People are using Covid as an excuse to not do things

Author: Lair77

Total: 28
Lair77
Debates: 4
Lair77
Right now, people can get double vaccinated and then additional booster shots.  They also have the choice to wear masks if they please.  And over time, covid variants have gotten less deadly. 

If Covid lockdowns was the reason you weren't going to the gym, wouldn't you be going to the gym currently?
If Covid lockdowns were the reason why you avoided meetup groups, travelling and other social activities, wouldn't you be doing them now?

I don't genuinely think people are afraid of covid.  They're just accustomed to their 2020 lifestyle of staying home on social media and video games.
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@Lair77
Right now, people can get double vaccinated and then additional booster shots.  They also have the choice to wear masks if they please.  And over time, covid variants have gotten less deadly.  

If Covid lockdowns was the reason you weren't going to the gym, wouldn't you be going to the gym currently?
If Covid lockdowns were the reason why you avoided meetup groups, travelling and other social activities, wouldn't you be doing them now?

I don't genuinely think people are afraid of covid.  They're just accustomed to their 2020 lifestyle of staying home on social media and video games.
You have some  19 posts to your credit.

Staying at home cannot be very productive for you.

Elliott
Elliott
I must admit that the lockdown made me somewhat paranoid and acrophobic, but now I have had three jabs and I caught Covid, so I have decided my antibodies should be pretty resilient and I am now out and about again.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Elliott
I must admit that the lockdown made me somewhat paranoid and acrophobic, but now I have had three jabs and I caught Covid, so I have decided my antibodies should be pretty resilient and I am now out and about again.
So Covid antibodies are your motivators.

Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
I was one of "those people" who didn't let a virus with a 99.5% survival rate dictate my life choices. 

And, I have to say, at least where I lived, Restaurants went to shit, apartment maintenance went to shit, a bunch of activities were closed even though they had very little chance of spreading COVID (they were outdoor events with plenty of space for social distancing), stores were out of, like, 1/3 of everything.

And, in most cases, the reason was "for your safety we are not doing xxx."

I literally ended up not going to Baltimore because 90% of the hotels didn't even properly clean their rooms, have breakfast, working wifi, working or open amenities, and, you guessed it, they all blamed COVID.

So, at least anecdotally from my life, I would have to say I agree. What I saw, there was no way America didn't get collectively lazy and just use COVID as an excuse to get paid the same amount of money for less work.
TWS1405
TWS1405
I refuse to get the death jab. Never have. Never will.
I've never had CV19, didn't get bird flu, swine flu and/or any of those other pandemic viruses.
The military jacked me with enough unproven, unhelpful and experimental chemicals/drugs. I don't need another experimental one. 
Shila
Shila
-->
@TWS1405
I refuse to get the death jab. Never have. Never will.
I've never had CV19, didn't get bird flu, swine flu and/or any of those other pandemic viruses.
The military jacked me with enough unproven, unhelpful and experimental chemicals/drugs. I don't need another experimental one. 
It is because of people like you America leads the world in Covid cases at 97 million.
India is second with 44 million cases with a population 4 times that of America.
China with the worlds largest population ranks 108 in Covid cases.

TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Shila
It is because of people like you America leads the world in Covid cases at 97 million.
India is second with 44 million cases with a population 4 times that of America.

I am one person among 340,000,000. Having never been afflicted with Covid, I am far removed from such unsubstantiated ignorant criticism. 

The death jab is far more related to actual deaths than the illness itself. ~ New Studies Confirm The Vaxxes Are Killing And Injuring People In Too Large Numbers (allnewspipeline.com)
Shila
Shila
-->
@TWS1405
--> @Shila

I am one person among 340,000,000. Having never been afflicted with Covid, I am far removed from such unsubstantiated ignorant criticism. 

The death jab is far more related to actual deaths than the illness itself. ~ New Studies Confirm The Vaxxes Are Killing And Injuring People In Too Large Numbers (allnewspipeline.com)
The death stats show Asian countries (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, China, Korea) have lower death rates than western countries. So even though western countries claim higher efficacy than the Chinese vaccine, their vaccines are actually resulting in more deaths.
You cannot rule out those administering the vaccines in the west might be less qualified than their Asian counterparts
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Shila
The death stats show Asian countries (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, China, Korea) have lower death rates than western countries. So even though western countries claim higher efficacy than the Chinese vaccine, their vaccines are actually resulting in more deaths.
You cannot rule out those administering the vaccines in the west might be less qualified than their Asian counterparts
You're just full of non-sequiturs today. 

Doesn't take much to be qualified to stick a needle in someone's arm. 

Shila
Shila
-->
@TWS1405

--> @Shila

The death jab is far more related to actual deaths than the illness itself. ~ New Studies Confirm The Vaxxes Are Killing And Injuring People In Too Large Numbers (allnewspipeline.com)
Read your own post blaming the death jab is far more related to actual deaths than the illness itself.
TWS1405
TWS1405
-->
@Shila
Shila

The death jab is far more related to actual deaths than the illness itself. ~ New Studies Confirm The Vaxxes Are Killing And Injuring People In Too Large Numbers (allnewspipeline.com)
Read your own post blaming the death jab is far more related to actual deaths than the illness itself.
You clearly paid no mind to the link I put in my response. Here it is again. 

Lair77
Lair77

tws must be a troll account.  theres no way an actual non-NPC would treat allnewspipeline.com as a valid source.  

also was that website made in 2002, yikes.
Shila
Shila
-->
@TWS1405
09.07.22 06:58PM
--> @Shila
Shila

You clearly paid no mind to the link I put in my response. Here it is again. 

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Shila
He is talking about the ingredients in the vaccine not  improper injection procedures. Geez
Shila
Shila
-->
@sadolite
--> @Shila
He is talking about the ingredients in the vaccine not  improper injection procedures. Geez
He was blaming deaths on the jab and not the illness or vaccine.

Jab definition: poke (someone or something) roughly or quickly, especially with something sharp or pointed.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Elliott
Acrophobia.

Fear of heights.

Perhaps you lived in a ground floor apartment.

Though it's good to hear that acquired immunity to COVID has elevated your perspective.
Elliott
Elliott
-->
@zedvictor4
Acrophobia.

Fear of heights.

Perhaps you lived in a ground floor apartment.

Though it's good to hear that acquired immunity to COVID has elevated your perspective.
Agoraphobia, my bad.

Although I’m not keen on heights either.

I think that having Covid and although it was unpleasant, I have had colds that have felt worse, that eased a lot of the trepidation.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Shila
Yes that is what he is talking about, you are correct.
ebuc
ebuc
Covid booster........."I will get it," says Physician Bob Wachter, who's in his mid-60s and in good health. "I'm about eight months out from shot number four. And so my immunity has waned significantly," Wachter says. He plans to get an updated booster as soon as it's available as a hedge against serious infection, given COVID is still circulating widely with about 400 deaths per day.

"There's no question that getting a booster increases the likelihood that you'll have a benign case," if you do get infected, he says. "....https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2022/09/05/1120834024/omicron-boosters-do-i-need-one-and-if-so-when

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Elliott
Agree.

Shila
Shila
-->
@sadolite
TWS1405 wrote:
The death jab is far more related to actual deaths than the illness itself. ~ New Studies Confirm The Vaxxes Are Killing And Injuring People In Too Large Numbers (allnewspipeline.co

--> @sadolite
--> @Shila
He was blaming deaths on the jab and not the illness or vaccine.

Jab definition: poke (someone or something) roughly or quickly, especially with something sharp or pointed.

--> @Shila
Thank you. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Shila
Oh you are more than welcome.
Shila
Shila
-->
@sadolite

--> @Shila
Thank you.

--> @Shila
Oh you are more than welcome.
It is a nice feeling to be both correct  and welcomed.

46 days later

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Correct, but I do not use COVID as an excuse not to do things...at least not me, when the "impact" is nationwide.

To be fair, I do. The local law requires me to stay at school even in weekends because my parents all have ties to government-related entities, and they absolutely cannot afford to go visit me with actual risk. I cannot go out freely, except for the free PCR test once a few days. To be fair, of course you are describing me, except it is not my excuse to be a homebody of one sort, it is up to the government that I can do anything or not.

Needless to say these dang Americans must be secretly smart when they got choice and not do anything, as staying at one place still decreases the infection rate. IDK. Maybe they are lazy. I don't know if I am jealous or glad in respect to them.

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
But seriously, some western journalists are possibly mad in the background when people like me are ok with what I am(I still thrive in school, even though I am used to having close to 0 social life: That is why I am here). They want Chinese citizens to be mad about the policy so they have something to write about, idk, something something China bad or something something something bla bla bla.

You know what is the funniest part? We think it is too strict too. And the policy isn't loosening up. What are we gonna do? Wait faster? I don't know either, hope they don't reprimand me for saying it.

I know there is a blank sea of Chinese viewpoint on this already small site and my response isn't anyone else's. Either way, it is not my fault that I have something to say about it.
Shila
Shila
Americans were given handouts for staying at home because of Covid. With so many Americans dying from Covid the handout reserves grew bigger. So the stay at home policy was extended.
There is a higher chance of catching Covid staying indoors. So the handouts are working as intended. More Americans are staying at home and dying from Covid.

96 days later

AleutianTexan
AleutianTexan
I think that there is a social impact that is happening that creates an incentive for people to stay home and has caused millions to become more isolated, however, I also think that in regard to labor, I was really hopeful that Covid would cause people to wake up and spur serious movement. Calls for hazard pay and better pay during the labor shortage, I thought would translate into union activity or worker protection legislation, but literally nothing came of it. Very disappointing.