FORMAL REQUEST to ADD "HISTORY" as a NEW CATEGORY FORUM

Author: oromagi

Total: 12
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
After 15 days of voting and with fairly good participation,  DARTers expressed clear support for the proposition that we add a new category entitled HISTORY.

Regarding the PROPOSITION:

Shall we request the creation of a new FORUM CATEGORY titled HISTORY ?

23 VOTERS voted YES
8   VOTERS voted NO

This topic is created to provide that result to DebateArt.com and Mods requesting this change .

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@DebateArt.com
@David
@Barney
@Vader
@whiteflame
Folks-

I am pleased to report the successful completion of our first user initiated MEEP.

Please be advised that one PROPOSTITION passed with 23 YES votes out of 31 total votes, meeting the qualifications for ratification in accordance with our Moderation Engagement and Enactment Process.  On behalf of all DARTers, I am formally requesting  the addition of one new category to the FORUM page.

We would like that category to be entitled:  History

with the description: Topics related to the memory, interrogation, and documentation of the past

Mike-

I hope this request meets with your approval. Since we did this without consulting you first, please infer a lot of leeway in terms of completion.  I think the end of the year sets a reasonable expectation, but I have no information about the amount of work required or your capacity to complete.  Please update this topic with any limitations or problems I might not have anticipated.  Also, please update this topic with any updates regarding  completion of this request.

Mods-

I hope this MEEP process is consistent with your expectations.  When this change is completed, please log the MEEP and archive this request.

Thanks in advance for your support of this, our first user initiated MEEP!

Regards,
Oro

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@oromagi
The above is now history.

Let's remember, interrogate and document it.

Only joking.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@zedvictor4
@oromagi
You can put this topic in the history section and it won't even feel weird.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
I can remember when Intelligence_06 documented that they were weird, and I interrogated them.

All history now though.
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@zedvictor4
agreed.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@oromagi
Well done, I think a History forum was conspicuously absent, I'm sure it will be a popular category.

Also looking forward to that being where all the Trump posts belong :)
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Intelligence_06
You can put this topic in the history section and it won't even feel weird.

I could also put it in Debate.com, Artistic Expressions, Current events, or Miscellaneous and it wouldn't feel weird.  It's not like the categories aren't super-overlapped and fuzzy now.  But is you want to talk about Hannibal crossing the Alps, what's your best option now, Miscellaneous?  

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@oromagi
Should be in the cruelty to animals section.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
So is this going to happen or be ignored? 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@oromagi
People have asked more than once for the categories to be retooled put together differently things put under other sections and nobody does anything here. You know how it works here. They're categories no one's posted in in years. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Ultimately, we are entirely dependent on Mike's approval and capacity.  I suggested a completion deadline of end of 2022 because I really have no idea how difficult of an ask this is or how much time Mike has to support such a request.  I don't plan to make further inquiries until that time and hope that just hope will see positive updates sooner than that.