"Islam Taught Me To Hate Salman Rushdie"

Author: Stephen

Total: 1
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen

"I was taught to hate Salman Rushdie at my Islamic school in the US, 8 miles away from Hadi Matar’s home"

"I attended a private Islamic school inside the US for six years. Salman Rushdie was universally reviled in my classes. One Islamic Studies instructor in particular spoke about him regularly. Rushdie was considered an “apostate” by some since he was born into a Muslim family yet didn’t practice the religion. He was hated by others for suggesting — even in a fictional piece of work — that the Prophet Muhammad’s (peace and blessings be upon him) message wasn’t the absolute, infallible message of a one true God. If you don’t believe that, then you aren’t Muslim, end of discussion: that’s what we were taught. And, according to many rulings from Islamic governments, apostates should be killed.

How is it that the USA, the land of the free allows this kind of teaching in schools that shouldn't even exist in the western world?  We have had these vile Islamic madrassa's here in the UK for many years now and it is common knowledge to everyone but our government that children as young as 5 are beaten senseless into hating the west and the none believer.