Why didn't they come up with a CAP/lwrcase function on text editing softwares or webpages?

Author: Intelligence_06

Total: 3
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
You can bolditalic or underline in this text editor which is a rather rudimentary one compared to more professional and versatile ones like Word or WPS. I think the origin for these functions must have been old. Was there a cap/lower function like the bold function in older versions of any text editors and are just being phased out or did no one think of that?

I am not talking about this site. This site is fine without such function listed on top of a text writing box(in fact, writing all in bold or caps sorta makes you "yelling" which is impolite). I am talking about text editors in general, possibly its history.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
Microsoft Word has it for sure but yes, it is odd why others didn't at first at least.

I think somewhere in Google Docs menus it might be there but regardless I do find it odd.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
I think ctrl+Capslock could be a shortcut to this but it doesn't work on anything I have tried. I don't think this was mapped to anything, but if it were, I suggest this function like ctrl+B as bold and ctrl+U as underline.