How To Change Your Mind

Author: ebuc

Total: 24
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
Ok I watched the first 2 episodes of this doc. and I cannot imagine anyone who will not love it, absolutely.

Michal Pollan wrote the book, the history and meets many or all of the people invovled in this past to current activities where science meets the sacred, if not geometrical, certainly takes people to places of healing, that, are beyond words. There is even a questionarie to know if you visited a sacred place of consciousness.

So yeah, end-date-of-humanity is something I post over last year on various forums.

Well this doc. will hopefully put a  glimmer in some peoples eyes, and makes us think, that maybe, there is hope for humanity after-all,  to come to their senses in time, or to better understand the end.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Material evolution is such that humans evolved and human understanding changes things.

How predetermined and inevitable the process of material evolution might be, is impossible to say.

Pure chance or not, that is the question.

I have certainly changed my mind to take on board the GOD principle.

Though not to be confused with the floaty about bloke of Middle Eastern Mythology.

Not to say that the Middle Eastern Mythology hasn't evolved from a naive understanding of material processes.  
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Material evolution is such that humans evolved and human understanding changes things.

Zed, I think you confusing Terrnance McKenna with Mike Pollan.

So far Terrance has not been mentioned in this doc.  His evolutional thoughts were that apes ate magic mushrooms and aquried access to Meta-space min/intllect/concepts/ego. Maybe our evolution did happen that way. I dunno. However, I do know that Peyote { Flesh of the Gods }  does not grow in Africa.

In fact this doc. shows how some substances help to obliterate the ego. Ive started the 4th episode about mescaline/Peyote and San PedroI. I used to have a shirt with logo on front that the red and blue wave of the older style Pepsi logo, but instead of the word Pepsi between the two wavy lines, the Peyote in wavy for was there. I was so sad when what was left of that T-shirt eventually  disintegrated away, pinned to back wall in my shop.

Peyote consciousness way by far my favorite state of consciousness, and that consciouness state, once stayed with me for like three days, after the primary experience had worn off.  Any anxieties of social niceties or inhibitions --not like being drunk--- had just vanished and there was a perfection of handling social interactions.

n8nrgim
n8nrgim
-->
@zedvictor4
What do mean that u have taken on board the god principle ?
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Have not had the chance to watch the show but I think if the only time you have any sort of significant spiritual experiences is on drugs you're not really having spiritual experiences. You're just a spiritual person using drugs. There are plenty of substances that don't alter your consciousness that provides spiritual experiences. Cacao being one of them. I'm not saying people shouldn't use plant medicines I'm just saying that if hallucinogenics are the way that you have any sort of significant spiritual experience there's something not right.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
The show is primarily about history of these substances ---much you and I never new about--- and there medical values, that, conincide with spirituality, and especially so for cancer patients and PTSD.

You will understand better once  you watch the first three episodes. 4th episode is a lot from Native Americal Peyote Church and their use and struggles for their rights to use this sacrament in their religon. Ive not finnished that episode, so dont know how much they will go into medical data on mescaline.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@n8nrgim
GOD principle.

In short the notion that universal initiation/re-initiation and consequent material evolution, is a purposeful process.

As opposed to a pure chance event.

Though I stress that this is far from believing in magical, eternally existent blokes, derived from 2000 year old folk tales and creation mythology.

Nonetheless 2000 year old folk tales, creation mythology and eternally existent magical blokes, were (and I stress were) a reasonable interpretation of the GOD principle 2000 years ago.

Not that any of this gets us any closer to understanding the very beginning.....Something from nothing as it were.

Maybe one day the GOD principle will fail and the universal sequence will come to an ultimate end.

The GOD principle is likely to be dependent upon the evolution of intelligence....In so much as GOD initiates the evolution of intelligence, which in turn re-initiates the evolution of GOD, and so on.

To use human religious terminology..... GOD creates MAN in his image and Man recreates GOD in his image.....And so on.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
.....Something from nothing as it were.....

Huh, Zed, where you come out with these ideas from ...How to Change Your Mind.....is beyond my comprehension, and I imagine most others.

Regarding occupied space Universe/God...naught is created nor destroyed, only transformed between states of occupied space existence.

Watch the first three episodes, and in two places, individuals talk about obliterating self, i.e. the concepts of theirselves, not biologic suicide.  It is the conceptual self obliteration that allows them to not have suicidal thoughts.

With ego death nothing is lost, only gained, an opening to allow in truth and possibilty of new ways of thinking ergo behaving.

This is what many of these perverted virtual rapist need badly.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Zed, I sure have clarified more .....naught is created nor destroyed, only eternally transformed between states of occupied space existence.

Does the sine-wave associated reality ever cease to exist, if only ultra-short period of time?  Only if that part it occupies is converted into Gravit-Dark Energy, the diametrically polar opposites of all Universe/God based  tori.

Eternal is to time, as,

Infinite is to space.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
@n8nrgim
...."A mind of limits, a camera of thoughts" is the name of this contribution from citizen scientist Prateek Sarpal. Jupiter inspires artists and scientists with its beauty. In this image, south is up, and the enhanced color evokes an exotic marble and childhood joy.

Amazing Blue Marble photo called Jupiter

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Eternally transformed between states of occupied existence.
Yep, this is basically what I'm saying when I refer to sequential universes.

Though the questioning mind cannot ignore the notion of something from nothing....A beginning and therefore the possibility of an end.

GOD principle is that which perpetuates the sequence.

It's very easy to say eternally occupied space.....Space is an easy concept.

But can you explain the existence of matter......That which gives space significance.

The eternal existence of matter is very easy to say, but impossible to prove.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Though the questioning mind cannot ignore the notion of something from nothing....A beginning and therefore the possibility of an end.
The mind can when it has no evidence of occupied space created nor destroyed ergo the 1st law of thermodynamic introduced and adopted in lat 1800's.

You still never state where you get this non-sense idea from. Is it the Bible? Cosmology etc.
It's very easy to say eternally occupied space.....Space is an easy concept.
Space is infinite and is not an infinite is not easys concept for most humans to grasp, because humans only deal with graspble, tangible finites.

Finite occupied space Universe/God is far easier to grasp than infinite Space.

But can you explain the existence of matter......That which gives space significance.
Ive explained it many times via  observation by physicists it and it is called fermiconic matter.

3 primary  kinds of quark, that total 18 combinations and 18 anti-quark combinations.

3 primary kinds of electron, electron as muon and electron as tau and there 6 anti-such particls

3 primary kinds of neutrino, muon-neutrino, tau-neutriono and there are 6 such anti-neutrino particles

The eternal existence of matter is very easy to say, but impossible to prove.
We have no evidence of otherwise, so what is much harder to your lack of reason, for your repeated delving into this seemingly your hokey-pokey inferreneces of an occupied space something from a truly non-occupied space nothing. 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
We have no evidence of otherwise.
Of course.

But this makes no difference in terms of evolved intelligence and associated questions.

And one can also directly relate these principles to any and all GOD concepts.

And you have never explained the existence of matter...No one ever has.

The existence and state of sub-atomic particles is maybe what it is thought to be.

But this doesn't explain a beginning.

In terms of thought processing, it is just as easy to imagine empty space as it is to imagine occupied space.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
In terms of thought processing, it is just as easy to imagine empty space as it is to imagine occupied space.

That is not what I stated.  I stated finite is easier to grasp that infinite.

.....Eternal is to time, as,

......Infinite is to space

And once again I have to remind you Zed, that, humans only observe finite occupied space.  Humans do not observe any infinite space, occupied or non-occupied.

But this doesn't explain a beginning.
The beginning of fermionic matter --after the big bang--  has story that has developed over the years. I'm surprised youve not seen or read any of them.

You must not have been interested in cosmology and physics lasts 40 years.

1] first hit: ...."  How was the matter created? The universe began, scientists believe, with every speck of its energy jammed into a very tiny point. This extremely dense point exploded with unimaginable force, creating matter and propelling it outward to make the billions of galaxies of our vast universe. Astrophysicists dubbed this titanic explosion the Big Bang. "

Ebuc.....So here again, Zed, I have to remind you, that matter { occupied space } did not come from nothing { non-occupied space }. Ferminonic matter and bosonic forces came from previous phase of occupied space  prior to the big bang{ BB }/WOW!.   The finer details are harder to discern, as we look with our observational instruments, to arrive closer and closer to that exact time of the BB?/WOW!

..." How close to the Big Bang can we see? .What can we see? We can see the heat that was there at about 380,000 years after the expansion of the universe began 13.8 billion years ago (which is what we refer to as the Big Bang). This heat covers the entire sky and fills the universe. "...

If you want finer detail I can give my understanding based on my own speculations based on my knowledge base and explorations, that began  with searching for pattern of prime numbers and most recently ended with seeing the potential way in which occupied space fermions and bosons, transform into and out of { via invagination (><) } Gravity and Dark Energy.

This following is last message #12,  found in thread titled Structure of Graviton-Darkion.https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/7649-structure-of-graviton-darkion

Let me try to explain #11 above another way.

1} Gravitational space  and Dark Energy space can be likened to another dimension of occupied space because ultra-micro.

2} our sine-wave/\/\/ associated Reality/Observed Time Quanta, may approach a time called heat death of Universe, i.e. all matter becomes EMRadiation photons, of a very ultra-long wave frequency.

3} and I'm saying that depending on which outer or inner space-curvature is more dominant, means that, the inside-tube ergo reality of fermions and bosons ---that is inside  all space-time { t } tori of Universe---, sine-waves ----/\/\/ associated with fermions and bosons /\/\/ --- can be  approaching flatness { ultra-long wave }, and eventually dissiptes into, i.e. becomes, either Gravity (  ) or Dark Energy )(

And for those not familiar my occupied space scenarios,  Gravity is the outer set of surface events of positive (  )  curvature on all space-time { t } tori that compose all particles of Universe/God. Dark Energy is the inner set of surface events of negative  )(  curvature on all space-time{ t } tori, that, comose all particles of Universe/God. .....space(> t < )( > t< )space....
So visually, below is the recent verson of  four levels, then followed by the original version.  I show this inside-the-tube sine-wave become longer wave { flat lining } and moving closer  towards  Gravity and 0, 3p, 6, 9, etc are now a minminal variation in sine-wave high and low peaks.

......1.............................5p...........7p............................11p.............13p........................17p....G{ outer }....................

0~~~~~~~~~~~3p~~~~~~~~6~~~~~~~~~~~~~9~~~~~~~~12~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~15~~~~~~~Observable Time inside
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
.................2p............4................................8...........10..................................14.......16............DE { inner }..............

^^^^^^^
Stop here
Start here
vvvvvvv

Below is the equanimity of balance version to reference the diffferrence to the above where sine-wave associated reality { fermions and bosons } dissiapte into Gravity or Dark Energy ergo naught is created nor lost, only transformed, if only for ultra-short period of time { duration }.

This original version below makes the invaginations ----2p-3p-4, and 5p-6-7p and 8-9-10, then 11p-12-13p etc----  from Gravity Dark Energy peaks of curvature on a space-time { t } torus.

......1.............................5p...........7p............................11p.............13p........................17p....G{ outer }....................
-
-
0..............................................6.................................................12..........................................Observable Time inside

---Bucky Fullers-------abstract great circle----central spine inside center the 3D torodial tube---------------

........................3p............................................9.................................................15..............Observable Time inside
-
-
.................2p............4................................8...........10..................................14.......16............DE { inner }..............

Below is original or static equanimity  i.e. the sine-wave, Gravity and Dark Energy all balanced scenario

.....1.............................5p...........7p............................11p.............13p........................17p....G{ outer }....................
-
-
0..............................................6.................................................12..........................................Observable Time inside

---Bucky Fullers----conceptual great circle----inside  the 3D torodial tube as a conceptual spine------------

........................3p............................................9.................................................15..............Observable Time inside
-
-

So the reality associated time wave { sine-wave } is 0, 3p, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18 etc..........

Take note that matter closely aligns with these triangulated set. 3 primary kinds of quark, with total 18 combinations of quark and 18 kinds of anti-quark.

3 kinds of electron and 3 kinds of anti-electron

3 kinds of neutrino and 3 kinds of anti-neutrino

3 kinds of weak force W- W+ and Zo

9 kinds of strong sub-nuclear force gluon, tho only 8 are manifest in reality, that, we can observe

finding a matching triangular to EMRadiations { photons } ive not identified yet

The one last thing to note is, that all fermions and bosons ---putting aside Gravity and Dark Energy as bosons---   are composed of no less than two of my presented space-time{ t } tori.   ...... space(>t< )( >t< )space..... I m guessing that the ultra-short lived mesons { strong nuclear forces } are just these two space-time{t} tori, cause only two would be the least stable having no obvious signs of geometric stabilization.

These two tori I believe are two great circle associations of the four that define the Vector Equlibrium aka cubo-octahedron

>< = two invaginations on each space-time{t} tori of Universe.

(  ) = positive shaped geodesic curvature of ultra-micro, ergo, meta-physical Gravity,

)( = negative shaped geodesic curvature of ultra-mciro, ergo, meta-physical Dark Energy.

Understand Zed? Physical reality ---aka observed time { t }--- is inside the tube and has a numerical, triangular based sine-wave association.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
Well:

I do take an interest and I do read.

But:

All theories start after an assumed beginning. (Obviously)

I'm questioning what was before a beginning and why did a beginning occur.

Or to put it another simplistic way:

The average human is aware of stuff.

How can stuff be?

As far as I'm aware, creation theories do not address this issue.

It's just accepted that stuff exists and that it was somehow created. (From nothing)

If you were sitting watching T.V. and a hippopotamus suddenly appeared from nowhere in a puff of smoke.

Wouldn't you be slightly perplexed?

All of your above reply, however meaningful, is nonetheless post creation theory.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
I'm questioning what was before a beginning and why did a beginning occur.

You mean what was before the bIg Bang. Correct? Nobody knows other  than to say, finite, occupied space Universe/God, is in eternally transformation of its three primary types of occupied space existence:

Occupied space Universe/God:

....1} eternally{?} existent or blips out for brief periods of time, possibily as Ive laid out for you, the fermionic matter and bosonic forces ---and the  new third hybrid set of those two--- as physical reality ergo observed time { quanta validated } and most if not all of these associated with a sine-wave patterning /\/\/,

...2} eternally existent, ultra-micro ergo Meta-physical Gravity,

..... 3} eternally existent, ultra-micro, ergo Meta-physical Dark Energy.

Ive been repeating this for  some ten years now, and on this forum since its inception, and previous dart.

How can stuff be?
If it is eternally existent then how can it not exist? Zed,  humans only see finite stuff, so they dont grasp eternal existent even when we have discovered and all scientists believe the 1st of thermodynamics is a cosmic absolute, but again that is only the physical reality and I make clear that Gravity and Dark Energy or beyond that physical reality because of their ultra-micro nature, ergo makes them liken to another dimension ex parrellel dimension to the physical reality.

And again I begin to show with my 2D lattice ----of 3D torus--- how it may be that for ultra-short periods of time, the sine-wave associated  physical reality dissipaates into Gravity ergo Dark Energy, because they both diametrica opposites on the same torus, and take turns sharing the geodesic  out surface set of nodal events via postive outer, and negative inner. Simple

It's just accepted that stuff exists and that it was somehow created. (From nothing)
Nothing new there Zed humans believe accept all kinds of BS.  You understand that dont you?

If you were sitting watching T.V. and a hippopotamus suddenly appeared from nowhere in a puff of smoke.
1} let me know when there is scientific evidence of such, and not just imaginary concept,}

2} what is possible technology may some day dissemble this occupied space integrity and re-assemble it elswhere as in.... beam us up scotty......  Occupied space is transformed and not created from any truly non-occupied space. Why you cannot grasp such simple concept speaks to:

....1} your preconditioning to this this or that way over in childhood and over the years, or ego based mental blockage to obvious truths.

All of your above reply, however meaningful, is nonetheless post creation theory.
False Zed, my 2D lattice of a 3D torus ----finite set of all space-time tori of Universe--- is eternal transformation, and if occupied space physical reality { /\/\/ } dissipates into Gravity, then Gravity has to respond/transform in some way. Yes?

If all occupied space physical reality { /\/\/ } dissipates into Dark Energy then again, what transformations does this cause to the sum-total set of occupied space Universe/God?

This is only three we have to be concerned with, ergo, this makes it much simpler to speculate what occurs at end-beginning cycles of the finite, occupied space Universe.  If you want to understand, then understand the 2D lattice as best as you can becuase it is 2D representation of the fundamentals of Universe/God.

If I had the money I would certainly pay some one to create a these numerically based, invaginated, 3D tori, that dynamically would over lap and interfere and many diferrent ways, differrent combinations of two, three four etc.

Remember also that even tho we see the four lines/levels { in 2D } that all we ever see in reality is inside the tube, not the outer and inner peaks of Gravity and Dark Energy.  Depending on the kind of tor nodal interference I think wecan  grasp how virtual particles appears seem to appear, but we only know they exist by their effects on real particles.

IVe been  following a lot of this physics stuff since the late 70's and I think my approach is one of the most simple and aligns so much with Fullers Great Circles,  { Vector Equlibrium as Operating System of Universe } and only partially to Arthur Youngs Reflexive Universe

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@ebuc

Opiates are good at changing your mind, especially religion.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@FLRW
Opiates are good at changing your mind, especially religion.

Havent seen any opiates mention in this documentary. These people have anxieties and  addictions.

One person did have terrible pain from cluster headaches and pislocybin cured him.

Three primary kinds of head ache if I recall and cluster head arches is one of those three. I use hydrocodone { drowsy } for various physical pains or tramadol { stoned } at work rotor cuffs.

Gabapentin for terrible leg and ankle pain ---tramadol didnothing for it----  has been a miracle drug for my sciatic pain over last three years. 3 pills a day religously.

Gabapetin { non-narcotic } was designed for epilepsy.  It stops pain to brain from sciatic.  Not sure what I would do with out it.
sadolite
sadolite
I have changed my mind about many different things through out life. But I have never changed it because someone told me to or tried to shame me into it or any other form of coercion like doom and gloom BS. Logic, practicality, efficiency, expense are the corner stones of changing my mind about anything.   
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
Did you watch any of the doc.?
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
Nope, just expressing what it takes to change my mind at nearly 60 years of age. But you are free to try and change my mind about something. I mean we are polar opposites on every single issue known to humanity. I'm sure you can think of something you would want to change my mind about. Use all of the tools at your disposal in this documentary to put its theories to the test. I will be fair and answer all questions directly and succinctly as long as you do the same. Be warned though, emotion based arguments will be rejected immediately.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
Watch the doc. and see how others have approached changing their mi

I was addicted to ciggerretes and it was not easy to change my mind in regards to stop, even tho mind said to stop, my physics did not.

I have friend is very OCD, and as I watched the one area, I thought of my friend immediately.  Sad, you have sad close and narrow mind from Ive observed, and this is somewhat how OCD as its so very limiting to ones thought processing
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@ebuc
Oh, this isn't about getting other people to change their mind, its about self improvement. My bad.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@sadolite
No problem sad, I make plenty of errors.