evolution is a myth

Author: Vici

Total: 40
Vici
Debates: 11
Vici
for those of you who believe in the religion known as evolution, i recommend you read some dr kent hovind. 

if u think evolution is real, you really think we came from an ameba and that we are related to bananas. if you ask any farmer, they will tell you that all their animals have only ever brought forth after their kind just as how god had said in the bible. is there ever a case wher ea dog gave birht to a cat? NO!!!!!!! a dog ONLY EVER GIVES BIRTH TO A DOG. 

as to why. we are taught this propaganda, well it's just a liberal ploy. 

also can any one of you evolution religous pastors tell me - do you think a dog can give birth to a non dog ?
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Vici
if u think evolution is real, you really think we came from an ameba and that we are related to bananas.
yeah

if you ask any farmer, they will tell you that all their animals have only ever brought forth after their kind just as how god had said in the bible.
I asked my grandpa who plants stuff on a nearby patch of land as food this, and he responded with that God is not real. To be fair, both of us are throwing anecdotal evidence and we have achieved nothing.

is there ever a case wher ea dog gave birht to a cat? NO!!!!!!! a dog ONLY EVER GIVES BIRTH TO A DOG.
Because dogs and cats are evolved far apart enough that they cannot reproduce with each other. There is a biological term for that.

Maybe you should get down your high horse and actually read the scientific reports cover to cover before stopping and crying outrage. You can do that after.

FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Vici
The following are the stages of human evolution:
  • Dryopithecus. These are deemed to be the ancestors of both man and apes.
  • Ramapithecus.
  • Australopithecus.
  • Homo Erectus.
  • Homo Sapiens Neanderthalensis.
  • Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Vici
Vici
Vici
-->
@Intelligence_06
if u think evolution is real, you really think we came from an ameba and that we are related to bananas.
yeah
they really got you

if you ask any farmer, they will tell you that all their animals have only ever brought forth after their kind just as how god had said in the bible.
I asked my grandpa who plants stuff on a nearby patch of land as food this, and he responded with that God is not real. To be fair, both of us are throwing anecdotal evidence and we have achieved nothing.
no that is not the question, the question is do animals ever bring forth something other than their KIND. 

is there ever a case wher ea dog gave birht to a cat? NO!!!!!!! a dog ONLY EVER GIVES BIRTH TO A DOG.
Because dogs and cats are evolved far apart enough that they cannot reproduce with each other. There is a biological term for that.
no it is because God created these very clear differences. even ifn dogs turned into cats then why are there still cats?

Maybe you should get down your high horse and actually read the scientific reports cover to cover before stopping and crying outrage. You can do that after.
i have ive reaD DOCTER kent hovinds videos and seminars, which essentially echo my point. 

Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@Vici
For the life of me I will never understand this conflict between evolution and Christianity. I think it is simply contrived and ridiculous. It is very much like the grief Copernicus got for his discovery, he was attacked "as if" the theory that the sun and planets revolved around the earth were a tenet of the Christian faith, but it wasn't.

A Christian faith that is threatened by the theory of evolution is certainly a very weak faith. I would like to propose another way for Christians to look at the theory of Evolution.

First, lets recognize that the "mechanism" Darwin proposed is a tautology. Survival of the fittest really says that in hindsight, the survivors survived...ok...no great shakes there.

But what was Darwin's real accomplishment?

At a point in time when Science was at it's peak of materialistic and deterministic hubris, Darwin applied the scientific method to the history life, and here is what he found.

1) That life was contingent. Contingent upon the rest of creation, its growth and development was a mysterious interplay between nature and nurture, between the individual and the environment, between the part and the whole. He proclaimed all of life to be a unity and stated that in time and space we are all interconnected to each other and to everything else.

2) That life was probabilistic, and consequently, it was not deterministic. Darwinian evolution has no predictive quality, life is open ended, filled with infinite possibility, and its history shows endless variety.

3) That all of life is one life. He demonstrated that all life is interconnected, all of life is related to each other and to the rest of the world. In time, he demonstrated that all life had descended (ascended would have been a better word) from one initial instance of life. He did not explain away the mystery of life, to date, science has not even touched upon the mystery of life. 
4) That life is transcendent,

Darwin, by applying the scientific method, rigorously and in a comprehensive way, to life, determined that life was contingent, probabilistic, and it constitutes a unity. He put science to Genesis, in no way contradicting it in word or in spirit. He correlated the facts of science to the overriding image provided by theology.

This was at the peak of Science's deterministic and materialistic arrogance, and in one fell swoop he turned science around, he changed the direction of Science's journey so to speak. Somewhere along the line, the prodigal son of Science had diverged and gone astray and now, with centuries of new knowledge and experiences under it's belt, it had turned back around and begun a journey down a path that would some day intersect and converge with the original path.

I just don't understand what all the contrived conflict is about. Please don't give me that he provided design without a designer. First of all, he didn't, second of all we are talking about a transcendent God, objective proofs are not possible and in fact, are considered to be a form of idolatry, in that they focus on the concept of God rather than the experience of God. There are no objective proofs of the existence of God and there can't be, so this does not hold up as an argument against the concept of evolution.

Rather than just blindly follow Kent Hovind’s anti-science rants, can you explain what the real problem with this theory is?
Vici
Vici
-->
@Sidewalker
you are describing the change of an animal. I am arguing that Abiogenesis is impossible. it is logically impossible for something not alive to become alive 
Vici
Vici
-->
@Sidewalker
sure specices can be different and "evlove" this is obvious but you cannot conflate this with abiogenesis. 
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Vici
you are describing the change of an animal. I am arguing that Abiogenesis is impossible. it is logically impossible for something not alive to become alive 

The originating post didn't say anything about abiogenesis, but OK.

The Genesis account of creation says that on "day 3" that's exactly what happened, it gives a chronology of creation in which life came into existence on the "3rd day", are you saying that the Genesis account is "logically impossible"?
Vici
Vici
-->
@Sidewalker
God can create life from non life, but on its own, non life cannot create life. unless there is some creator
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Vici
Your contentions here are based on a contrived presumption that the theory of evolution in some way contradicts Christian faith, it doesn't.

What you are contending requires a direct refutation of the most general principles of most of our physical and biological sciences. As a unifying theory of biology, evolution holds true. Its mechanisms are by no means completely understood and it does not in any way eliminate the mystery of life, question the existence of God, or bring into doubt any of the basic tenets of Christianity.

But it is absolutely central to science.

The theory of evolution is the great unifying principle of biology, as powerful a model to biology as Newton's model was to physics. The conceptual framework of the theory of evolution makes sense of a profoundly wide range of scientific facts and it does it in a magnificent and comprehensive way. It provides a principle of unity, a framework by which science can attempt to explain, to unify, and to order, a vast amount of disparate data into a consistent whole providing tremendous coherence and clarity. To deny evolution you must bring into question the entire interwoven fabric of scientific research.

Flat out denial of the theory of Evolution requires the concomitant denial of an astounding range of scientific disciplines, not just the disciplines of geology, paleontology, archeology, radiometric dating, genetics, and zoology but also such fundamental disciplines as physics, astronomy, astrophysics, chemistry, biochemistry, geophysics, biology, botany, microbiology, and meteorology, and many others. Because of the interrelated aspect of the sciences you can't really propose that the theory evolution is false without being fundamentally anti-scientific. You can contend that the theory of evolution is incomplete, nobody claims it is complete. If you could in fact, deny the theory of evolution, it would, in effect, unravel the world of science.

And I just don't see why anyone would want to do that. I simply do not see evolution challenging any of the basic tenets of Christianity; unfortunately, I can't say the same thing about your contention here. In order to support the belief that evolution is false, you accordingly have to postulate a deceptive God don't you?

You would need to propose a God who would create Man with a rational mind, a sense of wonder, and seeking intellect, while creating a universe with the false appearance of tremendous age with the overwhelming evidence of "evolution" occuring in creation as a trick or something. This concept of a deceptive God is very hard to accept, it strikes me as a much greater challenge to Christianity than any damage the concept of evolution could ever hope to do.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Vici
With over 700 quintillion planets in the universe, don't you think life was an accident?  It has been shown that a pair of simple compounds, which would have been abundant on early Earth, can give rise to a network of simple reactions that produce the three major classes of biomolecules—nucleic acids, amino acids, and lipids—needed for the earliest form of life to get its start. Although the new work does not prove that this is how life started, it may eventually help explain one of the deepest mysteries in modern science.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@Vici
If you mate two wolves together, why won’t they make a chihuahua?  
The question assumes you believe in microevolution and that you believe dogs evolved from wolves.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@FLRW
With over 700 quintillion planets in the universe, don't you think life was an accident?  It has been shown that a pair of simple compounds, which would have been abundant on early Earth, can give rise to a network of simple reactions that produce the three major classes of biomolecules—nucleic acids, amino acids, and lipids—needed for the earliest form of life to get its start. Although the new work does not prove that this is how life started, it may eventually help explain one of the deepest mysteries in modern science.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Vici
I really hope your 12 but I'm pretty sure you're a grown adult which is just scary.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vici
What created GOD.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@3RU7AL

Great video!
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Vici
i have ive reaD DOCTER kent hovinds videos and seminars, which essentially echo my point. 

Kent E. Hovind (born January 15, 1953) is an American Christian fundamentalist evangelist and tax protester. He is a controversial figure in the Young Earth creationist movement whose ministry focuses on denial of scientific theories in the fields of biology (evolution), geophysics, and cosmology in favor of a literalist interpretation of the Genesis creation narrative found in the Bible. Hovind's views, which combine elements of creation science and conspiracy theory, are dismissed by the scientific community as fringe theory and pseudo-scholarship. He is controversial within the Young Earth Creationist movement; and, Answers in Genesis openly criticized him for continued use of discredited arguments abandoned by others in the movement.
Hovind established Creation Science Evangelism (CSE) in 1989 and Dinosaur Adventure Land in 2001 in Pensacola, Florida. He frequently spoke on Young Earth creationism in schools, churches, debates, and on radio and television broadcasts. His son Eric Hovind took over operation of CSE after Hovind began serving a ten-year prison sentence in January 2007 for federal convictions for failing to pay taxes, obstructing federal agents, and structuring cash transactions. In September 2021, Hovind was convicted of domestic violence against his estranged wife.
ಠ_ಠ

8 days later

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@Vici
if u think evolution is real, you really think we came from an ameba and that we are related to bananas. if you ask any farmer, they will tell you that all their animals have only ever brought forth after their kind just as how god had said in the bible. is there ever a case wher ea dog gave birht to a cat? NO!!!!!!! a dog ONLY EVER GIVES BIRTH TO A DOG. 

also can any one of you evolution religous pastors tell me - do you think a dog can give birth to a non dog ?
It’s not possible for a dog to give birth to a non dog.

However if you understood, how evolution works, you’d understand that this is not actually a problem - as evolution doesn’t require and never has required one kind of animal to give berth to an animal that that isn’t the same kind of animal.

Eukaryotes will always produce eukaryotes. Bilaterals will always produce bilateral. Deutorostomes  produce deutorostomes,  Chordates produce chordates. Craniates produce craniates. Rhipidistia Produce Rhipidistia. Tetrapods produce tetrapods, mammals produce mammals. Primates produce primates. Apes produce apes and humans produce humans.

So at no point has evolution requires an animal to be born that isn’t the same - that would be stupid.

What evolution does do - and you wouldn’t hear this from Kent Hovind as he is a professional charlatan - is allow the small changes between insicisuao generations to accumulate over successive generations, so that an animals great, great, great, great, great….x 100.. grandparents could be classified as a different species than that grandparent.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Vici
for those of you who believe in the religion known as evolution, i recommend you read some dr kent hovind. 

No where does Kent Hovind find a virgin giving birth to the son of God strange.
Yet he claims to be an authority on evolution when he is just a creationist.

A dog giving birth to a cat is not part of evolution but the Red Sea parting for Moses during exodus is etched in our minds forever.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
look at human's wisdom teeth and appendix. outgrowth of evolution. look at the hind leg bones of whales who dont even have legs. i could go on and on with examples of evolution. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Shila
I can assure you that the Red Sea parting for Moses was never etched in my mind.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Vici
Evolution: A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form.

Where in that definition does it state that someone who believes in evolution thinks we came from an amoeba?
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Vici

Why do men have nipples on their chest?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@FLRW
An early stage/genetic instruction of the embryo/foetal development process.

So the human nipple is a characteristic of the human species and not primarily a female characteristic.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@zedvictor4
We’re all female in early pregnancy (by fact checking I learnt all mammals are, which isn’t surprising).
Though there might be more to it if you have a better understanding.

Nevertheless the story of Adam and Eve is very wrong. 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@zedvictor4
And vestigial comes to mind as well. Though I had to look up the word cause I couldn’t remember it. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Reece101
The story of Adam and Eve is a story of Adam and Eve.

A sort of very naive creation hypothesis with references to human sexuality thrown in.

All written by naive scholars back in the day when scholars knew a lot less than they do now.

And in short, unless the concieved zygote posesses a specific SRY gene it will develop into a female.

So fundamentally we are all the same, but sex is nonetheless determined at conception.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Reece101
For sure.

Male nipples can be regarded as vestigial.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Reece101
So, are you British?

Or are you just up late or early elsewhere?

I'm British and literally waiting for paint to dry.