On the fence

Author: sadolite

Total: 30
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
I created this thread for people who will definitely vote for a Democrat Presidential candidate to appeal to others who may be on the fence as to why they should vote for a Democrat Presidential candidate in the next Presidential election. We can also include the midterms coming up. If possible please focus on the policies that you think would benefit the possible would be voter. Please refrain from useless political narratives about opposing ideologies  or people. They  already know you don't like them. What would they be voting for. Focus on fiscal, foreign and domestic policies. 
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
This country is less united for each decade since probably the 80's. Maybe even everything the president does there will be close to 50% people disagreeing that it wouldn't be different because people will still like it and people will still hate it.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Intelligence_06
Um the goal of the thread is to get people who are on the fence to vote Democrat by pointing out Democrat policies that would benefit the the potential voter.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
So as to not vote Trump, to Santos etc.  These majority of these republicans are immoral to core of the bone if not their bone marrow.

Morality and intelligence of what is best for humanity ---not just USA--- is at core of moral belief system.

'War is obsolete'...Bucky Fuller 1969...yet somehow, some countries have not yet gotten that message clearly.

Financial begins with less greed. 

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@sadolite
"On the fence"

Why is the topic statement this?

Also, sitting on the fence makes your butt hurt. Standing on the fence makes your legs sore.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Intelligence_06
Thus far not a single reason to vote "FOR" a Democrat. But rather two people who don't understand the OP bases on their responses.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
If the abortion issue hits the fan and they get overturn Roe I will vote Democrat for the first time in my life. If your pro-choice there is no other choice. And I at this point have sworn off voting. They have not run any decent candidates in either party for years I vote Libertarian every year. And I realized it doesn't do anything so if I can't vote for someone then I'm just not going to vote at all. For the first time since I was 18 I did not vote in a local/state election. I just don't see the point in it. But I'm telling you right now I will vote Democrat down the line for Roe.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
 I will vote Democrat down the line for Roe.
Today's Democrats can't even define what a woman is. There's zero chance you voting for a Democrat today will produce Federal abortion on demand laws anytime in your lifetime.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
So fiscal, energy, foreign policy issues are just meaningless side line issues for you. You only consider one issue when voting and you just throw the baby out with the bath water if that issue isn't the top issue for who ever you vote for?
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@sadolite
At this point it's the only thing that's going to get me to a voting booth.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@sadolite
It's also funny how post menopausal women think abortion policy affects them.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Greyparrot
I know you don't care about women but I do. Whether or not abortion affects me at this point in my life, which it still could, I'm not going to abandon women who are younger and need abortion to be legal and safe and easily obtainable.
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@sadolite
Democratic policies:

Improve maternal mortality rates;

Reduce teen pregnancies;

Decrease abortion rates;

Reduce STI rates;

Decrease deaths from gun violence;

Increase voter turnout/prevent voter supression;

Maintain a separation of state and religion (religious freedom is possible only if government is free from religion)

Provide crucial protections of individuals/environment through regulation of business/industry

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
"You know I don't care about women"   You don't know what I think. I am just stating that voting only based on one issue seems self defeating and short sighted.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@SkepticalOne
I would call those political platitudes, I don't know how one would create a policy that would achieve any of that.  Nearly all of those are personal behavior problems. With the exception of the last two.
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@sadolite
I don't know how one would create a policy that would achieve any of that

Okay. The first 5 are demonstrable outcomes of  democratic policies. Legalized abortion and comprehensive sex ed achieve the first 4, with assualt weapons ban responsible for the 5th. The last 3 on my list could be accepted solely as a benefit of not endorsing another party's policies, but the Democratic party has sought to pass national voting right laws and regulation of business (through innumerable policies) has historically made the lives of citizens safer. 

As with all things, if a fence sitter isn't concerned with the overarching motivations of these policies, they aren't likely to be swayed by these outcomes or the potential for them.
FLRW
FLRW

Worm Man votes Republican. Intelligent Man votes Democrat. This is why Trump became a Republican when he wanted to run for President.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
Healthcare is a right and Republican s want to repeal obamacare without offering a replacement

Gun control is effective and Republicans refuse to pony up

Global warming is a serious threat

The government has a place in promoting alt energy

The minimum wage needs to increase

Free trade isn't always best

Libertarians r clowns and least with a dem u know u don't have to worry... Tho both parties r status quo these days

I could go on and on. A lot of these ideas r based on science and logic that the conservatives here r too stupid to understand, so I'll just keep this more like a list
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
Dems represent fairer elections

Dems r generally better on environment

Republicans run up the debt with irrational tax cuts mostly for rich

The rich should be taxed more
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Worm Man votes Republican. Intelligent Man votes Democrat. This is why Trump became a Republican when he wanted to run for President.
If intelligent Democrats voted in Biden, I would hate to see what happens when Democrat worms gain power.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@n8nrgmi
Healthcare is not all right. But I do believe America should have every child under the age of 18 insured whether their parents have insurance or not that's how they should have started that they should have insured every child under 18 if the parents wanted to opt out because they had insurance they could and when people saw how it worked they might have accepted universal health care. Problem is when the government gets their hands on something it tends to just get completely f***** up.
sadolite
sadolite
So far a few substantive points but mostly insults, character assassination and biased platitudes. Nothing really to base any kind of educated decision on.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@sadolite
I listed ten issues. Can u name ten issues to vote republican? If all u do is list the opposite of what I do, that's the opposite of educated. There's a reason republicans r known as not the party of science. 

Also, I can list a less convincing list of reasons to vote Republican. Objectively, there r pros and cons to both sides. If u can't find reasons to vote ur opposite that says more about u than ur argument... u r obviously blinded by ideology.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@n8nrgmi
I haven't listed anything or suggested anyone vote for anyone. I said a few points were made. Sorry if your all ate up because I didn't mention you by name. But then again you resorted to insults at the end of your list, and me personally, "generally don't" consider or acknowledge people who do that. Also most of your list is platitudes, not real policy that can be measured or examined to make an educated decision by a would be voter in my opinion. I didn't start this thread to convince anyone to vote for anyone, I started it for other people to do that. My responses are just critiques of the responses. Such as mostly platitudes and insults , ect. I am responding to all responses collectively.

Libertarians r clowns 

conservatives here r too stupid to understand,

From someone looking from the outside reading this makes you quite the insulting , condescending asshole. Just sayin
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
Firstly, one would hope that all Americans are democratic.

Secondly those that subscribe to a political party named for democrats, would have undoubtedly voted for them.

Just as those who subscribe to a political party named for conservatism, would undoubtedly have voted for them.

As ever you forget that the silent majority of American voters, do not choose to wear such labels.

And when push came to shove and a choice between an Orange Clown and the very old but wiser guy....The silent majority decided that aged wisdom was preferable to tanned foolishness.

So we await the next Presidential circus with bated breath, as William Shakespeare would have said.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
old but wiser guy

Oh!  he was definitely a "wiseguy" as you would expect from the son of a used auto mogul.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
The biggest reason for me is the poor and minorities.

If you are in any way special needs, a minority ethnicity, minority sexuality or sexual orientation and essentially anybody who is tossed aside by society (including redneck farmers who vote Republican to their own demise), the Democrats and Left Wing are going to protect you more.

This goes way beyond singular policies and unfortunately Bill Clinton did a shit job of showing merciful law enforcement on blacks but if you look at modern time Democrats and understand Left Wing vs Right Wing dynamics and think of the snowball effect... It will be a dream come true.

Public healthcare is a dream that will take at leasr two terms of Dems to make happen, not having to live with life-threatening conditions due to multiple thousands of dollars charge for fixing it. 

Texas has just lost so many schoolchildren to another lunatic that got hold of a easy to rapid-fire gun. Both him having little access to therapy and the fact he shot so brutally with easy access to firearms would be different in a Dem-led society. The teachers and children having guns won't solve a thing, these lunatics are ready to die while killing. Dems also push for a society that bullies less and doesn't create such monsters as much.

Republicans are not just racist and merciless to the poor, notice that their entire Campaign strategy is always about who they are against and never what they stand for. Get a sense of politics, drop the disinformation-led pro-Right conspiracy thinking and rethink your approach to politics.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
I haven't seen the Democrats or Republicans ever take up mental health as a issue they feel is important and needs to be addressed.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
I haven't seen the Democrats or Republicans ever take up mental health as a issue they feel is important and needs to be addressed. And a group that Republicans should champion who have a lot of mental health issues that they don't are those in the foster care system. And I've seen very little decent policy from Democrats on that either. It's a money game and let's be honest minority populations aren't where the money is.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Greyparrot
We're all sons and daughters of someone.