Why does Donald Trump plead the 5th?

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 19
IwantRooseveltagain
Debates: 0
IwantRooseveltagain
Why has Trump either refused to testify under oath like he did in the Russian collusion investigation or plead the 5th as he did in New York a couple days ago. Is it because he is guilty of the crimes he is being investigated for or because his lawyers are afraid he will lie under oath, which is a crime.
Vici
Debates: 11
Vici
I have to say, didn't Trump make a law where the mishandling of confidential docutments should render prison time? Does anyone remember this? 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Vici
He increased the penalty from 1 year to 5 years.
Vici
Vici
So he should go to prison then. Really shot him in the foot there. 
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Vici
You presume he mishandled something.
Vici
Vici
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
didn't he? isn't this now like common knowledge
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Vici
It was common knowledge for 500+ days that the FBI knew exactly where the documents were. The FBI even told Trump how to secure them.

This is just a typical election cycle stunt.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
Anyone with a police background knows exactly why you plead the 5th, in every case.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
Anyone with a police background knows exactly why you plead the 5th, in every case.
Or a court background.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Greyparrot
I disagree, it is not a typical stunt. Releasing a scandalous interview is typical. If this is the new typical today, tomorrow the new typical will be assassination.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Death threats are on the rise. It is inevitable.
Castin
Castin
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
I assume he pled the Fifth because it was the safest legal move and the advice of counsel.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Castin
I assume he pled the Fifth because it was the safest legal move and the advice of counsel.
Right, Because he’s guilty of fraud in New York.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@IwantRooseveltagain
To be fair, everyone is guilty of something in New York. It's hardly a bastion of purity.
TWS1405
TWS1405
Obama took a crap load of documents when he left office, and he still has them. Promising to digitize them then return them to the National Archives. To this day, he has failed to digitize anything and keeps then in his presidential library.

Going after Trump like this is purely political and has nothing to do with any actual criminal activities. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TWS1405
Obama took a crap load of documents when he left office…
Going after Trump like this is purely political and has nothing to do with any actual criminal activities. 
That’s a lie. The Obama documents we’re transferred the National Archives facility in the Chicago area. See below dummy.

Trump is a dummy. He says stupid things. Then you, being a dummy, listen to Trump and repeat his stupid things.

TWS1405
TWS1405
I didn't hear that from Trump, you arrogant presumption little jar head. 
I heard it on a pundit's podcast...Michael Knowles while working in the yard. 
Haven't been online to verify the veracity of it, but I see the left is in full damage control to cover up for Obama. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TWS1405

didn't hear that from Trump, you arrogant presumption little jar head. 
I heard it on a pundit's podcast...Michael Knowles while working in the yard. 
Haven't been online to verify the veracity of it, but I see the left is in full damage control to cover up for Obama. 

Now, now, don’t get excited LCpl. Just because you listen to podcasts to get your “facts” doesn’t mean you’re a total idiot. It just means you’re a moron. Plus the fact you would repeat something like that without trying to verify its authenticity, also shows you are a moron.

But you have heard a lot of things from Trump over the years no doubt, and that’s why you have such poor knowledge of facts. It’s a failure to exercise critical thinking skills. Do you know what those are?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@TWS1405
In September 2019, Knowles called teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg "a mentally ill Swedish child" on the Fox News program The Story. Fellow segment guest and Democratic Party activist Christopher Hahn replied, "You're a grown man and you're attacking a child. Shame on you." Knowles responded, "I'm not. I'm attacking the Left for exploiting a mentally ill child."[17] Hahn returned, "Relax skinny boy, I got this." Knowles promptly added, "She is mentally ill. She has autism. She has obsessive–compulsive disorder. She has selective mutism. She had depression." The network apologized for Knowles's statement by saying his comment "was disgraceful—we apologize to Greta Thunberg and to our viewers." Knowles did not apologize and Fox said it had "no plans" to have him on again in the future,[18][19] but the channel welcomed him back shortly thereafter.