"Better Call Saul" Ends

Author: Swagnarok

Total: 14
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
On August 15, the series finale of Better Call Saul aired. Between Breaking Bad, the 2019 movie El Camino, and this, the Breaking Bad franchise has finally concluded after a legendary 14 year run.

Press F to pay respects.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW
-->
@Swagnarok
@badger

People say I look like Mike Ehrmantraut.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Swagnarok
I cried at the end.

Because Breaking Bad was a tragedy I assumed that Better Call Saul would be one too but I'm glad it was a love story and I'm glad even Slippin' JImmy can still sacrifice everything for love.
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@oromagi
I've only seen YouTube clips of Season 6 so far, but the finale was something else. We spent 5 seasons of Breaking Bad rooting for Walt but this last episode framed it from the perspective of everybody else: he was an immoral drug lord and he and his co-conspirators (Saul included) were heinous criminals deserving of harsh punishment. This "antihero Western" was objectively indistinguishable from a glamorized documentary about a real-life cutthroat mafia cartel.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Swagnarok
I stopped rooting for Walt after the plane blew up.  Then it was like, you know, there's worse things than Cancer....
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@oromagi
I mean, he didn't actually cause the plane thing. You could say he was responsible via the butterfly effect, but that's not really the same thing. Walt never chose to push a button to make two planes collide.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Swagnarok
-->@oromagi
I mean, he didn't actually cause the plane thing. You could say he was responsible via the butterfly effect, but that's not really the same thing. Walt never chose to push a button to make two planes collide.

No but that's when any rational man would've rethought his life.

That eye of the bear burnt just like Fring.  That eye that Walter pockets and embraces Heisenberg with certainty. That's when Walt pushed the button.

When Saul tells the story of how he met Walter and brings Marie to the point of forgiveness and then uses that to negotiate, I was certain that Saul had pocketed his eyeball so I am glad that his love for Kim, at least, was non-negotiable.

FLRW
FLRW
-->
@oromagi

I have people waiting for me. They don't know what I do, they never will. They're protected. But I do what I do so they can have a better life. And if I live or if I die, it really doesn't make a difference to me as long as they have what they need. So when it's my time to go, I will go knowing I did everything I could for them. Now, you ask me how I keep going? That's how.

36 days later

cristo71
Debates: 1
cristo71
-->
@Swagnarok
Legen— wait for it— dary…

138 days later

FLRW
FLRW

I think badger looks like Jimmy McGill.

118 days later

FLRW
FLRW

I bet Greyparrot looks like Hector Salamanca.

99 days later

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Reported, unwarranted adhom callout.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot