The "In other news thread"

Author: sadolite

Total: 32
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
In 2018 Dick's Sporting Goods stopped selling AR-15's to help save children's lives.

Yesterday they said they will  fund employee abortions which will "end children's lives"
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
What children?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
The children you think are not children inside a mothers womb.  But seriously  everyone knows children are delivered by storks.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@sadolite
They're not children until they're born. Even if they were delivered by storks they're not children until they're delivered by the store. In this case the stork is the woman carrying the fetus. Words mean things and pro-life morons use words that are loaded and aren't appropriate for the situation. It's called being dishonest or lying. We've established your history with that.
sadolite
sadolite
"They're not children until they're born."  Is that a scientific fact you are willing to bet your own life on.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@sadolite
This has nothing to do with science this has to do with when someone is legally considered a person. When someone is legally considered to have rights and when someone is legally considered to be alive. You can go on and on all the f*** you want about science or religion or anything else that has nothing to do with that. This is an issue of legality and legally a person is not considered a living human being until they are born. At that point they are the citizen of a nation that they're in and the laws of that nation applied to them. Now if you want to play to your emotions and go on about the little children and how they're about to  drop out of woman's vagina feel free to say that but that has nothing to do with what the law says or what other people have to think. 
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@sadolite
Well, that is actually what God says.  According to the bible, a fetus is not a living person with a soul until after drawing its first breath.

After God formed man in Genesis 2:7, He “breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and it was then that the man became a living being”. Although the man was fully formed by God in all respects, he was not a living being until after taking his first breath.

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Murder is not wrong because it is murder, but because amounts are removed of the value of that person. Don't get me wrong, all people have value, but Karl Marx definitely worth more than, say, a death row inmate. In fact, the removal of a death row inmate probably prevents NEGATIVE value from being created, that is why death penalty is given to them as an exception to "thou shalt not kill".

If the amount of happiness increased by the mother exceeds what is the value of the fetus, then the act of abortion is seen as justified unless other vectors of benefits or costs are induced that makes the cost outweigh benefit. I would think that abortion in the earlier trimesters would be similar to removing a block of junk in a woman's body. It is literally that, the "child" can't even sustain itself and are just a block of organic matter not enough to be called "alive". Removing a block of junk in the woman is probably beneficial, unless that block upon removal causes more damage to the woman, which is probably more represented by late-trimester abortions. Those are more reprehensible, or it appears to be, due to that it causes more net harm.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
"This has nothing to do with science " Oh really, but you have to be a biologist to know what a woman is. I will refer you to our newest supreme court justice.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Intelligence_06
Dehumanization is the first step to oppression. Literally what people called slaves
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@ILikePie5
Fetuses are not slaves. They are blocks of organic matter that otherwise cannot sustain itself. You don't call a plate of raw beef a cow or anything alive.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Intelligence_06
Fetuses are not slaves. They are blocks of organic matter that otherwise cannot sustain itself. You don't call a plate of raw beef a cow or anything alive.
You clearly did not get the reference. I’ll wait until you do.
badger
badger
Sadolite is the proof that America is the land of obnoxious opinions. The default opinion on abortion is who cares. The answer is women - let them. We get this idiot hillybilly hasn't seen pussy in 20 years on here chortling about his dumb opinion. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@badger
Resorted to ad hominem, it seems that you have. No better than he is, you are. To improve the productivity of this site, this man has successfully achieved. To correct a grammar issue, I have edited.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@badger
Sadolite is the proof that America is the land of obnoxious opinions.
Because all kinds of people exist in America and they are allowed to hold every opinion, even if they hate it. In an authoritarian society, you are encouraged to believe NOT that or discouraged to believe that. In America, you can believe anything and everyone hates everyone else, grumbling for the sole reason they believe in something and we can't do anything about it. I would argue that, without any offense, simply an impression, that Sadolite represents how most people in the US think, they just blabble for the sake they have the right to do so.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
You mean a blob of organic goo.

A child is a post birth offspring of it's parents.

Saying that abortion kills children is an emotive misrepresentation of the facts.

Like saying that eggs are chicks.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@badger
Sadolite is the proof that America is the land of obnoxious opinions. The default opinion on abortion is who cares. The answer is women - let them. We get this idiot hillybilly hasn't seen pussy in 20 years on here chortling about his dumb opinion. 
I luv u bro, socks on tho
badger
badger
-->
@ILikePie5
You're young. You might get sense yet. 
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@sadolite
Yesterday they said they will  fund employee abortions which will "end children's lives"
I think you have a conveniently loose definition of "children" there, and you're overlooking the fact that no one, regardless of age, has the right to use the body of another without consent.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@badger
You're young. You might get sense yet. 
I’d def have a beer with u
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
 You don't call a plate of raw beef a cow or anything alive.
You call an unborn bovine fetus in a cow's an unborn calf... Use your head.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
Doesn't change the fact that they are essentially a block of organic matter that cannot sustain itself. Keeping them alive for the whole sake of "murder" is absurd in my opinion.

Or that I just think before a fetus can sustain itself, it cannot be rightfully considered a human and aborting it is more "removing organic matter" than "killing a person".
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
you are just a bunch of cells yourself, punk.
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@RationalMadman
Yes, I am. I can sustain my livinghood myself, like a very-late stage fetus and unlike an early-trimester fetus.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Intelligence_06
Murder is not wrong because it is murder, but because amounts are removed of the value of that person.
Human value is measured by the financial loss of their surviving family members.

For example, if someone dies at work, a "wrongful death" lawsuit can be filed against those presumably responsible.

This is not an "accusation of murder".

The lawsuit for "wrongful death" can ONLY be filed by a close family member who has suffered a financial loss as a result of the death of their relative.

In the case of an abortion, ONLY the mother or the father of the unborn should be able to file a civil "wrongful death" lawsuit against the physician who performed the procedure.

And this liability could easily be mitigated by asking anyone seeking an abortion to sign a waiver of their rights to sue for "wrongful death" (very specifically for the unborn in question).
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@badger
Unwarranted insults you loose. Dullard.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
Sorry wrong thread  but Ill leave it here anyway. 

I  have never given my personal opinion on abortion one way or another. I am discussing the legal argument as to why the supreme court sent it back to the states and how this will allow those who don't like abortion to live among other people who don't and vice versa. My opinion about abortion is irrelevant. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.  You, like most people don't get that my opinions are never based on emotion.  This was as predictable as the sun coming up in the morning. The mistake was using the courts instead of doing it the proper way by legislation thru the House and Senate then amending the constitution. But they didn't so here we are. Court rulings can be over turned with a simple majority and they are overturned all the time. The only people to blame for this happening are the pro choice advocates in the beginning. They couldn't get the support  to amend the constitution then and they cant get it now.  Not all woman are pro choice, I guess they hate themselves. You know like people say I hate women because I don't  opine one way or another. My opinion about anything doesn't matter, never has, learned that along time ago. That's why I don't inject emotion into my opinions. Now back to your baseless adhoms and unwarranted personal attacks everyone. Doesn't bother me a bit, you are all what you accuse me of being.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
Well stated.

I agree entirely.

I offer opinions often tinged with sarcasm and satire.

But like you, I am moderate and emotionless.

How others react to my comments is entirely down to them.......If they choose to be offended, well that's an available option. 

As for abortion, that's an available option too....Just like having ones dick cut off.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
As for abortion, that's an available option too....Just like having ones dick cut off.

False Zed, that option just went out the window by pervert virtual rapist on Supreme Court.

So now it is crazy ---see Wiconsin state law reverting to 1800's--- all over USA, and you probably werent even alive in 60's when then and prior, back street actual coat hanger abortions took place.   60 million or so voted for Trumpet. How many of those want to pregnant women going nuts and performing back alley coat hanger    abortions, or something less than safe tho not that extremme?

Oppinion does matter to whatever degree, and that is why there is always a cry for freedom through out the years. To let us express ourselves as we see best. Has anyone ever paid attention to China etc on issue of free speech?

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Hey, do you think that a court ruling is going to stop the demand for abortion.

Where there's a demand there's a buck to be made.

Money.........The Supreme reality of human society.