Curious facts about witchcraft that.....

Author: Stephen

Total: 67
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
..... will keep you spellbound.

1 If you were accused of being a witch a few centuries ago you could expect to be persecuted, tortured, and burned at the stake. Heresy and black magic were simply not tolerated. But many of those who met a fiery end were totally innocent and died purely because of their religious beliefs.

2 According to science and history, there's no such thing as a witch. Those hapless souls accused of witchcraft and who ended up being burned at the stake had no ties whatsoever to Paganism, dark practices, or heresy. In fact, the only thing these witches, warlocks, and heretics were guilty of was that they weren't Protestant or Catholic.

3 Witch hysteria took off in the mid-1400s and continued until the beginning of the 18th century. Many innocent people were burned at the stake just for looking different or behaving oddly. The checklist for a suspected witch included innocuous things like having a wart, a hairy lip, a squint, or a birthmark. [and a big giant hooter that pokes in where it has no reason to].

4 Those unfortunate enough to possess the so-called characteristics of a witch were instantly condemned to a fiery and painful end, usually in full public view. It is estimated that 40,000 to 50,000 people were killed like this during this period in history.

5  However, some historians suggest this figure could be as high as 200,000 as many of the accused were torched away from the public arena.

There are 25 more reasons in the link for those that may be interested and  can be bothered to turn the page... I can't.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Stephen
many "witches" were homeless beggar women who would "put a curse on you" if you refused to help them

The tiny town of Ellwangen, Germany, burned 393 witches from 1611 to 1618, more than Spain and Portugal combined ever executed. The Catholic prince-bishop of Würzburg, Germany, burned 600 witches from 1628 to 1631, more witches than ever died in Protestant Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Iceland combined. [**]

A Saudi woman, Amina bin Salem Nasser, was executed for being convicted of practicing sorcery and witchcraft in December 2011 in Al Jawf Region, and a Sudanese man (Abdul Hamid Bin Hussain Bin Moustafa al-Fakki) was executed in a car park in Medina for the same reason in 20 September 2011. [**]

also,

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@3RU7AL
It is the mindset of the time that always strikes me when reading the subject of Witches.

The bible as you know is no exception;  "Exodus 22:18 - Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." Exodus 22:18
Also the mindset hadn't changed since exodus some 7000 years later.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Stephen
Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
it kinda puts a different spin on the whole thing when you realize they were mostly just homeless people

a lot like this,

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen
@Tradesecret

Stephen,

Lest we forget, my faith of TRUE Christianity states that ALL witches are to be killed or cut off from their people,  and are despised  by Jesus as explicitly shown by by a few examples of many shown below:

“Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God."(Leviticus 19:31)

“You shall not permit a sorceress to live." (Exodus 22:18)

“A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them.” (Leviticus 20:27)

"If a person turns to mediums and necromancers, whoring after them, I will set my face against that person and will cut him off from among his people." (Leviticus 20:6)

"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)

" Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:19-21)

"And he burned his sons as an offering in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, and used fortune-telling and omens and sorcery, and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger. (2 Chronicles 33:6)

"Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood." (Revelation 22:15)

SIDEBAR:  What is comical and an irony is the FACT that Miss Tradesecret has so many excuses not to address topics like this one, that she couldn't address in the first place, other than to RUN AWAY from them, therefore her ungodly presence within this forum is all for naught and a waste of time! LOL!!!

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
TRUE Christianity states that ALL witches are to be killed
but how do you know which are the REAL witches and which are the fakes ?
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@3RU7AL

3RU7AL,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE TO MY GODLY POST #5: "but how do you know which are the REAL witches and which are the fakes ?"

Well, we can only assume that finding real witches is in the same manner as finding a woman not to be a virgin within her fathers house, therefore being promiscuous, therefore they are to die by stoning them to death, praise Jesus' ever loving and forgiving nature!

"If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found,  she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you." (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
SIDEBAR:  What is comical and an irony is the FACT that Miss Tradesecret has so many excuses not to address topics like this one, that she couldn't address in the first place, other than to RUN AWAY from them, therefore her ungodly presence within this forum is all for naught and a waste of time! LOL!!!

Well I couldn't stop grinning at his caveat on his return from self imposed exile, Brother D.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Stephen
The mindset as in.
They believed in witchcraft back then?  

You can picture johnny doing a google search in the year 3000.  (  WHAT WHERE PEOPLE LIKE IN THE YEAR 2000 )   

A slight chuckle will occur.   
When they read  .    ( They believed in gods back then ) 
Thus making what we thought of very little importance.

But ummm yeah.
Witches  
I have a sneaky suspicion that.
It would of been easy to play tricks on people back then.
You could probably tie a rope to a door and pull it shut whilst you said something about someone and scared alot of people. 

Magic tricks
I mean.  You can get someone drunk and chop their hair off when they sleep. 
Connect that up with someone you dislike.   
Obviously they are a witch. 
Kill em. 
Get them away.   
And that aint even magic. 

There would have to of been some.. "  off the chart gullibility levels  " 
I believe. 

I've thought of many easy tricks you can play on people to get them to tend to your crops. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
One could of made up heaps off shit back before the Encyclopedia Britannica. 
Pre EB.
Or Before National geographic.  
Pre  NG
Or Before Dolly doctor 
Pre  DD
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
You can picture johnny doing a google search in the year 3000.  (  WHAT WHERE PEOPLE LIKE IN THE YEAR 2000 )   

A slight chuckle will occur.   
When they read  .    ( They believed in gods back then ) 
Thus making what we thought of very little importance.
exactly
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
It's sad to think the only way atheists can be content is if theists no longer exist.  Maybe you guys can come up with a way to take us out then you could have a world that you feel you can be happy and free in. It's sad to think that you can't go through your whole day without thinking about the fact that somebody somewhere doesn't think like you. How horrible it must be when you have an immediate family member like a spouse or a child who has any interest in spirituality that you have to look at them and talk to them and have meals with them when they're just disgusting theists. That you sit while you're eating and look at them and think someday you people will no longer exist. But I'm evil and I'm horrible and I'm lower than you. It would be funny if it wasn't probably the scariest thing if people took any time to really sit and think about it.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
It's sad to think the only way atheists can be content is if theists no longer exist.  Maybe you guys can come up with a way to take us out then you could have a world that you feel you can be happy and free in. It's sad to think that you can't go through your whole day without thinking about the fact that somebody somewhere doesn't think like you. How horrible it must be when you have an immediate family member like a spouse or a child who has any interest in spirituality that you have to look at them and talk to them and have meals with them when they're just disgusting theists. That you sit while you're eating and look at them and think someday you people will no longer exist. But I'm evil and I'm horrible and I'm lower than you. It would be funny if it wasn't probably the scariest thing if people took any time to really sit and think about it.
many atheists are very spiritual

Alan Watts is a good example

Terence McKenna is another good example
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
There would have to of been some.. "  off the chart gullibility levels  " 
well stated
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@3RU7AL
Two whole people, as you continue to pat people who are anti-theists on their back. Don't bother adding insult to injury. Everyone who posts here knows better.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Two whole people, as you continue to pat people who are anti-theists on their back. Don't bother adding insult to injury. Everyone who posts here knows better.
how many examples do you need ?

i consider myself a DEIST GNOSTIC and TAOIST who happens to be UNCONVINCED of the utility of subscribing to any particular THEISTIC (personality based) GOD(S)
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@3RU7AL
many atheists are very spiritual.

I 100% agree.

The Witch wrote: Two whole people, as you continue to pat people who are anti-theists on their back. Don't bother adding insult to injury. Everyone who posts here knows better.
3RU7AL wrote: how many examples do you need ?

i consider myself a DEIST GNOSTIC and TAOIST who happens to be UNCONVINCED of the utility of subscribing to any particular THEISTIC (personality based) GOD(S)

I believe all the characters in the bible existed. I believe all the stories in the bible - minus the so called miracles. I think that makes me a theist that refuses to believe in  miracles.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
And atheists call us liars. Funny no one believed anything until about six months ago. LOL. Now every previous atheist has a belief system. Worried about being banned is a shitty reason to post lies. You are the mod favorites here. 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
And [SOME] atheists call us liars.

perhaps, but not ALL ATHEISTS
Stephen
Stephen
@ the Witch

And atheists call us liars.

Only when they do lie  and continue to make unsupported claims, lie about others, use double stands and are blatant hypocrites, Witch. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Curious facts about witches. 

They are really really nasty and mean.   
Alllllllllll the time. 

They rarely cackle. 

Ha,,,,,  Cackle.
Thats a fun word. 
Cackle.

But on a more serious note guys.  

PLEASE DON'T BE ALARMED BUT..
I can't help but feel that the poly witch may have just performed a spell of sorts to harm us. 
did you feel it ?   Something is about to happen I'm sure of it. 
So please  Make sure your salt circle is unbroken.  
I think every couple of hours or so we need to check in with each other ? 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I can't help but feel that the poly witch may have just performed a spell of sorts to harm us. 

I don't know about any spells Deb, But she does say that  posting here is- for her the equivalent of " taking a shit!. #140 Or maybe she was referring to her "unblocking herself"#26 in the exercise of  the "attuning".

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Yesssssssssss   Crises adverted. 
3 and a 3. 
I just rolled a double on my first chuck 

We got lucky this time. 

On the Internet ,  Trolls are way more powerful then  Witches. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Stephen
The was exactly  first thing that come into my head of someone being blocked Was constipation.
Not a blocked chimney. 

▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•▪○°•

Chimney 
Chimney.
I thought it was  Chimberly. 

Imagine a sentence with ( Chimney ) and ( Cackle ) in it.   

64 days later

Shila
Shila
Witches are mostly women. Seeing a broom between the legs of a woman turns them into bitches. 
Torching witches is harder to explain. But the Bible stoned women for adultery. One can see burning witches as an evolution of this gruesome acts.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Notice how it doesn't take the atheist long to fall back on anti-semitism, bigotry, death threats and rape jokes.  👍
Shila
Shila
Polytheist-Witch
Notice how it doesn't take the atheist long to fall back on anti-semitism, bigotry, death threats and rape jokes.  👍

atheist definition: a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Shila
Witches are mostly women.

All witches are women.  The equivalent for a man is a Warlock.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Stephen
All witches are women.  The equivalent for a man is a Warlock.
witchcraft are mostly associated with witches.
Witch hunt mostly target witches.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
🤣🤣🤣 Morons.