’t reveal the existence of extraterrestrial life, it did affirm that the U.S. military is taking sightings of unknown craft seriously as a national security threat.
A House Intelligence Counterterrorism, Counterintelligence, and Counterproliferation Subcommittee hearing convened Tuesday morning with a 90-minute public session that was followed by closed-door testimony later in the day.
“Unidentified aerial phenomena (UAPs) are a potential national security threat and they need to be treated that way,” Rep. André Carson, D-Ind., said at the beginning of the hearing, referring to the preferred technical term for unidentified flying objects or UFOs.
“For too long, the stigma associated with UAPs has gotten in the way of good intelligence analysis,” he added. “Pilots avoided reporting or were laughed at when they did. DOD officials relegated the issues to the backroom or swept it under the rug entirely, fearful of a skeptical national security community.
“Today, we know better,” Carson continued. “UAPs are unexplained, it’s true, but they are real. They need to be investigated, and any threats they pose need to be mitigated.”
FLRW
FLRW

People say I look like Fox Mulder. I bet Poly looks like Dana Scully.
FLRW
FLRW

OK badger, they say I look more like Walter Skinner.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@FLRW
My father did UFO investigations for Air Force Intelligence for 2 years and never investigated a case he couldn't explain.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@oromagi

I had a friend whose father did UFO investgations too. He also said  that he  never investigated a case he couldn't explain.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
Is Oromagi your friend?

And anyway, If one is sufficiently technologically adept at crossing hundreds of light years of space.

Then why dither about at the last minute and just flash your lights?

Hmmmmmm, and in my dreams too, Poly is just like Scully.

But don't say I said so, because I will probably get a misconduct report.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
The 50's UFO hype was top-secret but at 50 years 2000, was released.  I saw the doc of dude who was part of the military  in New Mexico area 51 etc and he states, that the wierd symbols on some allumin stuff ---and other---  was actuall christmas tinzel from around that time, that they used on these weather ballon-like tests etc they were doing. I could probably find that doc, if I search enough. It was on PBS or Discover or whatever. I think I may have had direct tv  the time so hard to say what programming it was on.

The Day the Earth Stood Still is imaginary conspiracy hype. The only thing standing still is  some peoples ability use common sense.

Zed states it correctly, no one is traveling light speed for millions of light years, just to sit around undetected not say hi, we are your leaders now.

These irrational conspiracy types like it to be spooky   --extra-terrestrial who invade our bodies and pretend to be your neighbor etc.

Conspiracies exist, just not ones involving intelligent life from out there.

FLRW
FLRW

I bet ebuc looks like  Harry Vanderspeigle on Resident Alien.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@zedvictor4

My friends father worked for Project Blue Book

According to the Air Force, Project Blue Book ultimately concluded that: 
  • no UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force was ever an indication of threat to our national security;
  • no evidence submitted to or discovered by the Air Force indicated that “unidentified” sightings represented technological developments or principles beyond the range of modern scientific knowledge; and
  • no evidence indicated that sightings categorized as "unidentified" were extraterrestrial vehicles.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
Of course, everything remains unidentified until we are able to identify it.

So once we know it's a hypersonic missile with a million tonne nuclear warhead.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!.

14 days later

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@oromagi
My father did UFO investigations for Air Force Intelligence for 2 years and never investigated a case he couldn't explain.
Do you think he'd break security clearance for you to be in on the truth? Genuinely curious if you think this or not, you know him better than I.

As a flat earther, I know the aliens are outside our construct anyway, they just leave UFO sightings as intentional clues, I predict.
Kritikal
Debates: 9
Kritikal
The entire UFO story is wrong, and there wasn't even a program named AATIP.
I kind of hope there are UFOs, but I doubt that any of the evidence we have so far actually points to it. 

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Kritikal
Actually there was. The Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP) was an unclassified but unpublicized investigatory effort funded by the United States Government to study unidentified flying objects (UFOs) or unexplained aerial phenomena .The program was first made public on December 16, 2017. The program began in 2007, with funding of $22 million over the five years until the available appropriations were ended in 2012. The program began in the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency.
According to the Department of Defense, the AATIP ended in 2012 after five years, however reporting suggested that U.S. government programs to investigate UFOs continued. This was confirmed in June 2020 with the acknowledgement of a similar military program, the unclassified but previously-unreported Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force.
Luis Elizondo, who was the AATIP program director, went on to work for To The Stars... Academy of Arts & Science in 2017.
Kritikal
Debates: 9
Kritikal
-->
@FLRW
Let me elaborate, AAWSAP was an actual program that studied many things including UFOs, although the vast majority of the program (97%) focused on paranormal activity. The first reporting on the program was carried out by UFO enthusiasts who left out the crazier aspects of the program. AATIP was the nickname that Luis Elizando gave to the program. The actual AAWSAP program primarly focused on investigating paranormal activity at skinwalker ranch, owned by Robert Bigelow who is a major fincial supporter of senator Harry Reid who was responsible for creating the program. Bigelow profited greatly from the whole thing, which is likely the reason the program even existed in the first place.