Does having routine make you less human?

Author: PREZ-HILTON

Total: 5
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
I tend to shun any routine whatsoever, because I feel it would make me less human. Like a robot just living his day on repeat. A lower form of consciousness. For example, it's like when you drive yourself home from work everyday over and over, it almost feels like you escape your consciousness, and you stop even remembering your drive home. 

If routine makes us a robot, isn't the solution to living a life where you are not a philosophical zombie, to just have a life always in a chaotic sort of hell?

If the answer is yes, than are our choices in this world limited to being conscious in hell, or dead (philosophical zombie)?
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Nobody is telling you to let it be a routine. For example, even if you go to school everyday at the same hour, you learn different things. Even if you go to work at the same hours, you still compile different information. These make you feel different unless you make yourself numb. Nothing is that kind of “routine” unless you say it is yourself.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
And you stop even remembering your drive home.

This is dementia.

Might explain a lot of things.

Best you see a Doctor.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Is that why you go to jail from time to time? 💀
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
"Does having routine make you less human?" No, it makes you predictable, responsible and dependable. It makes you an asset that can be counted on. On the down side it makes you easy to assassinate.