Well Debate.org is dead.

Author: Conservallectual

Total: 30
Conservallectual
Debates: 27
Conservallectual
I know this is probably old news to you, but in case for those who don't know, debate.org has been closed. This reminds me of when vine closed, the website exists, but the only page is a farewell note.  For some there's sadness in this, for others there's a bit of joy, but I think we all predicted it. It's been anarchy for a time now. At least we can all remember the moments we had with it. At least Backwardseden has nowhere to go now, that swamp monster is in internet limbo.

R.I.P Debate.org - we all had to start somewhere, and here it was.
Conservallectual
Conservallectual
Hah, I have awoken from my 100 year all-natural and eco friendly cryosleep iceberg(this is a joke and it never happened). I missed ya guys.
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
I haven't thought about backwardseden for over a year. That brings back some memories...
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
The real reason I miss the site is because the world's greatest libertarian debater's arguments are now lost unless archive.org managed to archive all of them.

Imagine being so good at debating that you can leave a platform for years and still manage to have the top position in the leaderboard.

I really wonder what happened to that legend of a debater. 

Anyways, it appears a new challenger has emerged. Oromagi is pretty good at debating. Boy I would LOVE to see a debate between him and Mikal, tbh.

But, hey. This website is pretty awesome. It feels like the way Debate.org used to be, which is great!

But it feels like a lot more of an echo chamber than Debate.org was. Probably because not enough non-progressives are on it!
Novice_II
Debates: 98
Novice_II
Oromagi is pretty good at debating
  • Hmm, I think I disagree.

Conservallectual
Conservallectual
But it feels like a lot more of an echo chamber than Debate.org was. Probably because not enough non-progressives are on it!
I  am a non-progressive.
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@Public-Choice
I think someone on this site had a backup of forums and debates. It is a shame, a lot of good conversations were had on there. It's twitter that deserves to be forgotten.

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@Conservallectual
There aren’t a lot of you guys, well.
Ehyeh
Debates: 31
Ehyeh
I'm very sad about DDO dying, it made me lose contact with my strongest debate partner/teacher in a sense. 
Elliott
Elliott
I was a member a few years ago, it was a decent forum, this one seems  based on it. I remember I stopped visiting it because some idiot was bombarding it with endless pointless posts.
Shila
Shila
When and why did the site shutdown? I am new to debating forums. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Shila
The site was once owned by a company named Juggle. Later, Juggle just didn't bother with that DDO was theirs and did not update the site in accordance with time so the site became buggy and the moderators also lost interest with the site. later, a user now known as USburning contacted Juggle, which has filed bankrupcy and is now a babysitting app company or something like that, and they later shut the site down. USburning has archived the entirety of the site and compressed it. The actual material is not within my hands, but you can contact him if you want any memories.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Intelligence_06
--> @Shila
The site was once owned by a company named Juggle. Later, Juggle just didn't bother with that DDO was theirs and did not update the site in accordance with time so the site became buggy and the moderators also lost interest with the site. later, a user now known as USburning contacted Juggle, which has filed bankrupcy and is now a babysitting app company or something like that, and they later shut the site down. USburning has archived the entirety of the site and compressed it. The actual material is not within my hands, but you can contact him if you want any memories.
Why would anyone want to archive a site that went bankrupt unless the material was very original and interesting.

Thank you for the information!

Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Shila
unless the material was very original and interesting.
Exactly, at least the ones before 2016.

Shila
Shila
-->
@Intelligence_06
--> @Shila
unless the material was very original and interesting.
Exactly, at least the ones before 2016.
It may not be possible to archive a site that goes back that far.

Lair77
Debates: 4
Lair77
It was an monochromatic echo chamber (i.e. age 15-30, male, libertarian).  But I liked it.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Lair77
It was an monochromatic echo chamber (i.e. age 15-30, male, libertarian).  But I liked it.
But do you have to disqualify senior citizens. Their opinions maybe less relevant but they want to be liked too.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Shila
But do you have to disqualify senior citizens. Their opinions maybe less relevant but they want to be liked too.
statistically, retired people are more likely to vote
Shila
Shila
-->
@3RU7AL
--> @Shila
Isn’t that good for democracy?

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Shila
sure, but it also makes their opinions MORE relevant
Shila
Shila
-->
@3RU7AL
--> @Shila
But do you have to disqualify senior citizens. Their opinions maybe less relevant but they want to be liked too.
sure, but it also makes their opinions MORE relevant

So retired people voting are good for democracy.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Shila
So retired people voting are good for democracy.
every valid vote is GOOD for democracy
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Shila
"Their opinions maybe less relevant but they want to be liked too." OMG your condescension really really does have no bounds does it. I don't think you are aware of your own existence. But with that said I am sensing troll also based on previous replies to different subjects and people.
sadolite
sadolite
I miss the old wild west days of debate.org, good times.  It was more like what debating  and voting was like  in the real world. You won or lost debates simply on the title of the debate alone. The voters were completely biased and didn't care how well you defended your position  , just like in the real world. Imagine if you had to explain your vote in the real world and if your explanation didn't  suffice to the self proclaimed, self appointed experts in everything  it would be removed. LOL No ones vote would count. "It's not who votes but  who counts them" 
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@sadolite
You are pretty much appreciating everything wrong with shallow real world verbal spars that masquerade as 'debate'.

If you appreciate that, you don't belong here, in my personal opinion, as you won't be fulfilled by the intensity.

That said, shallow votes exist here.
Shila
Shila
-->
@sadolite

--> @Shila
"Their opinions maybe less relevant but they want to be liked too." OMG your condescension really really does have no bounds does it. I don't think you are aware of your own existence. But with that said I am sensing troll also based on previous replies to different subjects and people.
Good example.

Senior citizen voting for or against Abortion.
"Their opinions maybe less relevant but they want to be liked too.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Shila
If you could not respond to my posts that would be great. We don't have anything in common on any human or intellectual  level.  This will be my last response to anything you post.
Shila
Shila
-->
@sadolite
--> @Shila
If you could not respond to my posts that would be great. We don't have anything in common on any human or intellectual  level.  This will be my last response to anything you post.
So you come here only to meet people who agree with your warped christian views.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@RationalMadman
I am just telling it like it was and it was great entertainment. I am indifferent otherwise. No ones mind was ever changed because of a debate. I come here to hear different points of view to challenge my own. Things that I used to believe that I don't believe anymore because of this site and the other site.

I don't believe in god in the terms humanity describes God anymore. . I believe in a creator  and I also don't think that creator has mass. I think the creator is a massless, intelligent form of infinite pure energy. Space, time and mass does not apply to the creator because the creator created space, time and mass. The creator does not care about outcome, most especially sporting events.

I used to think not anything was possible.  Someone said Anything is possible so long as it doesn't defy the laws of physics. That stuck with me.

I used to think there was no way people would choose tyranny over freedom,  I don't think that anymore.
Shila
Shila
-->
@sadolite
--> @RationalMadman
I am just telling it like it was and it was great entertainment. I am indifferent otherwise. No ones mind was ever changed because of a debate. I come here to hear different points of view to challenge my own. Things that I used to believe that I don't believe anymore because of this site and the other site. 

I don't believe in god in the terms humanity describes God anymore. . I believe in a creator  and I also don't think that creator has mass. I think the creator is a massless, intelligent form of infinite pure energy. Space, time and mass does not apply to the creator because the creator created space, time and mass. The creator does not care about outcome, most especially sporting events.

I used to think not anything was possible.  Someone said Anything is possible so long as it doesn't defy the laws of physics. That stuck with me.

I used to think there was no way people would choose tyranny over freedom,  I don't think that anymore.
Why tell us things that you no longer think about anymore?