Real witchcraft vs. Politics

Author: Polytheist-Witch

Total: 11
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Any halfway intelligent person is well aware that the genuine practicing of witchcraft was not in any way associated with the "Witch Hunts" in history. Men and women who had in some way made enemies with those in political or religious positions were murdered using the term witch to kill them. While some of these people may have engaged in practices that were once done in the community by witches such as midwifing or herbal healing there's no proof they practiced genuine witchcraft. Most were probably Christian practitioners who were honoring and continuing a skill that they were taught by a parent. The term witch is still used as a negative in political and religious speech to target mostly women but also men who are outside or considered an enemy of that political/ religious persuasion. What does this have to do with the modern practicing of witchcraft? That people in general still view that practice as evil or somehow negative. And that the people engaging in it are evil and negative. This holds true in regards to atheism as well even though witchcraft is a series of practices and that it's an atheistic practice and that gods are not necessary to engage in it. It is still considered woo woo by non- spiritual atheist and the target put on a person who calls themselves a witch is done by both political / religious enemies as well as atheism. I'm attaching a video that was done by an archaeologist who is also participates in a variety of pagan practices. It explains how the genuine practice of witchcraft has been demonized and uses a political tool to hurt and kill people who were probably in no way shape or form engaging in what would be considered witchcraft by those actually practicing. 

BrotherD.Thomas
Debates: 0
BrotherD.Thomas

Polytheist-Witch,

SILENCE WOMAN!  (Timothy 2:12)

Barring your child-like mumbo jumbo in your initial post of this thread, and since your Modus Operandi is that of a "Witch," and you are in a Religion Forum where Christianity abounds, then Jesus' inspired words say that you are to be done away with as this profound link so states:  https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/7636-curious-facts-about-witchcraft-that?page=1&post_number=5

Why don't you save yourself from further embarrassment within this forum, and instead, frequent the following Witch-Craft Forum instead, okay?

NEXT DUMBFOUNDED WITCH LIKE "POLYTHEIST-WITCH" THAT REMAINS IN THIS FORUM WITH THEIR CONTINUED EMBARRASSMENT, WILL BE ...?

PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
You have a few open witches during the Salem witch trials. One I know was ignored despite trying to get people to kill her it seems, while at least another one who was open about it was killed. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
SILENCE WOMAN!  (Timothy 2:12)
Paul did not write Timothy. It's pseudepigrapha -- a forgery, basically.

Paul wrote at a time when the church was still forming, and women were valuable contributors to the movement. He greets women in his letters, commends them for their service, and even talks about them praying and prophesying in church as if this is a common and accepted practice. He recognizes Junia as a fellow apostle, and identifies Phoebe as a deacon. These are leadership positions that definitely required a woman to *not* be silent.

So what's with the misogyny in Timothy? Most scholars agree on the answer: Paul did not write Timothy. It was probably written after Paul was already dead, at a time when the church had become more institutionalized and patriarchal, and less accepting of women in leadership roles. The unknown author of Timothy simply writes in Paul's name to give authority to his rhetoric. In reality, he was just some sexist rando.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Castin

Castin,

YOUR QUOTE OF BLASPHEME: "Paul did not write Timothy. It's pseudepigrapha -- a forgery, basically."

How dare you propose that what the JUDEO-Christian Bible promotes is a forgery in Timothy!  You therefore are guilty of the following inspired by Jesus passages:

"I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel not that there is another gospel, but there are some who are confusing you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ." (Galations 1-6)

“EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)

YOUR SATANIC QUOTE OF WOMEN NOT TO BE SILENT IN CHURCH: "These are leadership positions that definitely required a woman to *not* be silent."

WRONG! What did we expect from a Hell bound Atheist like you!  

"The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says."  (1 Corinthians 14:34)

YOUR QUOTE IN CHANGING YOUR MIND: "at a time when the church had become more institutionalized and patriarchal, and less accepting of women in leadership roles."

TRUE Christians like myself have to accept the biblical FACT that women are 2nd class citizens at best.  They were put upon the earth in the beginning as a helpmate for man (Genesis 2:18) and are to be ruled by man with his authority over the woman (Ephesians 5:22-24), notwithstanding, and as the JUDEO-Christian bible promotes, there will be NO woman in heaven, since we had to put up with the woman while upon earth, praise Jesus!

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Witchcraft is a myth.

Though some people take myths seriously.
Castin
Castin
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
You are committing the error of assuming that the Bible is univocal -- that is, that it speaks with one consistent voice.

The Bible is not univocal but polyvocal -- it speaks with many voices, not all of which agree. Every argument built upon univocality begins from a false presupposition.

I've been meaning to make a thread about univocality for a while, but I've been too busy/lazy as per usual. Eh, maybe tomorrow.

“EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)
"Every word of God proves true" is probably a better translation. Yet he does lie (1 Kings 22:23) and he does make false promises (2 Kings 3).

"The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says."  (1 Corinthians 14:34)
While Paul did write 1 Corinthians, this particular passage is an interpolation. That is, a sneaky scribe inserted this passage into the text as he was making copies of Paul's work. These little shits did this all the time.

Scholars' reasons for believing this are as follows:

• Before this passage, Paul openly speaks of women praying and prophesying in church (1 Cor 11:5). He probably wouldn't acknowledge women speaking in church and then immediately forbid them from speaking in church. Strike one.
  • Paul cites "the Law" here, which is uncharacteristic of his ideology -- he believed in justification through faith, not the law. Appealing to the law for authority is simply non-Pauline. Strike two.
  • If you remove this passage from the text, it flows perfectly; the passage is, in fact, intrusive. Strike three.
  • The passage moves around in different ancient manuscripts; sometimes it appears at 14:34 and others after 14:40. This is a tell-tale sign of interpolation, a.k.a. tampering by little shits. Strike four.
Conclusion: Paul did not say that.

TRUE Christians like myself have to accept the biblical FACT that women are 2nd class citizens at best.  They were put upon the earth in the beginning as a helpmate for man (Genesis 2:18) and are to be ruled by man with his authority over the woman (Ephesians 5:22-24), notwithstanding, and as the JUDEO-Christian bible promotes, there will be NO woman in heaven, since we had to put up with the woman while upon earth, praise Jesus!
Hey, you won't catch me denying that the Bible treats women badly. But for his time period, Paul actually doesn't seem to be all that sexist. He believed in the traditional family structure of his time, which is hardly surprising, but he wrote that in Christ, there is no male or female (Gal 3:28). His preference was for men and women to never have sex or marry, but to be celibate servants of Christ like him.

He openly respected women who did this, and at the very least, you have the task of explaining passages like this:

• I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a deacon of the church at Cenchreae, so that you may welcome her in the Lord as is fitting for the saints, and help her in whatever she may require from you, for she has been a benefactor of many and of myself as well. (Romans 16:1-2)
  • Greet Andronicus and Junia, my relatives who were in prison with me; they are prominent among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was. (Romans 16:7)
"Let a woman be silent" is simply not something that goes back to any recognized Christian authority. It goes back to anonymous tamperers -- and their (this is just speculation) small, small penises.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Castin
@Tradesecret

Castin,

YOUR QUOTE TO THE PASSAGE ABOVE: "Conclusion: Paul did not say that."

MY GODLY AND BIBLICAL RESPONSE:   Bottom line, the above passage still resides within the Bible as written, and is further supported by Jesus' inspired words herewith: "Knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit." (2 Peter 1-20-21)

YOUR QUOTE: "Paul actually doesn't seem to be all that sexist"

Surely you jest!  You can't be more sexist than this passage written by Paul: “But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ and the head of the woman is man, For the man is not of the women; but the woman of the man.” (1Corinthians 11: 3,8 ) 

Castin, even though you are a hell bound Atheist upon your demise, please don't try to be as dumbfounded of the Bible as Miss Tradesecret shows us to be all the time, okay?  Thank you.

Castin
Castin
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Christians cling to what the Bible says to protect their faith. You cling to what the Bible says to protect your hate.

This is not an improvement.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Castin
@Tradesecret

Castin,

YOUR INSIDIOUS QUOTE TO ME: "Christians cling to what the Bible says to protect their faith. You cling to what the Bible says to protect your hate.
This is not an improvement."

Tell me if you've heard of this adage before, you are assuming as a premise the conclusion in which you wish to reach, get it Hell bound Atheist?!

The only thing that I hate relative to Christianity, is in how outright STUPID of the faith some of its members actually are!  Who comes to mind first and foremost, is the #1 Bible Stupid fool Miss Tradesecret, where I have had to correct her Bible ignorance ad infinitum!  Understood?

As anyone with at least one brain cell can see is that Miss Tradesecret is guilty of the following inspired words of Jesus;  "Always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth." (2 Timothy 3:7) 

64 days later

Shila
Shila
Any halfway intelligent person is well aware that the genuine practicing of witchcraft was not in any way associated with the "Witch Hunts" in history. Men and women who had in some way made enemies with those in political or religious positions were murdered using the term witch to kill them. While some of these people may have engaged in practices that were once done in the community by witches such as midwifing or herbal healing there's no proof they practiced genuine witchcraft. Most were probably Christian practitioners who were honoring and continuing a skill that they were taught by a parent. The term witch is still used as a negative in political and religious speech to target mostly women but also men who are outside or considered an enemy of that political/ religious persuasion. What does this have to do with the modern practicing of witchcraft? That people in general still view that practice as evil or somehow negative. And that the people engaging in it are evil and negative. This holds true in regards to atheism as well even though witchcraft is a series of practices and that it's an atheistic practice and that gods are not necessary to engage in it. It is still considered woo woo by non- spiritual atheist and the target put on a person who calls themselves a witch is done by both political / religious enemies as well as atheism. I'm attaching a video that was done by an archaeologist who is also participates in a variety of pagan practices. It explains how the genuine practice of witchcraft has been demonized and uses a political tool to hurt and kill people who were probably in no way shape or form engaging in what would be considered witchcraft by those actually practicing. 

The majority of Christians support Trump because they believe the attacks on Trump is nothing but a Witch Hunt.
Trump has demonstrated he used his witch powers to win the presidential elections 2016 which to many was impossible. Trump had a record of filing bankruptcies.
The only reason many  think Trump is a witch is because he has small hands.