martyr or mug?

Author: keithprosser

Total: 39
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
Do the people who are demanding their government "do something" know that Pakistan is a sovereign country? England cannot "gave" her asylum unless she and Pakistan agrees.
To grant asylum one doesn't need the permission of the country you are fleeing from, well not on this planet anyway. I don't know about yours.
As for the young missionary, he was just young and too full of passion. At least his intent was altruistic.
He was a fool who's god killed him for being a fool, it's your beliefs that killed him, a belief in fairy tales.
Atheists would have gone there either to plunder their riches, or to film their half naked women for internet gold.
What a fucking stupid thing to claim, a claim of absolute ignorance, hatred and lies, good luck praying to the god who kills and rapes and hates.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
The funnies part of this is the tribe killed him as soon as he set foot on the place then went and buried him. They still exposed themselves to the germs he may have had. Funny if whole thing ended with every soul on the island dead. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
Just because someone is not Orthodox doesn't mean that they can't receive God's grace.

The guy who was going to fhem was probably a heretic anyway.

But the fact that you, an unbeliever accuse me of suppressing my faith is offensively ignorant.

I forgive you.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
Congratulations!   You get +2 credit points with your god - 1 point for being offended and another point for forgiving.

I would have said nothing at all.

No, I do not want you forgiveness.   I want you to think about what you want for the Islanders.   You say you want them to livea- as every 'good' human being should.   You do not want them to die as Christians as a 'good' Christian should, caring as they do for souls more then earthly life.  Are you trely offended by being called a better human being than you are a Christian?

I am not mocking you.  I think it is a feature of religions - especially Christianity - that it claims a monopoly on morality. Well, that is so much BS. 

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@keithprosser
You don't really understand my faith, so you are making claims that aren't true....

..but whatever.
disgusted
disgusted
Definitely a MUG.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
martyr or mug?

So what is your verdict? Or are you also on the fence on this one.

keithprosser
keithprosser
You seem to think that not drawing wild conclusions from insufficient information is 'sitting on the fence'!

I'd say he's a martyr by definition, but I doubt he wanted to be one!  But he was a mug to think it was a good idea.  
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
You seem to think that not drawing wild conclusions from insufficient information is 'sitting on the fence'!

Then why even start the thread about it AND ask for others opinion. Do you not see your contradiction?

You didn't put alongside your link  -   "please do not make any wild conclusions from the "insufficient information" in the link  that I have asked you to give an opinion on, just tell me if he was a mug or a martyr" DID YOU!!!!!?

I'd say he's a martyr by definition, but I doubt he wanted to be one!  But he was a mug to think it was a good idea.   
That's both then. Why am I not surprised.
About time. I noticed you had let this thread slip before being forced to finally commit yourself.

And your question was a simple - one or the other. It wasn't  -    one -  the other -  or BOTH. Was it?  fence sitter