Rushdie. Well someone had to bring it up.

Author: Stephen

Total: 9
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
As is well known the author of the novel Satanic Verses Salman Rushdie  had a Fatwa (price) put on his head back in 1998 for committing the crime of Blasphemy. The western world was outraged then.

Now it appears that the world wide media seem absolutely oblivious why Rushdie would be attacked by a Muslim  from New Jersey USA and are still looking for a motive behind the resent attack on the author.  

I have to bring up this most recent talk show of Bill Maher.
Listen here to what Maher has to say about Islam and more relevant, listen to what one of his guest Piers Morgan has to say in response to Maher's opening comments.

Maher 2022 "So don't call me an Islamophobe"

And now listen to his response to a man that says exactly the same to a guest he had on his own show GB news in the UK

Morgan  2017 "Your sounding like a bigoted Islamophobic lunatic"

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Stephen
Do you have any specific examples? Because as far as I have seen - every single one of the news articles on this have expressly talked about the Iranian Fatwah calling for Rushdies death.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Ramshutu
They have but suddenly they appear to be poorly attempting to distance this attack from the fatwa. When it is blatently obvious why he carried out this attack.

But don't be surprised if this Muslim attacker also turns out to be "mentally ill". As is the new excuse used by governments and western media for these latest attacks on westerners by Muslim men.

It remains unclear why Rushdie’s attacker, identified by police as Hadi Matar of Fairview, New Jersey, stabbed the author as he prepared to speak at an event Friday in western New York.

Motive for violence at New York event remains unclear, with author in hospital.

New York Times, New York State Police say Rushdie stabber’s motive is unclear

The motive for the attack is, thus far, unclear, but given that Rushdie spent nine years in hiding 

Police have not established a motive for the stabbing that left the author, 

Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Stephen
All of the posts reference the fatwah, that he’s been subject to death threats. I don’t think anyone appear to be hiding anything in relation to the fatwah or that he’s has a target painted in his back.

It seems more of a procedural thing, reporting on what the police said: who say stuff like that all the time even when it seems fairly clear. 

Like during his trial, they’ll say he “allegedly” stabbed Rushdie multiple times - even though it’s abundantly clear he definitely did it
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Ramshutu

I don’t think anyone appear to be hiding anything in relation to the fatwah or that he’s has a target painted in his back.

I didn't say the media haven't mentioned the fatwa. It is a fact they could hardly leave out.

My point was that it is blatantly obvious why this muslim that wasn't even born at the time the fatwa was decreed decided to assassinate Rushdie. Not to mention the double standards of  journalist Piers Morgan shown in both these links

Maher 2022 "So don't call me an Islamophobe"

And now listen to his response to a man that says exactly the same to a guest he had on his own show GB news in the UK

Morgan  2017 "Your sounding like a bigoted Islamophobic lunatic"

Chapter (47) sūrat muḥammad
 So when you meet those who disbelieve [in battle], strike [their] necks until, when you have inflicted slaughter upon them.
Ramshutu
Ramshutu
-->
@Stephen
You said:

“Now it appears that the world wide media seem absolutely oblivious why Rushdie would be attacked by a Muslim  from New Jersey USA and are still looking for a motive behind the resent attack on the author.  ”
But all the news I’ve seen and you’ve cited talk about the Iranian fatwah, how he’s been under death threats for 25 years because of his books apparent disrespect for Islam - and talk about the religion of the attacker. Note. Opinion media - has been pretty specific about it.

If they were trying to show they were oblivious to why he would be attacked - they’ve done a terrible job. Dont you think?
Stephen
Stephen
If they were trying to show they were oblivious to why he would be attacked - they’ve done a terrible job. Dont you think?

Yes. That is what I said at #3 above when I wrote:
Stephen wrote: but suddenly they appear to be poorly attempting to distance this attack from the fatwa. Why not just come right out and say it. They are so scared to admit the bleed'n obvious is my guess.

Did you listen those blatant double standards spewing from the mouth of Piers Morgan?
RationalMadman
Debates: 566
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
Morgan is a real fucktard, he ditches Britain for the US and then propagates British values onto the Americans, LOL! Like, why not just stay British and if you do enjoy America why make a talkshow dedicated to belittling its values?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Why?
For the money.

Why else.